ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

These are right ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-20, 12:08 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts
Default These are right ?

These are right size ? Please see photo attached want to make sure I didn’t screw up on size figment
Now I know why am I getting blue wheels that’s what people might be thinking well you know how some of the new Toyota Camry’s have the two-tone I think it’s the TRD model where are the a pillar’s in the roof in the back everything come down all that gave me an idea of what I want with the Lexus and I’m doing that in a metallic Gloss blue wrap

Last edited by ThumperPup; 03-06-20 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-08-20, 08:32 AM
Albo
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Carid is usually good with fitment. It looks like it should fit just fine, obviously I wouldnt mount tires on until u can confirm the fitment in person. Interesting design ur going for there. I'm surprised people havnt chimed in to roast you. I'm all for setting your car aside from the pack so go for it if you like it. I love the way the camry has that 2 tone look. When I bought my es350 my second option would have been a new 2018 xse camry but I think I made the right choice as the es350 was cheaper and I was able to get a similar look with the crafted line edition. Works for me as I'm one of the youngest forum members here. Just make sure that wrap you use is high quality and designed for cars so it doesnt fade and I'd get it professionally done unless you're good with that stuff. Wrapping the flat roof is one thing but idk about the pillars.
Old 03-10-20, 10:17 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by Albo
Carid is usually good with fitment. It looks like it should fit just fine, obviously I wouldnt mount tires on until u can confirm the fitment in person. Interesting design ur going for there. I'm surprised people havnt chimed in to roast you. I'm all for setting your car aside from the pack so go for it if you like it. I love the way the camry has that 2 tone look. When I bought my es350 my second option would have been a new 2018 xse camry but I think I made the right choice as the es350 was cheaper and I was able to get a similar look with the crafted line edition. Works for me as I'm one of the youngest forum members here. Just make sure that wrap you use is high quality and designed for cars so it doesnt fade and I'd get it professionally done unless you're good with that stuff. Wrapping the flat roof is one thing but idk about the pillars.
I know sometimes i ask questions that some people think are easy and should just search and find the answer for so they dont' want to reply here
i find it alot that some people just are not as helpful or when they are its only when they have a interest in helping its all good.

Yeah its being done by a top quality shop in the area and they are using 3M material wrap this shop im using is Luxe Auto spa they do all the high end cars from ferraris to Lamborghinis and everything else also
Old 03-11-20, 05:54 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
I know sometimes i ask questions that some people think are easy and should just search and find the answer for so they dont' want to reply here
i find it alot that some people just are not as helpful or when they are its only when they have a interest in helping its all good.
When you post questions and don't get as many "helpful replies" as you would like to be getting, I think that there are a couple of reasons why that is the case.

First, when people do reply to your posts, it is very rare for you to ever take the time to thank them or to "like" their posts. To the contrary, your responses to the posts of others often have a tone that comes across as being hostile to those who have replied. That gives those who might otherwise be inclined to reply the idea that you don't find their posts helpful, which makes it less likely that they will be inclined to reply.

Also, it is very hard to follow what you are saying in your posts, and I'm sure that many people give up trying to figure out what you are saying. Occasionally using capital letters, periods, commas, properly formed sentences, correctly spelled words, etc. would make it a lot easier to figure out what you saying, and that would make it more likely that you will get helpful replies.
The following 6 users liked this post by lesz:
Littleguy (03-12-20), Maikerusan (03-11-20), Mike728 (03-11-20), RogueXI (03-11-20), st1800 (03-11-20), TechNut (03-11-20) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-12-20, 01:44 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by lesz
When you post questions and don't get as many "helpful replies" as you would like to be getting, I think that there are a couple of reasons why that is the case.

First, when people do reply to your posts, it is very rare for you to ever take the time to thank them or to "like" their posts. To the contrary, your responses to the posts of others often have a tone that comes across as being hostile to those who have replied. That gives those who might otherwise be inclined to reply the idea that you don't find their posts helpful, which makes it less likely that they will be inclined to reply.

Also, it is very hard to follow what you are saying in your posts, and I'm sure that many people give up trying to figure out what you are saying. Occasionally using capital letters, periods, commas, properly formed sentences, correctly spelled words, etc. would make it a lot easier to figure out what you saying, and that would make it more likely that you will get helpful replies.
i try to thank people
however i don't always do a great job at that.

second of all i have a issue with spelling rammar punctuations and i have explained and don't owe anyone explination on this but i have and i don't have to answer about it either. i have a dissability and thats that.

people seem ot really be much nicer over in the 2007-2012 gen model of the ES than the 2013-2018 model part of the forum lol. i used to have a 07 and got much more respect there

never had to deal with grammar nazzis or antying like that over there.
maybe if people gave more help and didnt make coments about my spelling and grammar and give me a hard time about that i would be able to remember to be more thankful at times.

