Pieletk
4th Gear

Thank you both !!!

and I’m definitely gonna go spacers as well

cant wait to post some pics once it’s all done
Old 06-12-22 | 11:38 AM
Lofty1978
2nd gear

My 2018 Es350 has 93k mi on it and I'm pretty sure I'm due for struts, I was considering a coil over set up like this. Does anyone have experience with this brand, or can recommend others? I would like a stiffer/sportier ride, but don't want to be too stiff.

Old 06-12-22 | 03:39 PM
egk2lexus
Pit Crew

Not sure, never had that brand.

Maybe start a new thread and someone will chime in.

Pics of the first full detail after a rough winter. Still cleans up good for a daily beater.

The following 3 users liked this post by egk2lexus:
JTtheBrick (06-15-22), kiamz76 (07-18-22), rickybih (06-29-22)
Old 06-13-22 | 05:09 AM
olaf
7th Gear

Default D2 coil over.

I did looked at that specific set. The decision point for me was to perfect the ride you want you will have to spend some time adjusting and readjusting based in variety of road conditions. By all accounts it is supposed to preserve OEM ride quality but I am not convinced. For your reference, if you are going for the looks, I would not bother lowering it. However if you want a handling benefits. You can do either. For reference, cost of new dampers, springs and labor was around 1500 for me. And keep in mind that OEM’s are engineered to deliver the ride quality that is brand ID for Lexus and you will have to work hard to get to the OEM like ride quality with anything after market. In addition, all 6th gens are used cars by now so there is that consideration.

Originally Posted by Lofty1978
My 2018 Es350 has 93k mi on it and I'm pretty sure I'm due for struts, I was considering a coil over set up like this. Does anyone have experience with this brand, or can recommend others? I would like a stiffer/sportier ride, but don't want to be too stiff.
Old 06-13-22 | 05:20 AM
egk2lexus
Pit Crew

I agree with that except for the comment about aesthetics. Lowering it just about an inch drastically improved the overall appearance in my opinion while drastically improving handling. Now if you prefer the floaty and wandering feel on the highways dont bother just stick to oem.
The following users liked this post:
olaf (06-13-22)
Old 06-19-22 | 11:30 PM
Pieletk
4th Gear

hi eg2lexus

again your set up is basically exactly what I’m looking for, it looks really good. I originally bought the black one but then this deep sea mica with ultra luxury trim came up, and I did the carmax return and picked this one up.

I remember reading somewhere you opted for 245/40/18, do the sidewalls bulge out past the rim face at all? Are the sidewalls taller than 225/45/18?

also, it looks like both of our cars have the little receiver on the trunk, and I cannot figure out what that’s for, I’m really tempted to remove that and buy a stock spoiler knockoff to have paint matched, the stock spoiler really cleans up the trunk lines.

thanks for your input
Old 06-20-22 | 05:05 AM
egk2lexus
Pit Crew

I went with 245/45R18’s on the recommendation of others on this forum. They’re taller and wider than stock so they handle good, more forgiving on bumps and fill out the wheel well gap even better.

They dont really hang over too much.

Thats an antenna for satellite radio on your trunk but will need bodywork afterwards.

Last edited by egk2lexus; 06-20-22 at 05:11 AM.
Pieletk (06-20-22)
Old 07-02-22 | 05:04 AM
realsharpe
1st Gear

Default Same struts or aftermarket?

Did you replace the struts? You mention the tower brace.

Originally Posted by olaf
thank you for the lead on lowering springs. I had them installed along with new set of struts today.
I wanted to share with you my impression as i could not find anyone giving their impression on how these parts actually affect the handling, in addition to difficulty on finding lead on parts for suspension mod.
To start off, I installed a Megan Racing’s strut tower brace. I did it because I didn’t like the front chassis flex during transitions and the rebound you get from it if you don’t load the suspension during cornering as it unsettled the car during transitions.
My initial fear of suspension mod was due to simple fact that there are no Lexus ES specific performance parts; I did find coil overs from D2 and BC racing but to get those to work right you really need to spend time testing your set up each time you make adjustments; so to get it right you would need to be on a track that can simulate your driving environment.
The other issue on finding the right parts for 6th gen ES is that even though it is a glorified Camry, neither Lexus dealer or Toyota provide any guidance on parts compatibility, so deciding on the right part was extremely difficult.
that being said, H&R springs offer ride quality that is very similar to OEM springs on normal road surfaces; it will soak up bumps like an OEM but does so in a more tidy manner with less oscillation. Because it removes spring oscillation after initial compression, the car responds faster to steering input than stock so transition is smoother and accomplished with way less drama. I admit having a strut tower brace cleans up steering responsiveness even further during initial loading of the outside front tires.
On more bumpier stuff, car handles with aplomb without drama also. I feared that my suspension would bottom out or the ride will be way to harsh but if you enjoy handling characteristics of Audi A6 or Acura TLX or BMW 5 series with sport suspension, you will be pleasantly surprised with these springs.
it did lower the car by about hair more than an inch, thus you will have to be cognizant of parking lot concrete stops but not low enough to change your approach angle for driveways.
I was considering rear sway bars but I have yet to experience terminal under steer in daily use or even during moderately hard cornering. ES actually rotates pretty well and I suspect with the mods, it will be more responsive to throttle steer than before so I am going to see how it does on rainy surface before I pull a trigger on it.
I hope this is helpful to the readers.

Old 07-18-22 | 09:05 PM
kiamz76
7th Gear

@Dhillon1 did you use stock top spring mount? what shocks did you use together with H&R Springs? I was thinking of ordering the H&R springs too, Is 2013 Camry V6 is the one that yo use? I have a 2013 ES350 Base model.
Old 07-29-22 | 07:12 AM
egk2lexus
Pit Crew

I replaced front and rear mounts. Fronts are kyb, rears are genuine
lexus mounts with the boots attached. Couldnt find the rears in kyb so had to go oem.
kiamz76 (08-08-22)
Old 08-08-22 | 03:08 PM
kiamz76
7th Gear

What kind or brand of shocks did you use with the H&R lowering springs?
Old 08-08-22 | 07:41 PM
egk2lexus
Pit Crew

Kyb Struts

Last edited by egk2lexus; 08-08-22 at 07:45 PM.
ZZOCCOLO5 (06-18-23)
Old 08-15-22 | 10:25 AM
JTtheBrick
9th Gear

Default 2013 es350 lowered with springs and new struts

egk2lexus (08-15-22)
Old 06-18-23 | 05:03 PM
ZZOCCOLO5
1st Gear

Originally Posted by JTtheBrick

Thank you to all on this thread as I got my daily driver looking much better on some H&R springs. Now to find some better wheels …

JTtheBrick (06-18-23)
Old 06-18-23 | 07:36 PM
JTtheBrick
9th Gear

Looks good. I agree, all you need is some better wheels which are not hard to get these days for around $800-$1000

Quick Reply: 2014 ES350 on H&R Sport Lowering Springs