ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-20, 08:40 AM
OBLexus
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesSund6
yes, it is plug n play, no soldering, no welding, just plug&play, yes, seperate mic and wire in as well.
behind the radio head unit there's space for your car model.
2017 ES350 works perfectly fine.
we've already sold several to customers from Austrailia.
Thank you for your response. So where would the cable run from your head unit to make it all the way up to the ceiling? I thought your unit would connect to the built-in microphone of the car - at least that would be my understanding of plug & play.
Old 07-21-20, 08:49 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,017 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexNY
i'm genuinely interested in the product, but:

how can it be 1920 x 1080 if the screen is not 16:9 ratio?
the 10.25" screen looks to be closer to 21:9 ratio to me. Meaning 1920 x 1080 would have black borders on both sides on the Lexion screen. same with 4K (2160P), its a 16:9 ratio resolution.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think the screen is either 1920x720 or 1080x480, considering the dimensions of the screen.
Everything that you are saying makes sense. With the wider than 16:9 aspect ration, the only way that the screen resolution could be 1920 x 1080 would be if the entire width of the screen was not being used and if it had black bars on each side
Old 07-21-20, 09:13 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,310 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
I have a similar concern.

A couple of days ago, I posted on this thread to point out that, for the Generation 6 ES, the location of the display screen is such that it is too far from the driver to be able to be conveniently or safely used as a touch screen. My post was deleted (as I expect this one may be deleted).

It seems to me that, if a member has a legitimate point to make regarding a product being promoted here, there should not be the opportunity for the vendor or anyone else to delete that post.
Originally Posted by lesz
Well, someone deleted it. My post was up for a short period of time. Then, it disappeared, and there was nothing in that short post that violated any forum rules.
i have reviewed every one of your posts since July 1 and you have not had any posts deleted in this thread or otherwise during that time period. Also vendors cannot delete member posts.

Originally Posted by bc6152
I would bet that your post was removed by an administrator under "interfering with a forum vendor posting an item for sale" or something close to that... When your post is deleted by the administrator there is no explanation given it just disappears. And check your profile as you might have a black mark there now...
​​​​​not quite sure what you are talking about or referring to, but if there is some issue or past concern you want to discuss pm me please. We do enforce our posted forum rules and sometimes issue infractions for things like personal attacks and non-approved vendor solicitations, but asking questions about a new product certainly isn’t an issue.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 07-21-20 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-21-20, 01:31 PM
Kijug
Intermediate

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts
Smile Need videos and/or install manual with details

Hi JamesSund6!

Looks like several folks are very interested in your product. However, without a detailed installation manual and/or pictures, I think most of us are concerned about what it takes to install. I read above a separate mic. Where does that go? Does that stick out of the dash? You mention the steering wheel controls work...just like the factory controls? Volume? Next song? Answer phone? Siri?

If you could post a video 1) of the installation, 2) a video of pushing all the buttons on the steering wheel and turning on/off Apple CarPlay and back to factory.

I have a 128 GB USB thumb drive with lots of music at a high bit rate. That sounds better than Apple CarPlay bluetooth transfer. So I know I'd be going back and forth--how easy is that? Can I listen to factory USB music and watch Apple CarPlay? Or do they cancel each other out?

We're just all looking for more details.
Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
Lexion Automotive (07-22-20)
Old 07-21-20, 10:28 PM
OBLexus
Driver

@Kijug They actually have a pretty extensive video online here:

What I find confusing / worrying in that video is that they seemingly have two phones connected at the same time, additional wiring is visible and it seems they have an additional box at the top of the windscreen, plus an external mike connected.
It could be that they have other stuff installed in that car.
The Interface they are demoing actually looks really good, so if they could provide clarity on the external mike issue and the other wire connections, I would totally go for this!
Old 07-22-20, 02:00 AM
Lexion Automotive
Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexNY
i'm genuinely interested in the product, but:

how can it be 1920 x 1080 if the screen is not 16:9 ratio?
the 10.25" screen looks to be closer to 21:9 ratio to me. Meaning 1920 x 1080 would have black borders on both sides on the Lexion screen. same with 4K (2160P), its a 16:9 ratio resolution.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think the screen is either 1920x720 or 1080x480, considering the dimensions of the screen.
hello, we will upload a whole demonstration videos to better answer your questions in every possible aspect,
don't worry, we are working on it it soon to be uploaded on our youtube channel.

