ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Seeking your advice on getting ES 350

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-23, 09:22 AM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 953 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
Maybe you and Lexfinally can trade. He’s got a pano. on his Ultra Lux. that he never wanted. I’m sure he’d be glad to let you have the plain moonroof. 😀
Now all we have to do is whip out the ol' blowtorch and make the swap.
The following users liked this post:
UltraLux22 (04-17-23)
Old 04-17-23, 12:31 PM
asadani
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaboom
Have my new 2021 ES 350 two years now and am perfectly satisfied. Low maintenance, all systems bullet brood.
Front end a little low to ground—-watch those parking barriers, you’ll scrape the underside of bumper.
Find a new 2022 and save some money or a dealership demo or loaner, maybe. Pretty much same car as 2023, as they near the end of this model run. Five or ten thousand miles on these cars are insignificant.
I passed on F Sport Edition. Make sure it’s worth the extra money to you first. Not to me.
Get the rear spoiler—-nice touch.
17” wheels are a bit quieter. I got ‘em. But check out Premium package.
My ICE is a quiet, smooth delight.
Ten year, 100,000 mile car easily.
In this day of incredibly expensive cars, the 350 ES can be a remarkably great value if you “buy it right.”.
Although you are spot on the financial recommendation on getting the 22 es, my vote would be to still get the 23 es, primarily for the following reasons.
1. It's the last run of this beautiful v6. Hence It would be best to get your own brand-new v6
2. These cars are notorious for mile modifications to a lower number. You just can't be sure you are really getting the 10k mileage. At least on this side of the world. I was going to buy a brand new one and when I checked the VIN, it already had its 80k miles service and was then vandalized in the US.
3. The entertainment setup is new with wireless Carplay which you can anyways get with an adapter on the 22.
4. You lose out on the touchpad which was a sour spot for a lot.
5. You can spec out the 23, the way you like. Panoramic roof, ML audio, color, etc. but then again you can get lucky with a 22. I personally couldn't find a good valued 22 model here for a lot of discounts as these cars take long to deliver here in the UAE.
The following 2 users liked this post by asadani:
LexFinally (04-17-23), Wenlan (04-17-23)
Old 04-17-23, 01:28 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,160 Likes on 750 Posts

You might hear plenty of reasons to get a Tesla, though!!!
Consumer Reports Says These 10 Vehicles Are the Least Reliable to Own

The following 2 users liked this post by Freds430:
ESh (04-17-23), LexFinally (04-17-23)
Old 04-17-23, 09:42 PM
july1988
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 105 Posts

LOL please stop bringing Tesla to the discussion all the time, sometimes I feel like it's personal matter LOL

Getting an used ES for current gen. is maybe one of the hardest choice, now that's I'm thinking about it:

- 2019: should be cheapest one due to age, however many negativities: no auto folding mirror, no apple car play for early production ones, no android auto, there are few minor "new trial" stuff for the "new comer" here and there from exterior (such as lights), chassis, interior (such as seat) that will be improved on later on years.

- 2020: have auto folding mirror LOL, has android auto, pretty much same as 2019, maybe few hidden improvement inside the car that we don't know... Financially speaking, it is maybe a good option

- 2021: I think more standard safety features (I think blind spot monitor become standard), few changes for exterior front end (headlights, vents etc.), Fsport trim's rim is now all-black etc.. and interior (updated seat design for Fsport trim etc.), maybe few hidden improvement inside the car that we don't know... Overall a nice refresh...

- 2022: Touchscreen for the screen, update the USB ports, and maybe few hidden improvement inside the car that we don't know... A lot of people love the touchscreen, this is it for you...

- 2023: BIG update on infotainment system with the new Toyota/Lexus interface, redesign the console, wireless charging, cup holder, re-arrange the whole shifter area, very very good. All other known issues should be fixed, no more COVID supply chain and part crisis, and maybe few hidden improvement inside the car that we don't know... Of course we are talking about a new car at this point...

Overall, says 5-10 years from now if I'm shopping for a used ES, 2023 is the min I will go for, easy peasy. But if I have to pick now, I don't know, maybe get the one that I can test drive and feel happy with it I guess...
The following 2 users liked this post by july1988:
asadani (04-18-23), F3Woody (04-18-23)
Old 04-18-23, 01:18 AM
asadani
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by july1988
LOL please stop bringing Tesla to the discussion all the time, sometimes I feel like it's personal matter LOL

Getting an used ES for current gen. is maybe one of the hardest choice, now that's I'm thinking about it:

- 2019: should be cheapest one due to age, however many negativities: no auto folding mirror, no apple car play for early production ones, no android auto, there are few minor "new trial" stuff for the "new comer" here and there from exterior (such as lights), chassis, interior (such as seat) that will be improved on later on years.

- 2020: have auto folding mirror LOL, has android auto, pretty much same as 2019, maybe few hidden improvement inside the car that we don't know... Financially speaking, it is maybe a good option

- 2021: I think more standard safety features (I think blind spot monitor become standard), few changes for exterior front end (headlights, vents etc.), Fsport trim's rim is now all-black etc.. and interior (updated seat design for Fsport trim etc.), maybe few hidden improvement inside the car that we don't know... Overall a nice refresh...