funny how it takes a comment like i made earlier to get a reply when someone feels insulted.
I feel crappy when i get people making comments about my spelling grammar and that stuff
it should not matter

Old 03-12-20, 05:27 AM
Albo
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

The internet is a vast world where you talk to people you most likely would not even approach in reality. We are not here to discuss personal things or anything like that. Our commonality is our love for our ES350/h. I did not mean to make this personal or anything. Just pointing out that most posts I see of people with very unique ideas about their cars, they usually get some backlash. That's life. You putting blue rims and a blue top on your car will be so unique I'd bet money ud be the only one in the world with it. But so be it! It's your car and as long as it isnt illegal or dangerous to the public go ahead. You work hard for your cash and deserve to spend it how you like. You came on here to ask about if the rims would fit and I am terrible with cars and all I know I've learned from this forum. But I dont see why it would not fit as carid is meant to get these things right. But that's why I suggested you not mount tires on them before u try them on because that usually voids return policy.
Old 03-12-20, 06:02 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

i try to thank people
however i don't always do a great job at that.

second of all i have a issue with spelling rammar punctuations and i have explained and don't owe anyone explination on this but i have and i don't have to answer about it either. i have a dissability and thats that.

people seem ot really be much nicer over in the 2007-2012 gen model of the ES than the 2013-2018 model part of the forum lol. i used to have a 07 and got much more respect there

never had to deal with grammar nazzis or antying like that over there.
maybe if people gave more help and didnt make coments about my spelling and grammar and give me a hard time about that i would be able to remember to be more thankful at times.

funny how it takes a comment like i made earlier to get a reply when someone feels insulted.
I feel crappy when i get people making comments about my spelling grammar and that stuff
it should not matter
Normally, I would not feel comfortable making a post like the one that I made above, but, in your second post in this thread, you accused the people who post here of not wanting to be helpful, and I felt that your comment merited a response. I certainly don't know your personal situation, and, if I overstepped, I apologize. I will point out, however, that, when you reply by using a term like "grammar *****", you don't help make your case because many would consider being accused of anything with the word **** in its title to be quite offensive and inappropriate.

As far as the Generation 6 ES board is concerned, I've found this forum to be one that is frequented by people who especially want to try to be helpful and who go out of their way to be cordial and polite. The reality, however, is that the vast majority of those who do post here are people who want to keep their cars the way that they came from the factory, and most here don't want to make mods to their cars. Thus, must people here will go out of their way to help people who have questions about the features of their cars or how various systems in the car work, but most of us have little or no knowledge about making modifications to their cars. So, when you don't get replies to questions about modifications that you want to make to your car, it isn't because people don't want to be helpful. Instead, it is because we don't have the knowledge needed to be able to answer those questions, and insulting people here is not going to give them the knowledge that they would need to be able to answer your questions.

At this point, I'm moving on. Good luck with what you want to do with your car.
The following users liked this post:
Albo (03-12-20)
Old 03-12-20, 08:51 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Normally, I would not feel comfortable making a post like the one that I made above, but, in your second post in this thread, you accused the people who post here of not wanting to be helpful, and I felt that your comment merited a response. I certainly don't know your personal situation, and, if I overstepped, I apologize. I will point out, however, that, when you reply by using a term like "grammar *****", you don't help make your case because many would consider being accused of anything with the word **** in its title to be quite offensive and inappropriate.

As far as the Generation 6 ES board is concerned, I've found this forum to be one that is frequented by people who especially want to try to be helpful and who go out of their way to be cordial and polite. The reality, however, is that the vast majority of those who do post here are people who want to keep their cars the way that they came from the factory, and most here don't want to make mods to their cars. Thus, must people here will go out of their way to help people who have questions about the features of their cars or how various systems in the car work, but most of us have little or no knowledge about making modifications to their cars. So, when you don't get replies to questions about modifications that you want to make to your car, it isn't because people don't want to be helpful. Instead, it is because we don't have the knowledge needed to be able to answer those questions, and insulting people here is not going to give them the knowledge that they would need to be able to answer your questions.

