ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Lexus Services 3G disconued end of the year in 2022

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-20, 11:41 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
This reminds me of when GM announced the demise of the gen1 OnStar, that was analog. They did, however, offer a free upgrade if you kept the subscription active since new.
yup exactly i remember this from my Aurora back in the day
i am pissed that Lexus has said they wont be doing anything to upgrade this like seriously
i can see that in 2 years form now when this is not available anymore then they will want to take 1000 or 2000 of the value of the vehicle and say its because of obsolete software and hardware that wont be active anymore
The following users liked this post:
DavoLBC (09-25-20)
Old 06-26-20, 09:57 AM
Eslader
Driver

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
yup exactly i remember this from my Aurora back in the day
It's a little more complex than that. The pure analog Onstar cars were not upgraded because it wasn't technically possible. But GM did something smart that Lexus did not (I can't believe I just typed that). Once they saw that digital was coming (which meant that analog would inevitably killed off), they started installing analog/digital-ready Onstar modules. Those cars could be, and were, upgraded. And once digital networks were widespread enough they stopped installing the digital-ready modules and, for awhile installed dual analog/digital modem modules, and then later just installed digital modules.

If Lexus had been smart, they'd have installed an upgrade-ready module... Well actually they'd have just installed LTE modems in the cars long before 2019. I mean, it's been available in the US since 2011. No excuse for that.

The following 2 users liked this post by Eslader:
DavoLBC (09-25-20), jollick (06-26-20)
Old 06-26-20, 07:24 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by Eslader
It's a little more complex than that. The pure analog Onstar cars were not upgraded because it wasn't technically possible. But GM did something smart that Lexus did not (I can't believe I just typed that). Once they saw that digital was coming (which meant that analog would inevitably killed off), they started installing analog/digital-ready Onstar modules. Those cars could be, and were, upgraded. And once digital networks were widespread enough they stopped installing the digital-ready modules and, for awhile installed dual analog/digital modem modules, and then later just installed digital modules.

If Lexus had been smart, they'd have installed an upgrade-ready module... Well actually they'd have just installed LTE modems in the cars long before 2019. I mean, it's been available in the US since 2011. No excuse for that.

like I'm probably going to trade in when it has 150k on it and that will be about 4 or 5 months before this services is not available anymore and I know people will then start saying well this wont be available so that will be a bargaining chip for places to try and get even less on the purchase price I can only hope that in the next year and ahal between now and then that maybe this covid is over and might gain a few points back on market value even with more miles wont be loosing 2k just because of buyers market type thing
i might hunt around junk yards and look for parts but what part is it that holds the receiver anyone have a part number for what I could look for out of a scrapped 2018 ES300h maybe if I can find something cheap enough it would be something to try like what part would I want to look for just the ceullaur receiver and what part would it be I know Lexus might argue and say it cant work but maybe I could be the one to try and see if it is possible since I don't have much else to do right now being disabled and no work during covid19
DavoLBC (09-25-20)
Old 09-11-20, 01:41 PM
jollick
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 155 Posts

I emailed Lexus today through their website after getting an email notice from them. Lexus Enform Services | 3G Wireless Services Update

Good afternoon, I received an email for each of my ES vehicles. I have a 2013 ES300h UL, and 2015 ES350 UL. I ask that you push my request up to the top executives at Toyota for an update/upgrade path to the 3G components to 4G or 5G. I would be willing to pay for this update and I believe there are many more that would also be willing to pay for it. Please consider my request.

You may want to do the same. https://www.lexus.com/contact

It could not hurt to try even though it is a longshot.

Old 09-11-20, 03:11 PM
StevenTodd
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I got notified today by e-mail from Lexus about the termination of the Enform service on 1 October 2022. I will start looking around to trade off my 2016 ES 350 since the Safety Connect feature and roadside assistance are critical for me. I definitely will not buy another Lexus. It is inexcusable that Lexus waited this long. My brother owns a 2016 Camaro and GM started converting to 4g on their cars in 2015.

Last edited by StevenTodd; 01-13-21 at 04:19 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by StevenTodd:
1rubyd (01-13-21), DavoLBC (09-25-20)
Old 09-11-20, 06:06 PM
wvufanmg
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Since these features were all advertised on the window tags etc. is there any option for a class action lawsuit for false advertising? I’m sure many of us considered these safety and convenience features when purchasing these vehicles.
The following 4 users liked this post by wvufanmg:
1rubyd (01-13-21), DavoLBC (09-25-20), jollick (09-13-20), teezee1000 (09-12-20)
Old 09-12-20, 10:05 AM
Lexuss07
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

