ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Window tint, Wheel Upgrade, Leather reconditioning etc.. suggestions please

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-21, 04:13 PM
TNLex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window tint, Wheel Upgrade, Leather reconditioning etc.. suggestions please

Hello guys,

I have a black ES 350 2014 and was wondering if these upgrades would make any sense or would look tacky or add value.

1) Window tint: I have nothing on this car. Wondering if the legal 35% is going to make it look better. Here in TN a lot of people drive around with illegal tints, but I am not interested in that.
The front windshield would need to be 80%.
I guess 35% still provides some privacy and may look better than without. Would you recommend carbon, ceramic, or NOTHING AT ALL?
What about the front windshield? is 80% worth it or just a frivolous expense?

2) The wheels I have on my car are a bit scratched up. THey are they stock wheels. What would be the most inexpensive way to get better looking wheels on this car?
Power coating what I have or painting or whatever it is done to them these days vs maybe buying the 2016 ES 350 17 inch wheels that look nice (black ones with chrome accent) and try to sell the ones I have?
Do I have to get the sensor removed from my wheels to the new ones if I do a change or the 2016 wheels' sensor would work on my car? (sorry I have no experience with this)
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

3) What are you using to recondition your leather seats? To remove dirt stuck in the air vents on the front seats?
Are you able to repair small rips on the seat that have separated just a few millimeters?

4) Are you guys using sealers to protect and make washes easier? or ceramic coating etc.. what is the best least expensive route for easy upkeep? A black car looks dirty rather quickly.

5) I have remote starter with the keyfob, but once you open the door the car shuts off. Is there a way to change this to keep it running? I understand this is a safety thing, but it would be nice to be able to keep the car running after opening the door.

6) I have downloaded the Lexus Enform app. WHat a joke. Is this seriously the only way to send addresses to your nav system? Or am I missing something?
I may need a good suggestion for a phone holder and where is the best spot for this car since I have a feeling this is all that is left and Lexus won't add support for more apps on older cars.

Thank you for reading this far, I look forward to hearing back.
So far I love the car and 110k was done at the stealership already. (I have a $200+ credit with them, so I need to think what I will spend it on)

Have a good week !!
Old 03-22-21, 05:34 PM
fodalo
Instructor

Received 333 Likes on 249 Posts

CHK out Canadian driver on You tube great video on the prices and process of redoing rims the color and finish u r looking for pwdercoated , cost is a bit but you'll be satisfied.
CarPro products are the best for the finish. Reset a wash highly concentrated, 1 cap per 4-5 Gal water creamy and super sudsy, then Reload easy on wipe dry will make ur paint pop with 3-4 months protection with nothing sticking to the finish. Your can will look and feel wet. Njoy
The rest of ur list, no help.
The following users liked this post:
TNLex (03-22-21)
Old 03-22-21, 05:43 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Tint https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...d-threads.html

Auto care and detailing forum https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...detailing-122/

Remote start link, no help there though https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...ry-keyfob.html
The following users liked this post:
TNLex (03-22-21)