Android Auto Upgrade for 2015 ES350

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-22, 05:14 PM
mxblue
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NachoNYC
Which switches do.you have down?

My mouse isn't working on my 2014. Tried both methods.
If I recall correctly, it was the one for the 7/8in in the PDF. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of how how I'd configured the DIP switches myself, but I don't recall having any trouble.

Old 10-02-22, 05:17 PM
mxblue
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TXES35016
Question for MXBlue (or any other technical folk)

I have had this module installed and working great for Apple CarPlay and iphone integration. No regrets there.

However, I am trying to incorporate a front camera and its not working the way i want it to. I have been discussing back and forth with the Andream support, but the language barrier is such that we arent getting far.

I have the front camera working, but the issue is that you have to go into the menu on the Andream unit and select camera instead of it just coming on when I power the switch. See video here

These are the connections on the Andream module:
-12v ACC (red) power to the camera
-Ground (black)
- CVBS in for front camera - video in
-CVBS in for rear camera - video in
-12v rear camera (yellow) - unused
- BACK/reverse detect (purple)

I have tried to utilize the rear camera input and the purple wire to trigger the module, however, it does not work correctly. It came on for a second and then goes back off. I am thinking it has something to do with the fact that i utilize the factory back-up camera, but im not sure.

Any other ideas you gurus can think of that i can try to make this thing work with the switch?
Sorry that I didn't reply, did you have any luck out of wonder? I believe there was some setting buried in the menu relating to the rear camera, but I don't think I saw anything about the front camera so I would have presumed that just worked. I'd be interested to maybe go down this route later.
Old 10-05-22, 08:41 AM
shoodes
Pit Crew

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Hey guys,

I didn't purchase the same unit that was posted in the original post, but I installed a Binary 10.25 Inch Unit for my ES350 last night. (Also known as the Lexion unit but I bought it from the manufacturer for $800 with 5 day shipping through DHL)

Installation was easy, I followed the BeatSonic video but I only pulled out the main radio and the screen to install the unit. No wire splicing was needed, connectors connect exactly where they should go and everything is pretty straight forward.

If you guys have any questions about it I'd be happy to answer. I'm overall happy with it, but there's a few kinks I'm trying to work out with the manufacturer.

Old 11-07-22, 11:28 AM
komobu
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you tell me where you ordered this from? Iam very interested. You said you had some small items to get worked out. Were they resolved?

Thanks for any info
Old 11-14-22, 05:23 AM
NachoNYC
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Still trying to get this to work on a 2014. In the meantime, my fav mod while I have the screen out is putting electrical tape on the amber passenger "Airbag on, Airbag off" light.