ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

how much would you pay for a 2013 ES-350?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-22, 02:43 PM
jeverett72
Intermediate

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by olmk
I feel like I would be overpaying, but as you said, the market is difficult right now. It would be my first Lexus, and I'm moving from a Jeep Patriot (2017 Sport SE, red, with 30k miles, new Michellin tires, etc.), which I need to sell first. I've researching for a while the most reliable cars (I don't like plain vanilla toyotas too much, I like more the Luxury side of them, which is Lexus as per my research) and from listening to Scotty Kilmer and The Car Care Nut in Youtube, mi conclusion (for my budget) is a ES-350 for years 2013 and 2014, I want something around 40k miles with a clean service history, looking good and not beat up, 20k miles is best but this easily increases the price by $2k or more. I'm also bothered by the interior on some of the ones I've seen, since worn out leather turn me off since my current car's leather is fairly new. But I'm maybe too picky to be honest.
what part of FL are you in?
Old 06-04-22, 07:26 PM
olmk
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jeverett72
what part of FL are you in?
Miami area.

Edit: I have found several ES350s around here but either they have more miles are desired (>40k) or they are a little worn out (visually). I know I cannot get one as new (for those years) but I'm looking for one in top condition. I found one yesterday which seems to be excellent with 15k miles, but the price is 29k. I'm no longer looking for one with ~40k miles, I'm looking for one with less mileage. (although the prices are discouraging)

Last edited by olmk; 06-04-22 at 07:33 PM.
Old 06-04-22, 07:33 PM
jeverett72
Intermediate

Miami area.

Edit: I have found several ES350s around here but either they have more miles are desired (>40k) or they are a little worn out (visually). I know I cannot get one as new (for those years) but I'm looking for one in top condition. I found one yesterday which seems to be excellent with 15k miles, but the price is 29k. I'm no longer looking for one with ~40k miles, I'm looking for one with less mileage.
Going from a Jeep Patriot to an ES is a huge step up quality and luxury wise but it is hard to go from a newer car to an older car with older tech unless the older car is in really good condition.

The used car market is still way overpriced. Prices will come down next year if we have a recession which I'm betting will happen.
Old 06-04-22, 07:37 PM
jeverett72
Intermediate

Miami area.

Edit: I have found several ES350s around here but either they have more miles are desired (>40k) or they are a little worn out (visually). I know I cannot get one as new (for those years) but I'm looking for one in top condition. I found one yesterday which seems to be excellent with 15k miles, but the price is 29k. I'm no longer looking for one with ~40k miles, I'm looking for one with less mileage. (although the prices are discouraging)
Are you open to IS 300s/350s, GS 350s or GS 200t?

The tan leather interiors from that generation wear faster (or look like they wear faster) than the black leather.

Last edited by jeverett72; 06-04-22 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-04-22, 08:05 PM
jeverett72
Intermediate

Miami area.

$24,492 for a 2015 ES 350 with 51,345 miles. More miles than you were looking for but according to the CarFax all servicing done at Lexus dealers and well optioned. Has Navigation and Luxury packages.

When it comes to Lexus cars, the servicing history and how they were driven is much more important than the mileage. If you've never owned a Lexus and only owned domestic or German brands it's a completely different experience. 51k miles is literally peanuts for a Lexus while at 51k miles on other brands problems are already starting or may have started even earlier. The difference between a 20k and 50k mile Lexus is negligible. Lexuses can easily go 200k miles or more if well maintained. And the dealership experience is miles above other brands too. Even if you have an older Lexus they treat you very well.

https://www.mercedesbenzfortlauderda...fc37b7597d.htm

Last edited by jeverett72; 06-04-22 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-04-22, 08:10 PM
olmk
Driver School Candidate

Going from a Jeep Patriot to an ES is a huge step up quality and luxury wise but it is hard to go from a newer car to an older car with older tech unless the older car is in really good condition.
I guess It's a bit hard, going from a 5 years old car to a 9 years old one it's a bit overwhelming.