have a nice day.
Old 07-22-20, 02:03 AM
Lexion Automotive
Sponsor

Originally Posted by OBLexus
@Kijug They actually have a pretty extensive video online here: https://youtu.be/E_EdJQZ-pmY

What I find confusing / worrying in that video is that they seemingly have two phones connected at the same time, additional wiring is visible and it seems they have an additional box at the top of the windscreen, plus an external mike connected.
It could be that they have other stuff installed in that car.
The Interface they are demoing actually looks really good, so if they could provide clarity on the external mike issue and the other wire connections, I would totally go for this!
hello,
there is no additional box, and only iphone is connected, the tech man connected andriod phone too only for demonstration purpose,
but when you actually use carplay with our product, you only need 1 iphone, either wired or wireless.

there is nothing else installed in that car,
video interface and display (LXS) thats it.
we will upload a bunch of videos pretty soon on our youtube chnnel, hope it will answer your question.

Last edited by Lexion Automotive; 07-22-20 at 02:25 AM.
Old 07-22-20, 02:21 AM
Lexion Automotive
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kijug
Hi JamesSund6!

Looks like several folks are very interested in your product. However, without a detailed installation manual and/or pictures, I think most of us are concerned about what it takes to install. I read above a separate mic. Where does that go? Does that stick out of the dash? You mention the steering wheel controls work...just like the factory controls? Volume? Next song? Answer phone? Siri?

If you could post a video 1) of the installation, 2) a video of pushing all the buttons on the steering wheel and turning on/off Apple CarPlay and back to factory.

I have a 128 GB USB thumb drive with lots of music at a high bit rate. That sounds better than Apple CarPlay bluetooth transfer. So I know I'd be going back and forth--how easy is that? Can I listen to factory USB music and watch Apple CarPlay? Or do they cancel each other out?

We're just all looking for more details.
Thanks!
yes, as you said.
you can manipulate buttons on steering wheel to control everything from Siri, volume next song to answer phone etc etc,,

installation is actually very simple, it's plug n play, no soldering no welding none.
we are going to upload a whole bunch of videos to better answer your questions no worry.

bro by the way, YES you can switch between carplay and factory listening to factory music,
but one downside is, while you listen to factory music with USB drive, navigation sound won't be available.
the reason is, you can choose one audio source at a time(not simultaenously), Lexion uses AUX and if you choose USB audio source, you can listen to factory usb music, but not navigation audio, hope it makes sense.

have a good day.
Old 07-22-20, 05:35 AM
OBLexus
Driver

@JamesSund6 Can you comment regarding the external microphone? Is it needed and how would the cable run to place it at the ceiling, near the lights?
Old 07-22-20, 09:06 PM
Lexion Automotive
Sponsor

@JamesSund6 Can you comment regarding the external microphone? Is it needed and how would the cable run to place it at the ceiling, near the lights?
I've uploaded basic installation guide, please check the image.
it explains all for your questions.
Old 07-22-20, 09:07 PM
Lexion Automotive
Sponsor

please check the installation image.
Old 07-23-20, 02:51 AM
OBLexus
Driver

Originally Posted by JamesSund6
please check the installation image.
Thank you I found it now. I see that there is an external mike, so the cable has to be run all the way around and along the ceiling to the middle.
Lexion Automotive (07-23-20)
Old 07-23-20, 05:33 AM
Lexion Automotive
Sponsor

Thank you I found it now. I see that there is an external mike, so the cable has to be run all the way around and along the ceiling to the middle.
you are right. we will upload videos pretty soon, hang tight mr. OBLexus.
thanks.
Old 07-23-20, 06:12 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

anything like this available for a 1999 LS400 w/navigation??
Old 07-23-20, 06:29 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,310 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Originally Posted by Stereorob
anything like this available for a 1999 LS400 w/navigation??
(Even if it could) I’m pretty sure the resolution would not support it on gen 1 and gen 2 nav

Quick Reply: Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models