- 2022: Touchscreen for the screen, update the USB ports, and maybe few hidden improvement inside the car that we don't know... A lot of people love the touchscreen, this is it for you...

- 2023: BIG update on infotainment system with the new Toyota/Lexus interface, redesign the console, wireless charging, cup holder, re-arrange the whole shifter area, very very good. All other known issues should be fixed, no more COVID supply chain and part crisis, and maybe few hidden improvement inside the car that we don't know... Of course we are talking about a new car at this point...

Overall, says 5-10 years from now if I'm shopping for a used ES, 2023 is the min I will go for, easy peasy. But if I have to pick now, I don't know, maybe get the one that I can test drive and feel happy with it I guess...
Well-articulated, which is why I got the 2023. I have seen numerous fraud speedometer changes. With a car like lexus, you can easily get a 100k miles refurb as a new one. The finance companies in this region will also not like it if it is a used Lexus as they know what is going on.
Old 04-18-23, 06:02 AM
Denzlex
Pit Crew

Received 103 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by asadani
Well-articulated, which is why I got the 2023. I have seen numerous fraud speedometer changes. With a car like lexus, you can easily get a 100k miles refurb as a new one. The finance companies in this region will also not like it if it is a used Lexus as they know what is going on.
“With a car like lexus, you can easily get a 100k miles refurb as a new one.”
Are you saying a Lexus Dealership would try sell a 100k mile vehicle as new? And that it’s possible a buyer wouldn’t notice?
Old 04-18-23, 06:07 AM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 524 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Denzlex
“With a car like lexus, you can easily get a 100k miles refurb as a new one.”
Are you saying a Lexus Dealership would try sell a 100k mile vehicle as new? And that it’s possible a buyer wouldn’t notice?
Maybe a typo. He must mean 10k mile vehicle. That’s certainly possible and quite believable.
Old 04-18-23, 09:48 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 537 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Freds430
Consumer Reports Says These 10 Vehicles Are the Least Reliable to Own: **** #3. - Tesla ****
Is it me or does that "prone to problems" read as long as a medication side effects list? I can honestly say I feel for Tesla as I can relate; I, too, am prone to have problems with Body hardware, climate control, noises, and leaks. My excuse is getting old; what's theirs?

Consumer Reports Says These 10 Vehicles Are the Least Reliable to Own: **** #3. - Tesla ****

At a therapy session being held for the 10 least reliable cars to own, an announcement was made: "Sorry, everyone, Cars 4-10 won't be attending tonight; unfortunately, they were caught behind a natural disaster." "Oh No, what happened?" "They were following #3."
"
Originally Posted by LexFinally
Now all we have to do is whip out the ol' blowtorch and make the swap.
According to CR's reporting, you could wait long enough and just get the parts off a Tesla.

Last edited by UltraLux22; 04-18-23 at 05:44 PM.
LS500Fan (04-18-23)
Old 04-18-23, 10:11 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Consumer Reports Says These 10 Vehicles Are the Least Reliable to Own

You might hear plenty of reasons to get a Tesla, though!!!
Don't listen to the voices;it's just dementia!😀
Attached Thumbnails Seeking your advice on getting ES 350-didn-t-hear-it-from-me.gif  
Old 04-18-23, 10:25 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by july1988
Is SOME of the time ok then? I mean, I can SEE what you are saying--STOP, STOP-- but what I'm HEARING is --LOL, LOL!-- more jokes, please!😀

I think some might go into withdrawal if you ask them to stop talking about TE*LA! I am merely providing colorful commentary on the topics provided before me!

If only there were a place where like-minded people sat chatting about common, shared interests. https://blog.feedspot.com/tesla_forums/ Then they might not feel "special" anymore. It's not personal, just funny!

Say if I hypothetically go out and get a 2023 INFINITI QX80 Sensory edition because the deal was too good to pass up; like really, really good! No, I mean REALLY good; Like so good it's cheaper than what I pay for my Lexus, kinda good! I promise you'll never hear me... I mean probably ever––no, never because, well, it's an INFINITI!
MAMOSKO (04-19-23)
Old 04-18-23, 02:15 PM
LS500Fan
Instructor

Received 521 Likes on 320 Posts

Is it me or does that "prone to problems" list read as long as a medication side effects list? I can honestly say I feel for Tesla as I can relate; I, too, am prone to have problems with Body hardware, climate control, noises, and leaks. My excuse is getting old; what's theirs?

At a therapy session being held for the 10 least reliable cars to own, an announcement was made: "Sorry, everyone, Cars 4-10 won't be attending tonight; unfortunately, they were caught behind a natural disaster." "Oh No, what happened?" "They were following #3."
"
According to CR's reporting, you could wait long enough and just get the parts off a Tesla.
Thanks for the laughs!!! It's funny because it's true!!!