ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Driver side mirror - can i fix it? What parts do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-20, 09:18 PM
ljfhouston
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver side mirror - can i fix it? What parts do I need?

Hi
Have had a 2014 ES350 for the last 2 years. Best car i've ever owned - Love it.
Today on the highway someone ran over a 2x4, which jumped up and hit my driver side mirror. Scuffed the back of the mirror a little, but it popped the mirror out. There were two little plastic pieces on the white part, that fit into the mirror assembly, and were used to adjust the pan/tilt of the mirror. When i tried popping it back in, one of them broke off. I'm trying to glue it together, but doubt it will work.
Note the one piece that broke off. I'm trying to superglue it together, but I doubt it will work

My question - is it possible to get the plastic piece that broke? Or are there any directions on how this fits together? There were 4 plastic clips that held the white piece to the actual mirror, and i popped those off so i could try to figure out how to get the two white parts to fit together. Still confused.

I'm looking into ordering another mirror, but while i know i have the puddle light, heated mirrors, blind spot monitoring, and mirror memory, i don't know if i have auto dimming. Any way to tell?
Since the mirrors I'm finding online are like $200+ for aftermarket, and still need to be painted, is there any way to just get the components that are broken, so I can swap them out without having to take the door panel off, and replace the ENTIRE mirror (housing and all)?

Open to ideas here; just need to get it fixed
Old 08-29-20, 03:39 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,286 Likes on 896 Posts

I would go online and look for a salvage yard mirror and replace the whole mirror. I just went thru this with my Corvette. I was fortunate to find the same color driver's side mirror at a junk yard for $100,00. I also know that repair of the inside components is very difficult so went with the replacement mirror. GOOD LUCK.
Old 08-29-20, 12:25 PM
kxaz145
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A agree with BC6152, try to fine a used assembly. I had a traffic barrel jump out and take out my passenger side mirror one time. It was on an Infinity, but the mirror was remote controlled, too. Everything had to come back out in layers since my outside 'shell' was the broken component. That cost over $100 and after swapping it out I had to pay another $125 ro get the shell painted. And this was 15 years ago.....