ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

2020 ES Navigation vs non navigation ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-20, 08:31 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts
Default 2020 ES Navigation vs non navigation ?

Hi so im looking at a 2020 Lexus ES brand new
can get with incentives costco discount all i can pick up a brand new 2020 without navigation for 39800 plus taxes and registration
or for 2800 more i can get the one with navigation and updated to the 18 inch wheels i don't really care about the wheel size
but I'm wondering with apple care play
whats the point of navigation ? like i know in 2016 model about how navigation was one way to make sure you had access to some options to change or how it was a disc sd card for maps
and the new navigation is just updated via satellite ? like i do some driving in areas like montanta and Whyoming and travel along areas that don't get reception so maybe the nav for that but then some will argue and say just get a 99 dollar garman nav unit and not worry about anything.

so I'm wondering does getting the navigation add any options other than navigation stuff like would that means without nav i wouldn't be able to update some things and change some settings without going to the dealership for them to change settings like how it used to be in the older non nav vehicles
or what ?

im looking at the Blue Color that looks absolutely beautiful or a carviar black color one
Old 11-02-20, 08:56 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

I believe the nav also adds a larger display screen. Also, although I am not certain of this, I thought the nav updates occurred via your mobile phone data plan rather than satellite updates. I don't know if that matters, but I thought it was worth mentioning. For resale purposes, I would normally recommend the nav because it makes it easier to sell when you are ready to move on, however with the high mileage that you drive annually, I'm not sure it is as much of a consideration. Your resale will be influenced by the high mileage and I'm not sure the availability of nav will be that much of a benefit. In your case, if it isn't something you are likely to use in the car I would purchase the one without it. I doubt any of the other benefits are going to be worth the $2800.

Regarding the wheel comment, I think the 18" wheels look better but in all honesty, the 17" rims will have a slightly smoother ride as the tires will have a slightly taller sidewall. I seem to recall you are doing some rideshare service, and if that is the case, your passengers might actually favor the smoother ride. Test drive both and decide if the minor ride difference matters to you. Again, if you don't care about the difference in appearance, there isn't much value to you.
The following users liked this post:
NoGo3 (11-04-20)
Old 11-02-20, 10:00 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,300 Likes on 905 Posts

And you can probably get a better deal by negotiating yourself rather than Costco (I did) as Costco gets a payday for everyone they send to a dealer that buys a car... Same as Truecar...
Guess who pays the Costco fee??...

As far as buying navigation, if you don't use it and put a load of miles on your car, as Doug says, it won't matter much at trade-in time. Just use a $99.00 Garmin...
The following users liked this post:
NoGo3 (11-04-20)
Old 11-02-20, 12:59 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

shoot just realized i put this in the wrong generation of the forum lol sorry guys don't hate me
Old 11-02-20, 01:07 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by bc6152
And you can probably get a better deal by negotiating yourself rather than Costco (I did) as Costco gets a payday for everyone they send to a dealer that buys a car... Same as Truecar...
Guess who pays the Costco fee??...

As far as buying navigation, if you don't use it and put a load of miles on your car, as Doug says, it won't matter much at trade-in time. Just use a $99.00 Garmin...
i have talked and talked to a few dealership the best price i was able to negotiate was the costco price no one else is negotiating anything better which sucks.
best price is as able to get was 39,350 plus taxes fees reg and that for the 2020

I also went to check out the 2021 ES250 for the AWD the other day at the local dealership and i couldn't even get them to budge on either the 300h or the 250 AWD first thing the dumb *** sales man said to me was we arent negotiating then i said ok well I'm not buying
like i offered them straight up no hesitation 44k for the 2021 ES250 AWD that they had with a Windo price of 47,600 and they keep screwing around with the offer and other stuff and fees and didn't listen to me at all so i walked
I told them they are local it will be a little easier then spending a night or two out of town trying to close a deal and wait for my Credit union to send them the funds from out of state and just rather do it here so that's the only reason i was offering them 1850 more than the price i negotiated for the same car out of Denver which is 8 hours away from here but its also on the way during my road trip i leave for tomorrow.

honestly
What do you think i could get this one for ?
this is what I'm wanting and thinking about but I'm still on the edge like I'm thinking maybe holding off until January 2021 to buy and maybe even getting a better deal since its going to be 2 years old by then
so I'm not sure.
https://www.hendricklexuskansascityn...caa8d9081d.htm