ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

new tire choices

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-16, 07:54 AM
jloftus
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Poppa, how did those tires work out?

Some of us are thinking of eventually getting them.
Old 11-18-16, 12:47 PM
dxerg3770
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus for about a month now. My car came with bridgestone and aside from squealing at the corner and when turning with bridgestone. Pirelli doesn't seem all that much better, at least it doesnt squeal. It was much cheaper than michellin on tirerack. But the recent reviews of pirelli seems to indicate the tire doesn't last as long.
Old 11-18-16, 02:11 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

When I swapped the OEM Bridgestones on my LS for the Pirellis the difference was quite noticeable.
Old 11-18-16, 09:52 PM
RJP62
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
And the bottom line is the MXV4s are no longer being made.
+1 on that. Got it right from Michelin.
Rob
Old 11-18-16, 09:56 PM
RJP62
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jloftus

Yeah, some of us really want to know Poppa.
Rob
Old 11-18-16, 10:17 PM
RJP62
Driver School Candidate

New old guy here. This is crazy but my situation is so similar to Poppa's. I'm older and have a 4runner as well. My wants are almost identical. I do drive over RR tracks, and some serious city potholes too. Most is rural and highway though. Very very spirited. Sport mode is your friend. Had the MPGS up to nearly 42 once (yawn).

Upgraded from a 14' Camry XLE to a Loaded Atomic Silver 16' ES300h in June. Best decision I ever made [looking around to make sure wife is not listening 😆]

I found a set of ISF wheels on the interwebs that are 18x8 with a 35mm offset (oem 17" is 45mm). Looking hard at Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ to wrap them in. 225/50. +.7% dia., 9.2" section. The Pirelli P7s would be my second choice. Not sure what those sizes are yet.

With a 4runner the car will only see snow if I'm at work and a freak storm blows in before I could get home, so a higher performance, comfortable tire with excellent wet and dry traction and less winter attributes is not off the table. In Maryland though the weather can change unexpectedly for the worse quick.

I think though either of the two choices above would make me happy and keep us safe.

My question to you all is, will the wheel and tire sizes I specify above work?

Thank you very much.

Rob
Old 11-19-16, 12:13 AM
Poppa
Instructor

Received 166 Likes on 119 Posts

Rob

Hey guys, your going to have to wait another week or two for a review from me... The Perilli's my tire shop friend ordered for me are actually at his shop right now and I was supposed to get those tires put on tomorrow ( saturday )... However my 83 year old father passed away 2 days ago and I am now going to be in St. Louis for the next week attending to the funeral and things that need to be done afterward... Don't know if I'll be back in time to get them a week from today or not... def. will have them 2 weeks from now... But I will be sure to post a quick review just as soon as I get them on the car....

Poppa
Old 11-19-16, 05:28 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

So sorry to hear about your dad Poppa...
Old 11-19-16, 07:23 AM
RJP62
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Poppa
Rob

Hey guys, your going to have to wait another week or two for a review from me... The Perilli's my tire shop friend ordered for me are actually at his shop right now and I was supposed to get those tires put on tomorrow ( saturday )... However my 83 year old father passed away 2 days ago and I am now going to be in St. Louis for the next week attending to the funeral and things that need to be done afterward... Don't know if I'll be back in time to get them a week from today or not... def. will have them 2 weeks from now... But I will be sure to post a quick review just as soon as I get them on the car....

Poppa
So sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences to you and yours. No rush Poppa.
Rob
Old 11-19-16, 08:02 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Poppa, let me also add my condolences on the loss of your father. I hope the handling of his affairs goes smoothly.
Old 11-19-16, 08:15 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

So sorry for your loss Poppa - same age that my dad was when he passed away.
Old 11-19-16, 09:51 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 692 Posts

Poppa,

Since our parents are, until they are gone, the one constant that has always been there for us in our lives, the loss of a parent can be especially difficult. I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.
Old 11-19-16, 05:16 PM
BigRon12
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually ordered a set of BF Goodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S's on Friday. They had to ship them so I will have them installed Monday.

They are a Ultra High Performance All Season tire that got #2 right behind the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+'s

I will report back with updates for all the people who want to add some sporty tires over grand touring tires. (I have the 18's on the crappy org. Bridgestones atm)
Old 11-19-16, 09:07 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Totally mismatched tires to the ES IMHO.
Old 11-19-16, 09:42 PM
BigRon12
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Totally mismatched tires to the ES IMHO.
How so? I understand the ES is a luxury touring car but with the 18's on my vehicle it makes a firmer ride as I have driven plenty of ES's with the 17's.

I opted for the UHPT over a grand touring tire because of my style of driving at times ..Why not get a GS you ask? Well I almost did...but the ES is more practical overall for my goals.

I will report back on how they drive. Many Mercedes E350 owner have had them installed and enjoyed them quite a bit.

Quick Reply: new tire choices