ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Technical Resource source recommendation for a new member

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-22, 02:59 PM
OBW
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Technical Resource source recommendation for a new member

Brand new to this forum and this seems to be the most appropriate group for my questions. We've been driving a ES350 for several years, getting dealer service at recommended intervals --- virtually no need for me to do anything to the car. Planning to get an older model "project car" to build for performance --- lotsa DIY. Problem is, I don't yet have a service manual or access to an illustrated parts list. So, questions:

1 - Which of the various service manual publishers are preferred for Lexus, or does the dealer offer one thru the parts dept, or possibly Amazon? Gotta have torque specs!
2 - I'm accustomed to using an on-line illustrated parts list for my Mini Cooper, just enter the last 7 VIN characters and there's everything available in a well organized grouping --- part numbers, "exploded" views, etc. If such a feature is available on-line for Lexus, would someone please furnish a link, or do I need to do my own search?
3 - Is there a preferred OBD scanner for Lexus? Some scanners work better for specific cars.
4 - Technical Service Bulletins --- if available on-line, a link please?

As of this date, I haven't chosen a year / model to work with. Leaning towards the RCF group but want to stay with a local source (Northern NV) and not drive / ship across country. Might instead get the spouse a different car and work with her ES350 --- all TBD.

Still have a lot of browsing to do in this forum. Hope to find someone local (Reno, Carson City) with similar interests.

Constructive criticism always welcome ---

Last edited by OBW; 09-28-22 at 03:34 PM.