ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

2015 ES350 Engine Performance Mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-21, 06:22 AM
imelmo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 ES350 Engine Performance Mods

Hello. I have a 2015 ES350 and was wondering if there were any engine performance mods available for these cars. Would like to get a little more pep out of it. Are there any tuners available, intakes, exhaust, turbo kits

Thanks for any help.
Old 03-14-21, 10:20 PM
tronimrich
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Yea young homie, this isn't the car to be ricing out. Chances are you're still under factory warranty, to boot. Go grab a 2015 civic if you want to play those games

Zoomers out here trying to put turbos on a 2015 ES.. smgdh you up past your bedtime?

Last edited by tronimrich; 03-14-21 at 10:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
oreguyd (03-17-21)
Old 03-15-21, 03:46 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by imelmo
Hello. I have a 2015 ES350 and was wondering if there were any engine performance mods available for these cars. Would like to get a little more pep out of it. Are there any tuners available, intakes, exhaust, turbo kits

Thanks for any help.
There are several tuning optioms available, D3 should be one of them (may have to use a Camry tune but worth a call to them). I wouldn't expect too much on an NA engine but with some tweaks to torque management and throttle adjustments, it should feel a bit better.

It's possible an aftermarket air intake can flow a bit more air but I wouldn't expect to actually feel anything. It will mainly be a noise generator. Same thing with exhaust mods. I wouldn't mess with FI. If anything there would be a supercharger option over a turbo but not a good idea on a FWD car since you would never be able to put the power down.

Check out the Camry or Avalon forums to see what they are doing, there is likely more discussion on performance although I haven't searched the CL forums for that topic.
DMead76 (05-08-22)
Old 03-15-21, 04:51 AM
rmak
Intermediate

Received 138 Likes on 102 Posts

I will comment just out of boredom. If you mod this car, your resale just took a major hit. 99% of potential buyers will walk as soon as they see a mod. I have been restoring cars and hot rodding for years, but I bought this car for the exact opposite. I want comfort and dependability for my DD. I have done cosmetic mods (spoiler, wheels, tint), and have maintained it in top running condition, but I know that any performance mod comes with drawbacks.

If you do not care about any of that, then mod away. I would trade it on a RWD GS350, IS350 or RC350 before modding the geezer line of Lexus. Yes, I consider myself just that.
The following 2 users liked this post by rmak:
DMead76 (05-08-22), oreguyd (03-17-21)
Old 03-15-21, 11:39 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by rmak
I will comment just out of boredom. If you mod this car, your resale just took a major hit. 99% of potential buyers will walk as soon as they see a mod. I have been restoring cars and hot rodding for years, but I bought this car for the exact opposite. I want comfort and dependability for my DD. I have done cosmetic mods (spoiler, wheels, tint), and have maintained it in top running condition, but I know that any performance mod comes with drawbacks.

If you do not care about any of that, then mod away. I would trade it on a RWD GS350, IS350 or RC350 before modding the geezer line of Lexus. Yes, I consider myself just that.
A tune would offer the greatest benefit and not be detectable or is fully reversible before a sale.
rmak (03-15-21)
Old 03-15-21, 02:44 PM
Littleguy
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Please buy this and tell me if it fits

HKS Supercharger Kit – 2GR-FE – Centrifugal (Rotrex) – Does NOT fit 2GR-FSE or 2GR-FKS | Monkeywrench Racing
Old 03-15-21, 04:01 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,354 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by imelmo

Thanks for any help.
I will tell you this.

Performance was not really on Lexus's mind when they built the ES350. So it is very, very restrictive in both the Intake and Exhaust. Get those opened up some and you will see rewards. I know because I did and was very happy with the result still being quite still but pulling RPM's fast, making more power, and even better fuel economy.

Last edited by jgscott; 03-15-21 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-15-21, 04:18 PM
rmak
Intermediate

Received 138 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by BMGS
A tune would offer the greatest benefit and not be detectable or is fully reversible before a sale.

Excellent point. Actually I was not aware that the Lexus ES350 could be tuned as many Toyota products are non tunable
Old 03-15-21, 09:46 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,354 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by BMGS
There are several tuning optioms available, D3 should be one of them (may have to use a Camry tune but worth a call to them). I wouldn't expect too much on an NA engine but with some tweaks to torque management and throttle adjustments, it should feel a bit better.

It's possible an aftermarket air intake can flow a bit more air but I wouldn't expect to actually feel anything. It will mainly be a noise generator. Same thing with exhaust mods. I wouldn't mess with FI. If anything there would be a supercharger option over a turbo but not a good idea on a FWD car since you would never be able to put the power down.

Check out the Camry or Avalon forums to see what they are doing, there is likely more discussion on performance although I haven't searched the CL forums for that topic.
Who has Dyno'd a Tune that they sell you can buy for the 6th Gen ES350?

With correct Intake and Exhaust on the 6th Gen ES you will definitely feel more.

Last edited by jgscott; 03-16-21 at 06:14 AM.
Old 05-23-21, 05:58 PM
abmoose
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jgscott
I will tell you this.

Performance was not really on Lexus's mind when they built the ES350. So it is very, very restrictive in both the Intake and Exhaust. Get those opened up some and you will see rewards. I know because I did and was very happy with the result still being quite still but pulling RPM's fast, making more power, and even better fuel economy.
What parts did you use for intake and exhaust?
Old 05-23-21, 06:30 PM
cielosf
5th Gear

Look at the idrive usa throttle controller. It will eliminate the throttle delay from drive by wire systems. Has 9 settings plus an auto setting. I have it on my 2018 ES 350 and lit the front tires up on the number 4 setting. I'm now using the auto setting which learns your driving habits. You won't find any engine modification in this price range that will wake up this car the way this device does. Try googeling Ultimate9 USA EVC throttle controller for Lexus ES 350 2012 and up.
DMead76 (07-19-21)
Old 05-23-21, 06:41 PM
abmoose
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cielosf
Look at the idrive usa throttle controller. It will eliminate the throttle delay from drive by wire systems. Has 9 settings plus an auto setting. I have it on my 2018 ES 350 and lit the front tires up on the number 4 setting. I'm now using the auto setting which learns your driving habits. You won't find any engine modification in this price range that will wake up this car the way this device does. Try googeling Ultimate9 USA EVC throttle controller for Lexus ES 350 2012 and up.

​​​​​​Are you talking about this? https://ultimate9usa.com/collections...0-2012-onwards

My 2013 ES has eco, normal and sport modes. Those do make a noticeable difference on throttle response, what would this do differently?
Old 05-24-21, 04:33 AM
cielosf
5th Gear

Default Idrive usa

[QUOTE=abmoose;11057216]​​​​​​Are you talking about this? https://ultimate9usa.com/collections...0-2012-onwards

My 2013 ES has eco, normal and sport modes. Those do make a noticeable difference on throttle response, what would this do differently?[/QUOTE

That’s it. Works off the gas pedal connector. It can’t compare to the sport mode this is way more responsive.