ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

how much would you pay for a 2013 ES-350?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-22, 06:14 PM
ptthere
Pit Crew

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by jeverett72
Nice rims!! Lexus has great shades of red for sure.
Thanks! And yeah, I dig the "perfect" blend of pearl and flake that Lexus put in their different colors.
The following users liked this post:
jeverett72 (06-05-22)
Old 06-05-22, 06:37 PM
olmk
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://www.alhendricksontoyota.com/...e1bl3d5011805/

Is this the car? If so the CarFax shows three "minor" accidents and one accident with "moderate" damage. Definitely get it inspected. The Lexus dealer will definitely list all of its faults in order to get you to buy one of their used cars LOL. If it doesn't have any frame damage then I would use those to negotiate the price. My previous car had been rear ended and the CarFax listed it as "moderate" damage. The entire rear bumper needed to be replaced the driver side rear quarter panel needed to have dent removal and be repainted just to give you an idea. A rear end accidents is better than a front end accident.

This one was also owned in NJ for a couple of years. Not a deal breaker to me but the inspection should reveal if there's any rust. A couple of years would not be a deal breaker for me.
That's the one (you are sharp ). I saw the carfax and as you mentioned it had 3 accidents . I'll check the links you sent below.
Old 06-05-22, 07:38 PM
jeverett72
Intermediate

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by olmk
That's the one (you are sharp ). I saw the carfax and as you mentioned it had 3 accidents . I'll check the links you sent below.
Yeah I would pay a little extra to have no accidents or only 1 minor like mine has. Tough call betw the Satin Cashmere and the Liquid Platinum (which are both discontinued Lexus colors). They both have Flaxen interiors which is nice and preferable to black IMO esp in the Florida heat. They are both identical to mine except for the Satin Cashmere which has the rear lip spoiler.

Last edited by jeverett72; 06-05-22 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-05-22, 07:50 PM
jeverett72
Intermediate

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

People love their GSes

https://www.edmunds.com/lexus/gs-350/2013/consumer-reviews/
olmk (06-10-22)
Old 06-08-22, 07:06 PM
vetdoc
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

$24,492 for a 2015 ES 350 with 51,345 miles. More miles than you were looking for but according to the CarFax all servicing done at Lexus dealers and well optioned. Has Navigation and Luxury packages.

When it comes to Lexus cars, the servicing history and how they were driven is much more important than the mileage. If you've never owned a Lexus and only owned domestic or German brands it's a completely different experience. 51k miles is literally peanuts for a Lexus while at 51k miles on other brands problems are already starting or may have started even earlier. The difference between a 20k and 50k mile Lexus is negligible. Lexuses can easily go 200k miles or more if well maintained. And the dealership experience is miles above other brands too. Even if you have an older Lexus they treat you very well.

https://www.mercedesbenzfortlauderda...fc37b7597d.htm
I have to agree here completely. If the car was serviced properly and by authorized dealer very little difference in a 25,000 mi ES350 and a 50,000 ES350 except the extra 3-4 thousand dollars you will pay. I bought my 2013 ES350 Ultra Luxury with 54,000 Miles in 2020 from the original owner who still had one month left on the extended manufactures Lexus warranty. It was serviced exclusively by the same Lexus Dealer he bought the car from originally. The car was 9.5/10 with the leather just needing some cleaning and enhancing with some product. I was very fortunate at the time to talk this very wealthy Gentleman down on his aking price of $19,000 to $16,300 (Original price $50,000 with ultra luxury package). It was a steal!
The cost of used cars now is pretty rediculous big bubble just like housing market. When the recession hits us (notice I said when, not if) prices will drop easily by 20-30%. Try and be patient and wait for a great deal, it will happen if you wait.
The following 2 users liked this post by vetdoc:
olmk (06-10-22), ptthere (06-08-22)
Old 06-09-22, 02:45 AM
Lead Lap

Received 783 Likes on 532 Posts

Yes, have owned 2 GSs and they are totally different to the ES. However, they are not better at everything compared to the ES.
olmk (06-10-22)
Old 06-09-22, 11:02 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,354 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by 703
Yes, have owned 2 GSs and they are totally different to the ES. However, they are not better at everything compared to the ES.
703 and I are in both Forums. Yes the ES still does some special things the GS does not reward you with. We can 100% agree on this.
The following 2 users liked this post by jgscott:
703 (06-11-22), olmk (06-10-22)
Old 06-10-22, 02:52 PM
olmk
Driver School Candidate

I have decided that it's time to wait and not rush, I don't want to throw money down the pipe, prices are crazy crazy. These cars are nice, I already love them, and I know some people just pay the current prices and if that works for them that's totally valid. hey @jeverett72 thank you so much buddy for all the replies as I've learned a lot from your recommendations and links, also from other members. I took a few more days to drive (and to think what the heck I'm doing hahaha, but no seriously I'm very very conscious with what I do with my money to get the most of it) some more ES and I like them a lot. I've also learned with this thread to refine what I was looking for (not longer looking for the base trim, but I want something with Lux and Prem pkgs and if possible both and UL included would be a plus) since when I created the thread I was totally "green" so to speak in the knowledge of trims, etc. I appreciate all the responses, you guys are awesome!!

