ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Speculating on New 2025 Model ES 350

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-23, 10:15 AM
GilThorp
3rd Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaboom
Reading what little there is on line regarding the eventual re-styled ES 350 speculated to come out in calendar 2024 for M/Y 2025, the car will probably be a turbo 4 with a hybrid model alternative choice. I wonder how the styling will be changed. Hopefully, it won’t look like the Crown! I’m hoping for a sleek sedan like the 2021 350 I presently drive.
Just wondering if anyone has read or heard anything else. Probably, I’ll just wind up keeping my current car for the long haul. I can’t imagine anything more beautiful anyway!😜
I hope not with the four banger, I just came to the Lexus family after 12 years of a Sonata 2.0. Oil leaking into the turbo killed it. Love the smooth as butter V-6. Looks like I am going to be keeping my 2022 ES350 for the long haul
The following 2 users liked this post by GilThorp:
F3Woody (03-03-23), LexFinally (03-04-23)
Old 03-03-23, 10:18 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Originally Posted by ATL350
Sadly the automotive world has virtually dictated that the new ES will be a turbo 4. Hopefully Toyota is working to improve the smoothness of their set up because that is a fairly common negative thread in reviews of the new RX. Fours are buzzy and noisy to begin with, but with a lot of engineering - which Toyota is capable of - they can be smoothed out somewhat. Other makers are doing a better job than Toyota. The sound? Well it's usually pretty awful with a turbo on a four, like a Dyson under your hood, which is why a lot of companies are pumping in fake engine noise (the current LS, if I'm not mistaken, has some artificial sound even with the V6). And don't get me started on the auto stop/start. I get that they put it in because then it's calculated into the mpg average, but they universally stink especially on a four banger. Hopefully there would at least be a shut off switch (not an icon buried under three submenus).

The nature of these fours will push more people into EV's to avoid the shuddering clatter.
They can take lessons from Audi who seems to have a relatively quiet and fairly peppy turbo 4.
Old 03-03-23, 01:19 PM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Received 457 Likes on 302 Posts

Reading what little there is on line regarding the eventual re-styled ES 350 speculated to come out in calendar 2024 for M/Y 2025, the car will probably be a turbo 4 with a hybrid model alternative choice. I wonder how the styling will be changed. Hopefully, it won’t look like the Crown! I’m hoping for a sleek sedan like the 2021 350 I presently drive.
Just wondering if anyone has read or heard anything else. Probably, I’ll just wind up keeping my current car for the long haul. I can’t imagine anything more beautiful anyway!😜
Yes, I agree with you; I think the V6 will be axed in favor of the 2.4 Turbo and 2.4 Turbo Hybrid.

I suspect the ES will come in two body styles: (1) the traditional long wheelbase sedan, and (2) the 4" high riding sedan aka Crown SUV.

Below is the forthcoming 2024-30 Camry sedan rendered:

Below is the 4" high riding Crown SUV:

Last edited by peteharvey; 03-03-23 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-03-23, 02:19 PM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 470 Likes on 331 Posts

If it looks anything like either of those, I’m out. Will keep my 2021 with only 10k miles on it for the duration.
Can’t they just leave well enough alone!!!🤯🥵
The following 3 users liked this post by Shaboom:
Cmiller1111 (03-16-24), FreddyG (03-06-23), LS500Fan (03-03-23)
Old 03-03-23, 02:19 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Those renders are lousy. They re-use the existing camry doors. i wouldn't put much stock into those...
Old 03-03-23, 02:22 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

I would hope for a proper EV from Lexus but recently Toyota said they bought and tore down a tesla model y and were incredibly impressed. they said "unbelievable" and "a work of art." so essentially it'll be a while until they can *ATTEMPT* a dedicated EV platform that rivals tesla.

i can't go back to ICE... the acceleration from the Model Y is truly explosive. i roll onto the pedal and swear words populate in my head due to how fast it accelerates.
The following users liked this post:
signdetres (03-05-23)
Old 03-03-23, 03:07 PM
JamesAZ
Intermediate

Received 162 Likes on 93 Posts

Betcha’ it’ll look like this possible Camry model. If so, it could be nice. incremental, rather than radical change. Hope that the mechanicals continue as they are.

