ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

2014 ES350 Audio Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-24, 02:11 PM
TXMD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shoodes
I changed out my front dash speakers with 3x Infinity Ref-4032CFX and my two front door speakers with Infinity REF-9633ix. I definitely noticed a big audio improvement from the dashboard speakers, (I did the center one too). The door speakers weren't as big of a change as I was expecting, but I am keeping the factory system so I wasn't expecting an amazing improvement.

I also ended up adding a JBL BassPro 12 inch Subwoofer into my trunk. This was exactly what I felt like the audio was missing and I love it. It may not be the best subwoofer or the best sounding you can get, but I wanted a powered subwoofer to make it easier to install and not cost me an arm and a leg. I wired it into the factory subwoofer for signal and it's been working great. I think the biggest improvements you can do are the front dashboard speakers and a subwoofer for sure.

If you have any questions, let me know and I'll be happy to answer!
Hoping to get your feedback on the Infinity Reference Series speakers you installed. I’ve used the Kappa Series in the past and love them in my SUV. Considering the Reference for our ES this time. You went with the 6x9s in front doors? Didn’t seem like you did the rear doors? Any thoughts on if it would have increased anything if you had?

As I’m not planning to add a sub (not yet at least), how satisfied were you with the performance doing just the door/dash speakers on the low-end range, on a scale of 1-10?
Thanks in advance!
Old 02-06-24, 02:20 PM
ptthere
Pit Crew

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by TXMD
Did you have thoughts about other brands before installing, or previously had the JBLs in another vehicle? Besides seeing that JBL is the “factory upgrade” brand I don’t have much experience with the brand and wanted to get your feedback. I have Infinity (Kappas I think) that I upgraded in my 4Runner over 15yrs ago that still run strong and sound nice. I was considering the Infinity Reference series this time but read a few “mediocre” reviews from CL users. Thanks for the feedback!
I've had JBL previously in a different vehicle and also at home. I considered Infinity as I've had those before as well. However I gravitated to the JBL for overall balanced tones from the speakers across the frequencies. I'd also venture to say that it would be hard to go wrong with either, and many other brands for that matter. Once you remove the factory speakers, you'll see why lol.
Old 02-06-24, 02:20 PM
TXMD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by frankymenz
I would say there is a decent bass improvement, I’m not running any additional or improved amplifiers. I think the entire audio range was improved over the factory speakers.
I’m curious if you were able to compare the Polks to any other brands? JBL/Infinity/Kicker/etc? I’ve seen the 402s and 652s mentioned in some other threads and don’t know if there are any advantages to keeping all the speakers like-branded or not?
Old 02-06-24, 02:22 PM
TXMD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ptthere
I've had JBL previously in a different vehicle and also at home. I considered Infinity as I've had those before as well. However I gravitated to the JBL for overall balanced tones from the speakers across the frequencies. I'd also venture to say that it would be hard to go wrong with either, and many other brands for that matter. Once you remove the factory speakers, you'll see why lol.
Haha, yeah I guess it’s not too difficult to see improvements when the bar is already set fairly low.
Old 04-07-24, 05:11 AM
MBX1
1st Gear

Originally Posted by shoodes
I changed out my front dash speakers with 3x Infinity Ref-4032CFX and my two front door speakers with Infinity REF-9633ix. I definitely noticed a big audio improvement from the dashboard speakers, (I did the center one too). The door speakers weren't as big of a change as I was expecting, but I am keeping the factory system so I wasn't expecting an amazing improvement.

I also ended up adding a JBL BassPro 12 inch Subwoofer into my trunk. This was exactly what I felt like the audio was missing and I love it. It may not be the best subwoofer or the best sounding you can get, but I wanted a powered subwoofer to make it easier to install and not cost me an arm and a leg. I wired it into the factory subwoofer for signal and it's been working great. I think the biggest improvements you can do are the front dashboard speakers and a subwoofer for sure.

If you have any questions, let me know and I'll be happy to answer!
Sir,

Was the JBL BassPro install pretty straightforward? Did it fit in the spare well? I was thinking either the BassPro or a powered sub under the passenger seat.