The used car market is still way overpriced. Prices will come down next year if we have a recession which I'm betting will happen.
Right now I'll tell you I would feel bad by spending the kind of money being asked for the majority of those cars. Maybe I'll wait.
Old 06-04-22, 08:21 PM
jeverett72
Intermediate

I guess It's a bit hard, going from a 5 years old car to a 9 years old one it's a bit overwhelming.

Right now I'll tell you I would feel bad by spending the kind of money being asked for the majority of those cars. Maybe I'll wait.
Once you own a Lexus you will have a very hard time owning any other brand.

I have a 2013 GS. I upgraded the infotainment to have CarPlay and Android Auto and it's now perfect. A 2015 ES and a Jeep are in different universes quality wise. The Lexus has pretty much everything you need except for Carplay and AA and automatic emergency braking and lane keep.

If all of the latest safety tech is important to you then you need a 2017 Lexus or newer which had all the safety stuff standard on all models. Some of the 2016 Lexuses had all the safety tech as an option.

"Standard equipment for the base ES 350 includes 17-inch alloy wheels, three-mode adjustable drive settings (Eco, Normal, Sport), xenon headlights, LED running lights, LED foglights, a sunroof, keyless ignition and entry, heated mirrors, cruise control, dual-zone automatic climate control, eight-way power front seats (with two-way adjustable lumbar), a tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel, perforated "NuLuxe" (premium vinyl) upholstery, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, a rearview camera.

The Navigation package includes a larger 8-inch display screen, the Remote Touch mouselike electronics interface, a navigation system, voice controls, enhanced Bluetooth connectivity, text-to-speech functionality and the Enform suite of smartphone-connected apps and concierge services (including Lexus Enform Remote). A 15-speaker Mark Levinson surround-sound audio system can be added to the Navigation package.

The Premium package adds driver memory settings, a power tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel and wood trim. The Luxury package adds that equipment plus parking sensors, heated and ventilated front seats, leather upholstery and a power rear window sunshade."

Last edited by jeverett72; 06-04-22 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-04-22, 08:31 PM
jeverett72
Intermediate

If that kind of money is going to make you feel bad or stress you out or really strain your finances then better to wait or buy a nice Camry or Avalon. The Camry and Avalon both came with the same V6 engine as the ES. But if you drive the ES back to back witth the Camry/Avalon you will notice the difference. The Lexuses are more smooth and have a more luxurious ride/feel.
Old 06-04-22, 11:17 PM
olmk
Driver School Candidate

Once you own a Lexus you will have a very hard time owning any other brand.

I have a 2013 GS. I upgraded the infotainment to have CarPlay and Android Auto and it's now perfect. A 2015 ES and a Jeep are in different universes quality wise. The Lexus has pretty much everything you need except for Carplay and AA and automatic emergency braking and lane keep.

If all of the latest safety tech is important to you then you need a 2017 Lexus or newer which had all the safety stuff standard on all models. Some of the 2016 Lexuses had all the safety tech as an option.

"Standard equipment for the base ES 350 includes 17-inch alloy wheels, three-mode adjustable drive settings (Eco, Normal, Sport), xenon headlights, LED running lights, LED foglights, a sunroof, keyless ignition and entry, heated mirrors, cruise control, dual-zone automatic climate control, eight-way power front seats (with two-way adjustable lumbar), a tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel, perforated "NuLuxe" (premium vinyl) upholstery, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, a rearview camera.

The Navigation package includes a larger 8-inch display screen, the Remote Touch mouselike electronics interface, a navigation system, voice controls, enhanced Bluetooth connectivity, text-to-speech functionality and the Enform suite of smartphone-connected apps and concierge services (including Lexus Enform Remote). A 15-speaker Mark Levinson surround-sound audio system can be added to the Navigation package.