That render makes me laugh. They literally just put LS 500 taillights on a Mirari and distorted the hell out of it lol
Carmaker1 (03-07-23)
Old 03-03-23, 03:10 PM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by E46CT
I would hope for a proper EV from Lexus but recently Toyota said they bought and tore down a tesla model y and were incredibly impressed. they said "unbelievable" and "a work of art." so essentially it'll be a while until they can *ATTEMPT* a dedicated EV platform that rivals tesla.

i can't go back to ICE... the acceleration from the Model Y is truly explosive. i roll onto the pedal and swear words populate in my head due to how fast it accelerates.
Yes, EV is the way to the future.
However, what TMC is saying is that their new e-TNGA dedicated EV platform is only just a starter, and much superior EV platforms are to come.
I notice that Toyota bZ and Lexus RZ450e just don't have that long a wheelbase to accommodate a large enough battery pack - not only for explosive acceleration, but also for adequate range.
Old 03-03-23, 03:12 PM
JamesAZ
Intermediate

But as for the 8th Gen ES, just look at the new RX compared to the old RX. That'll be what changed. So new powertrains (350, 350H, 500H), more conservative styling, and a rejuvenated interior that'll look pretty similar to what the new 2023s got. Here's the new RX interior that shows what I'm talking about:

Old 03-03-23, 03:15 PM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JamesAZ
But as for the 8th Gen ES, just look at the new RX compared to the old RX. That'll be what changed. So new powertrains (350, 350H, 500H), more conservative styling, and a rejuvenated interior that'll look pretty similar to what the new 2023s got. Here's the new RX interior that shows what I'm talking about:
I like it.
No more joystick nor trackpad, but a much larger dedicated touchscreen display.
Thus, the central air vents are mounted down on the center console now, with wireless cell phone charging pad below.

Meanwhile, behind the transmission z-slider is the parking brake push/pull button, and to the left are the twin cup holders with a slot to store a cell phone on its side.
Old 03-03-23, 03:24 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by peteharvey
Yes, EV is the way to the future.
However, what TMC is saying is that their new e-TNGA dedicated EV platform is only just a starter, and much superior EV platforms are to come.
I notice that Toyota bZ and Lexus RZ450e just don't have that long a wheelbase to accommodate a large enough battery pack - not only for explosive acceleration, but also for adequate range.
Yeah they're a long way off though. The problem is only Tesla has figured out how to build a good EV and make twice the profit of any other auto maker. This is why Toyota, who is margin-obsessed, is so extremely impressed with Tesla. Tesla took Kaizen and beat the entire car industry over the head with it. So hopefully Toyota can really study Tesla and build a good EV platform. Pretty much all the big makers are testing the waters with their half-baked approach to EVs by turning ICE platforms into EVs by simply putting in a battery and motor where the engine and gas tank once went. That results in a super sloppy, super poor, super weak (structurally/crashworthyness) EV. this is why the $90k BMW evs are basically tiny micro 3-series chassis with smaller interior room than a 3 series. and same goes for any other half baked EVs.
Old 03-03-23, 03:28 PM
JamesAZ
Intermediate

Originally Posted by peteharvey
I like it.
No more joystick nor trackpad, but a much larger dedicated touchscreen display.
Thus, the central air vents are mounted down on the center console now, with wireless cell phone charging pad below.

Meanwhile, behind the transmission z-slider is the parking brake push/pull button, and to the left are the twin cup holders with a slot to store a cell phone on its side.
I don't mind it. I think the 2023/maybe 2024 ES will be the peak of the ES. Naturally aspirated V6, physical buttons for everything, clean attractive design, and an extremely reliable powertrain that has been in use since 2004. I feel this car will age beautifully minus the infotainment which isn't the car's fault as all tech ages horribly.
The following 4 users liked this post by JamesAZ:
Cmiller1111 (03-16-24), F3Woody (03-04-23), LexFinally (03-03-23), LS500Fan (03-03-23)
Old 03-03-23, 03:41 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

I wish Lexus would've done more for the refresh for the ES to go out with a bang. It could've used a smoothed out front and rear end light and maybe actually tweaked bumpers. I hit my leg too many times on the front peaks of the bumper/grill while trying to sneak by the front--ouch. The sides are perfect.
Old 03-03-23, 03:56 PM
JamesAZ
Intermediate

Originally Posted by E46CT
I wish Lexus would've done more for the refresh for the ES to go out with a bang. It could've used a smoothed out front and rear end light and maybe actually tweaked bumpers. I hit my leg too many times on the front peaks of the bumper/grill while trying to sneak by the front--ouch. The sides are perfect.
Yeah, Toyota has been very conservative with their refreshes lately. 4th Gen Prius and 8th Gen Camry come to mind as well where you have to be a car enthusiast to notice the difference.
Old 03-03-23, 07:40 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 927 Likes on 581 Posts

May just buy the last 7 Gen ES made and “drive it into the sunset…” To heck with these agents of change! This old guy has had enuf!🤯
That's my plan.
F3Woody (03-04-23)

Quick Reply: Speculating on New 2025 Model ES 350