All the best
OLMK

Last edited by olmk; 06-10-22 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-10-22, 05:32 PM
vetdoc
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Dr

I have decided that it's time to wait and not rush, I don't want to throw money down the pipe, prices are crazy crazy. These cars are nice, I already love them, and I know some people just pay the current prices and if that works for them that's totally valid. hey @jeverett72 thank you so much buddy for all the replies as I've learned a lot from your recommendations and links, also from other members. I took a few more days to drive (and to think what the heck I'm doing hahaha, but no seriously I'm very very conscious with what I do with my money to get the most of it) some more ES and I like them a lot. I've also learned with this thread to refine what I was looking for (not longer looking for the base trim, but I want something with Lux and Prem pkgs and if possible both and UL included would be a plus) since when I created the thread I was totally "green" so to speak in the knowledge of trims, etc. I appreciate all the responses, you guys are awesome!!

All the best
OLMK
I second your decision to wait. I think prices will come way down over the next 6-8 months. Good Luck

Last edited by vetdoc; 06-10-22 at 05:35 PM. Reason: spelling error
olmk (06-10-22)
Old 06-10-22, 10:42 PM
xjokerz
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts

All the best
OLMK
Good idea. Prices are indeed nuts. We're heading towards a recession, so don't worry. Prices will come down guaranteed.
Old 06-10-22, 11:30 PM
Lead Lap

In a recession, people don’t want to part with a perfectly running Lexus, so you don’t see much top tier examples.
Poppa (06-23-22)
Old 06-11-22, 07:07 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,014 Likes on 693 Posts

Originally Posted by vetdoc
I second your decision to wait. I think prices will come way down over the next 6-8 months. Good Luck
Prices of used cars will come down only after supply chain issues are resolved and new car availability returns to near normal levels. And industry experts are predicting that this will not happen at any time soon. I've seen predictions that this might happen well into 2023 or later.

Originally Posted by xjokerz
Good idea. Prices are indeed nuts. We're heading towards a recession, so don't worry. Prices will come down guaranteed.
Historically, when there are high levels of inflation, yes, that inflation will subside if there is a recession, but even if prices of goods stop increasing, it is unlikely that there will be deflation that results in prices of goods returning to the pre-inflation levels.

Originally Posted by 703
In a recession, people don’t want to part with a perfectly running Lexus, so you don’t see much top tier examples.
A major reason why there are not many UL Generation 6 ES available in the used car market and why fully-equipped UL ES are priced so high is that, for the Generation 6 ES, production of UL ES was quite limited. Even before the current used car market conditions, it was very difficult to find a used 2013-2018 UL ES, and the ones that were available were priced quite high.
Old 06-11-22, 09:21 PM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lesz

A major reason why there are not many UL Generation 6 ES available in the used car market and why fully-equipped UL ES are priced so high is that, for the Generation 6 ES, production of UL ES was quite limited. Even before the current used car market conditions, it was very difficult to find a used 2013-2018 UL ES, and the ones that were available were priced quite high.
Also depends on your budget, the 2016+ are good buys used as they don't feel dated at all (i.e. has the same steering wheel as the current generation RX, has the updated instrument cluster, updated Nav, has Lexus Safety Sense).

Old 06-22-22, 07:11 PM
olmk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 703
Also depends on your budget, the 2016+ are good buys used as they don't feel dated at all (i.e. has the same steering wheel as the current generation RX, has the updated instrument cluster, updated Nav, has Lexus Safety Sense).

So a little update. I drove the first GS since I have been trying to test drive and get a feel of those cars (I have driven many ES in the last month). This one was a 2015/Red/Brown-Interior with the F-Sport pkg with around 50k miles (BTW this car was in a accident, although the report says no frame damage occurred, etc. The car is very sexy. But the most striking thing about it is that inside of it it felt pretty big, bulky (not in a bad way), It was like commanding a spaceship to be honest . I'm not going to buy one yet, but I'm taking my time to drive and get a feel. This one though had a rattling noise (pluc pluc pluc) when pressing the brake to stop (at certain speeds, at lower speeds I couldn't notice that too much), also I think It needs a wheel alignment job, sometimes going straight the steering wheel was more turned to the right side, very weird. While driving it, I pressed the pedal all the way down and it was on!! Solid car, I like it, price is $31k, though. I think asking $31k for a car with an accident record and some noticeable issues when driving is asking too much. But the Force is strong on the GS, that's for sure.

Regards,
OLMK
Old 06-22-22, 07:39 PM
ptthere
Pit Crew

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Even without an accident, $31k is still pretty high for that car being almost 8 years old. Ones I have seen sell around here lately go for about $25k with those specs (which is still high).