So I get an email on Monday from Lexus Enform last Monday (see below): If they are discontinuing this in 2022 why are they pushing this service that had a crappy remote start to begin with.? Obviously, I am not pursuing this, but when I had this free for the first 2 years, the remote start never worked right. This is really bad business practice on Toyota's part, and I hope someone from Toyota Corp is reading this and not ignoring it and being up front about this.
, we see that the advanced safety features of your vehicle are not currently activated. Lexus Enform Safety Connect1 services are able to help local emergency services automatically locate you in the event that your vehicle’s airbags deploy or locate your vehicle should it be stolen. Also, a 24-hour response center agent is available to assist should you run out of gas, have a flat tire or some other urgent situation where help is required. For the low price of $8 per month, Lexus Enform Safety Connect offers you peace of mind at an affordable price2. If you intend to reactivate services, the Data Communication Module (DCM) in your vehicle is equipped with software that may require an update at this time. In order to maintain full functionality of your Lexus Enform services, please contact your Lexus dealer to make an appointment to have the software update performed free of charge to you.
The following 2 users liked this post by Lexuss07:
DavoLBC (09-25-20), st1800 (09-12-20)
Old 09-12-20, 04:53 PM
st1800
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Well, the whole issue is "horse S:+". They can do whatever they like, apparently, and cars are disposable now. Give us mega $$ for a new car and it won't be long before we forget about you.....Some time after its gone, someone will have a catastrophe, thinking they have the service still in place. Likely 5% of owners read their mail, or browse these forums, the other 95% are in the dark.
Old 09-13-20, 10:21 PM
KuroYuki
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

So is Lexus going to Recall and update the hardware for us?? lol How does it work when we buy it says REMOTE START but it actually need to pay Monthly and stuff....smh-_-
Old 09-14-20, 08:15 AM
st1800
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by KuroYuki
So is Lexus going to Recall and update the hardware for us?? -_-
Apparently not.
Old 09-15-20, 04:27 AM
jollick
Racer

Here is the response I got yesterday from Lexus.

Thank you for contacting Lexus. We appreciate you being a loyal Lexus owner!
We regret to learn of your concerns with losing your Enform Services for both of your Lexus vehicles. We understand that this information is very disconcerting for all of our valued guests that are being impacted by the loss of Enform services.

Your feedback is important to Lexus and we appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts. It is through communication, such as yours, that we become aware of the expectations of our guests. It also provides us with invaluable insight as we plan and develop future products and services to increase the satisfaction of our guests.

We want to be sure that all of our guests review the information in our FAQ section at www.lexus.com under the topic "3G Wireless Services Update". To be clear, at this time there are no announced plans to offer any updates or upgrades to restore the service.

Please keep in mind that all of the communications we have with our guests are available for review at our National Headquarters up to, and including, the executive levels. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Bo S.
Lexus Guest Experience Center
Old 09-15-20, 05:32 AM
StevenTodd
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jollick
Here is the response I got yesterday from Lexus.

Thank you for contacting Lexus. We appreciate you being a loyal Lexus owner!
We regret to learn of your concerns with losing your Enform Services for both of your Lexus vehicles. We understand that this information is very disconcerting for all of our valued guests that are being impacted by the loss of Enform services.

Your feedback is important to Lexus and we appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts. It is through communication, such as yours, that we become aware of the expectations of our guests. It also provides us with invaluable insight as we plan and develop future products and services to increase the satisfaction of our guests.

We want to be sure that all of our guests review the information in our FAQ section at www.lexus.com under the topic "3G Wireless Services Update". To be clear, at this time there are no announced plans to offer any updates or upgrades to restore the service.

Please keep in mind that all of the communications we have with our guests are available for review at our National Headquarters up to, and including, the executive levels. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Bo S.
Lexus Guest Experience Center
I also sent an e-mail to Lexus and got the same canned response. I told them to take their cars and stick it. I am 75 years old with a medical condition and safety connect and roadside assistance is critical for me. With the 2021 models coming out I am currently looking and comparing various brands. I will be trading off my 2016 ES350 next Spring. I will never buy another Lexus or Toyota car. Would appreciate any suggestions on which cars I should consider.
Old 09-15-20, 10:18 AM
Lexuss07
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Check out Genesis G80. FREE Three years of complementary remote start, vehicle assistance, AND scheduled maintenance. If I planned not to keep my 2017 ES350 that is the vehicle I would first look at. Shame on Lexus for not making adjustments on their 3G service.is right.
Old 09-15-20, 09:29 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by wvufanmg
Since these features were all advertised on the window tags etc. is there any option for a class action lawsuit for false advertising? I’m sure many of us considered these safety and convenience features when purchasing these vehicles.
depends on what the door tag said like they will blame it on the wireless service provider and not themself so that's where they will screw ya over on a class action
perhaps there is a option maybe got to find some lawyers and ask them about this
DavoLBC (09-26-20)
Old 09-16-20, 05:05 AM
jollick
Racer

Originally Posted by StevenTodd
I also sent an e-mail to Lexus and got the same canned response. I told them to take their cars and stick it. I am 75 years old with a medical condition and safety connect and roadside assistance is critical for me. With the 2021 models coming out I am currently looking and comparing various brands. I will be trading off my 2016 ES350 next Spring. I will never buy another Lexus or Toyota car. Would appreciate any suggestions on which cars I should consider.
I feel your pain. I am about to trade in my 2013 ES300h and 2015 ES350 on a 2020 RX450h. We will become a one car household.I feel the safety connect and roadside assistance are are critical especially for us older folks. Other car makers are also affected, ones with OnStar, see this article. https://stopthecap.com/2019/03/19/ve...g-end-of-2019/

Last edited by jollick; 09-17-20 at 09:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Lexus Services 3G disconued end of the year in 2022