The Premium package adds driver memory settings, a power tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel and wood trim. The Luxury package adds that equipment plus parking sensors, heated and ventilated front seats, leather upholstery and a power rear window sunshade."
Thank you @jeverett72, nice explanation. The jeep has been my first car ever so far (since 2020), I think that my taste and the knowledge of cars is evolving (so to speak) and Lexus definitely have my attention. In the past few months I've searching for 'the car' I want to settle for a while (several years), I've test driven corollas, avalons (hybrid), etc. (but no camry though), the corolla felt small to me (well it is) but since I'm coming from a SUV I felt that way. I didn't felt that the 2013 Lexus ES350 I drove was small though, it had plenty of space, was a good ride, I liked the V6 engine's power, etc. I'm taking a look at the 2015 you sent...

Old 06-05-22, 12:08 AM
olmk
Driver School Candidate

Are you open to IS 300s/350s, GS 350s or GS 200t?

The tan leather interiors from that generation wear faster (or look like they wear faster) than the black leather.
I'm looking at the GS 350s right now. Looks beautiful and the reviews (at least from https://cars.usnews.com/) say good things about it.
Old 06-05-22, 02:10 AM
jeverett72
Intermediate

I'm looking at the GS 350s right now. Looks beautiful and the reviews (at least from https://cars.usnews.com/) say good things about it.
The major issue people have the ES/IS/GS is the infotainment. Need to get in one and see if you can live with it.

Just in general the Lexus 3.5L V6 is an almost bulletproof engine unless it's been abused or completely not serviced. The 3.5 V6 combined with the 6 speed or 8 speed automatic transmissions in the IS, ES, GS, RX is amazingly reliable (the Lexus 2.5L V6 in the IS 250 is not nearly as reliable).

I bought a GS b/c it's a little more sporty than the ES, but not quite as much back seat room and the gas mileage in the GS is not as good as the ES. The GS is kind of a gas guzzler. The ES is more focused on comfort than the GS and IS but the ride in my GS is still extremely smooth and comfortable. ES is FWD vs the IS and GS are RWD or AWD.

I would stick with the 2013 and newer ES or GS. They were both completely redesigned that year.

Edmunds.com is a good place to read actual owner reviews about any car brand/model or just read old posts here about Lexus quality and reliability vs any American or German brand. There is probably a Jeep forum too where you can read about their problems.

Consumerreports.com ($10 for a 1 month membership) is also really good for owner reviews/ratings.

click here and look up any brand/model...

https://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/

2015 Lexus ES 350 user reviews on Edmunds...

https://www.edmunds.com/lexus/es-350/2015/review/

Last edited by jeverett72; 06-05-22 at 02:18 AM.
The following users liked this post:
olmk (06-05-22)
Old 06-05-22, 02:34 AM
jeverett72
Intermediate

Both the ES and GS were refreshed in 2016.

https://www.bomninchevrolethomestead...-FL/5312517880

https://www.acuraofpembrokepines.com...8f557b4896.htm

https://www.northfortlauderdalesubar...706a235669.htm

https://www.autonationhondamiamilake...39b6587e7a.htm

https://www.mercedesbenzfortlauderda...fc37b7597d.htm

https://www.vroom.com/inventory/lexu...nerid=71701699
Old 06-05-22, 02:43 AM
ptthere
Pit Crew

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

40k miles on a Lexus is nothing, that's still "new" compared to many brands. Keep that in mind. Do basic routine maintenance and it will last a LONG time.
olmk (06-05-22)
Old 06-05-22, 11:08 AM
olmk
Driver School Candidate

I went for a test drive today for a 2013 ES350 to get a second feel, this car is awesome, I enjoyed every minute of it while on the road, I would not go for this one since it has 80k miles, but man I love it. I'll move ahead to start thinking about selling and then the next steps.
jeverett72 (06-05-22)
Old 06-05-22, 12:14 PM
jeverett72
Intermediate

I went for a test drive today for a 2013 ES350 to get a second feel, this car is awesome, I enjoyed every minute of it while on the road, I would not go for this one since it has 80k miles, but man I love it. I'll move ahead to start thinking about selling and then the next steps.
Test drive as many cars as you can. Only then can you really decide which car is for you. Even two cars from the same company and model year can feel different. Besides test driving cars is fun!
olmk (06-05-22)

Quick Reply: how much would you pay for a 2013 ES-350?