At this point, I'm moving on. Good luck with what you want to do with your car.
i say it all the time and if you got nothing nice to say or want to put someone down for how they spell right grammar punctuation then its ok to stay out of my thread i guess thatmeans lot of people want to do that and thats fine
but there was no reasons for you to come in here and feel like you needed to say what you needed to say its like sturing up ****
yes i may have said that on one of my posts in here its only because every time i ever posted in here no one was helpful at all i keep hoping things will change
i have had a few people be helpful at times
but i have had way more people in other sections of the forum be so nice and not have this drama of lets ignor this post

to anyone else who i have not thanked for your help when you have helped i am sorry i slacked on that.
id like to make sure you understand this is menat for the people who have helped.

now so many people on the internet feels its ok to be big bullys and put people down because they have trouble spelling and with writing like the person i am replying to right nwo thats ok you want to put someone down for there spelling go right ahead and do it. it just shows how you are as a person if you do that behind a computer screen wonder if you do that in real life in person
Old 03-12-20, 10:42 AM
Littleguy
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

You seem very young. I will tell you that the only way people can judge you on these forums is your spelling/grammar, your taste, your knowledge, and your attitude.
Old 03-12-20, 01:57 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by Littleguy
You seem very young. I will tell you that the only way people can judge you on these forums is your spelling/grammar, your taste, your knowledge, and your attitude.

yeah but the thing is people shouldn’t judge people but that’s what we do here in the US and other parts of the world I’m assuming probably do it also there’s people all over the world that are on the forum but still judging people is wrong
And the one thing that absolutely pisses me off is when people are pathetic enough to judge people on their grammar punctuation and spelling because no one knows what is the reason why people have poor spelling grammar and punctuation is it because they’re lazy OK so am I can see that is it because they don’t take the time to learn and the one thing that absolutely pisses me off is when people are pathetic enough to judge people on their grammar punctuation and spelling because no one knows what is the reason why people have poor spelling grammar punctuation is it because they’re lazy OK so Mike can see that is it because they don’t take the time to learn and understand English perhaps maybe I can understand that at times still don’t judge them for but what makes people pathetic Is when those people who judge people for this or judging people that they don’t know how to disable the learning disabled have issues and learning this sort of stuff
Old 03-13-20, 06:07 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

yeah but the thing is people shouldn’t judge people but that’s what we do here in the US and other parts of the world I’m assuming probably do it also there’s people all over the world that are on the forum but still judging people is wrong
And the one thing that absolutely pisses me off is when people are pathetic enough to judge people on their grammar punctuation and spelling because no one knows what is the reason why people have poor spelling grammar and punctuation is it because they’re lazy OK so am I can see that is it because they don’t take the time to learn and the one thing that absolutely pisses me off is when people are pathetic enough to judge people on their grammar punctuation and spelling because no one knows what is the reason why people have poor spelling grammar punctuation is it because they’re lazy OK so Mike can see that is it because they don’t take the time to learn and understand English perhaps maybe I can understand that at times still don’t judge them for but what makes people pathetic Is when those people who judge people for this or judging people that they don’t know how to disable the learning disabled have issues and learning this sort of stuff
Your replies in this thread show just how much you are missing the point.

When I made my first post in this thread, that post had nothing to do with being an "internet bully" or being a "grammar ****". Instead, the post was intended to help you to understand why you may not be getting as many helpful replies to your posts as you would like to be getting.

You may well have some form of disability that makes it difficult for you to use correct spelling, capital letters, punctuation, etc. If that is the case, that is unfortunate, but, if people have difficulty understanding what you are saying, regardless of whether they would like to be helpful, they are not going to be able to give you a helpful reply, and that has nothing to do with being a "bully" or a "grammar ****".

If you reply to people with a hostile tone, as you have done repeatedly in this thread, people are going to be inclined not to reply to your posts, and the same thing will be true if you never thank people for their help.

Thus, your posts in just this thread are proving that what I tried to explain is a valid assessment of the situation. And continuing to attack others is not going to make the situation any better.
Old 03-13-20, 09:13 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Your replies in this thread show just how much you are missing the point.

When I made my first post in this thread, that post had nothing to do with being an "internet bully" or being a "grammar ****". Instead, the post was intended to help you to understand why you may not be getting as many helpful replies to your posts as you would like to be getting.

You may well have some form of disability that makes it difficult for you to use correct spelling, capital letters, punctuation, etc. If that is the case, that is unfortunate, but, if people have difficulty understanding what you are saying, regardless of whether they would like to be helpful, they are not going to be able to give you a helpful reply, and that has nothing to do with being a "bully" or a "grammar ****".

If you reply to people with a hostile tone, as you have done repeatedly in this thread, people are going to be inclined not to reply to your posts, and the same thing will be true if you never thank people for their help.

Thus, your posts in just this thread are proving that what I tried to explain is a valid assessment of the situation. And continuing to attack others is not going to make the situation any better.
something else i will say is most of my posts not all of them but most of them i have said thank you in advance at the end of what im asking because i know i don't always thank eveyrone when answers are giving so don't go saying maybe if you thanked people it would change.

also i though you said you where done with this lol but your replying again because you can't handle not having the last word on it or osmething i don't know but if you are going to be done on this then be done

Thank you!!!!!!