ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

ES300h UL Delivery Wait Time

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-23, 12:39 PM
Joey012
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ES300h UL Delivery Wait Time

We ordered a new es300h ul in Victoria BC towards the end of last December and were given an approximate delivery date of 4 to 6 month. We're now at 21/2 months out and the car is not yet in production. Our sales person tells us that it usually takes about 3 months after Lexus advises that the car is in production, for it to arrive at the Dealership. That brings us close to 6 months before it arrives but as mentioned we're still waiting for notification of the vehicle being in production.
The sales person tells us that a possible delay could be due to a supply shortage of Mark Levinson amplifiers. We have also heard the our interior colour choice (Macadamia) is also in short supply, as well as the 360 degree camera that comes with the ul package. Is anyone else currently in a similar position?

Old 03-11-23, 08:31 AM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 482 Likes on 301 Posts

The information your dealership is pretty much all guess work, they're at the mercy of production as much as you are. They get live updates through their system and with no real accurate estimates.

For example, my car was an allocated unit about to start production and I was given a time frame of up to 6-8 weeks. I get a call almost 5 weeks later, "your car is here".
The following users liked this post:
Myshkyn (03-14-23)
Old 03-13-23, 04:11 PM
r1supersta
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey012
We ordered a new es300h ul in Victoria BC towards the end of last December and were given an approximate delivery date of 4 to 6 month. We're now at 21/2 months out and the car is not yet in production. Our sales person tells us that it usually takes about 3 months after Lexus advises that the car is in production, for it to arrive at the Dealership. That brings us close to 6 months before it arrives but as mentioned we're still waiting for notification of the vehicle being in production.
The sales person tells us that a possible delay could be due to a supply shortage of Mark Levinson amplifiers. We have also heard the our interior colour choice (Macadamia) is also in short supply, as well as the 360 degree camera that comes with the ul package. Is anyone else currently in a similar position?
If you have your VIN #, use this... Toyota Tracker (toyota-tracker.com)
The following 2 users liked this post by r1supersta:
Joey012 (03-14-23), Myshkyn (03-14-23)
Old 03-14-23, 10:06 AM
Myshkyn
Pit Crew

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

It seems to be all very confusing. I ordered an Ultra Luxury ES 300h on Nov. 1, 2022. Three months later I received notification from the dealer that the order had not been "accepted" by Lexus and it would now be another 6-9 months if I wanted keep trying. Then checking around, I was told at least twice by salesmen that Lexus has not been accepting orders for over a year now.

Last edited by Myshkyn; 04-22-23 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-14-23, 11:12 AM
BBQapple
Instructor

Received 410 Likes on 276 Posts

I’ve heard multiple times that Lexus simply builds what they are able and want to, and distribute those cars via “allocations” to dealers by regions. Supposedly dealers haven’t been able to place actual orders for some years now.
Myshkyn (03-14-23)
Old 03-14-23, 12:07 PM
Joey012
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Myshkyn
It seems to be all very confusing. I ordered an Ultra Luxury ES 300h on Nov. 1, 2022. Three months later I received notification from the dealer that the order had not been "accepted" by Lexus and it would now be another 6-9 months if I wanted keep trying. Then checking around, I was told at least twice by salesmen that Lexus has not been accepting orders for over a year now.

The ML audio seems to be in many of the new vehicles being offered, so it doesn't make sense that ordering that option should be a factor causing the delay.
Thanks for that reply; not necessarily comforting though! We're a bit of a 'backwater' up here in Victoria BC so we are prepared for a longer wait but it surprises me that California customers would be subject to those lengthy delays.
Re the ML audio..I've seen that in print as well as being advised of that by our sales person last December. Seems there is/was a supply issue re the amplifiers for the ML.
Old 03-14-23, 12:31 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 529 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by BBQapple
I’ve heard multiple times that Lexus simply builds what they are able and want to, and distribute those cars via “allocations” to dealers by regions. Supposedly dealers haven’t been able to place actual orders for some years now.
Special ordering with Lexus ended late in 2021. My special order Ult. Lux. was accepted right before they closed all special ordering.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...l#post11388775

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...l#post11267874
The following 2 users liked this post by UltraLux22:
BBQapple (03-14-23), Myshkyn (03-14-23)
Old 03-14-23, 12:40 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 529 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by BBQapple
Supposedly dealers haven’t been able to place actual orders for some years now.
This has definitely been going on for some time and it's anyone's guess as to when that will change.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...l#post11229833
Myshkyn (03-14-23)
Old 03-14-23, 02:26 PM
Myshkyn
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Joey012
Thanks for that reply; not necessarily comforting though! We're a bit of a 'backwater' up here in Victoria BC so we are prepared for a longer wait but it surprises me that California customers would be subject to those lengthy delays.
Re the ML audio..I've seen that in print as well as being advised of that by our sales person last December. Seems there is/was a supply issue re the amplifiers for the ML.
Yes, at one point I heard that the ML audio was causing a backlog because of the chip shortage. But in the last month or two that I have been scouring the allotments of various dealers, I have noticed a lot of cars with ML audio installed. I found one with the ML audio and all the options that come with an ultra lux except for the rear side window shades. Had to drive an hour and a half to pick it up, but it wasn't too much of an inconvenience.
Old 03-14-23, 06:07 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 949 Likes on 596 Posts

Originally Posted by Myshkyn
Yes, at one point I heard that the ML audio was causing a backlog because of the chip shortage. But in the last month or two that I have been scouring the allotments of various dealers, I have noticed a lot of cars with ML audio installed. I found one with the ML audio and all the options that come with an ultra lux except for the rear side window shades. Had to drive an hour and a half to pick it up, but it wasn't too much of an inconvenience.
It's a Luxury, then? If "CA" means California and not Canada, that's the only conceivable way you could get other Ultra Luxury features like leather upholstery and the powered rear sunshade.
Old 03-14-23, 07:03 PM
Myshkyn
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LexFinally
It's a Luxury, then? If "CA" means California and not Canada, that's the only conceivable way you could get other Ultra Luxury features like leather upholstery and the powered rear sunshade.
Yes, it's a Luxury. CA does mean California.
Old 04-22-23, 01:04 PM
Detailnut
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I was also told 4 to 6 months, I think they give that time frame to simply lock in your business. I was updated to end of July, that would be 8 months if it even comes then.
Old 04-22-23, 04:42 PM
Joey012
6th Gear

Cool

Originally Posted by Detailnut
I was also told 4 to 6 months, I think they give that time frame to simply lock in your business. I was updated to end of July, that would be 8 months if it even comes then.
We got an update at the beginning of April, giving us an approximately late July delivery date too. It was ordered late last December in Victoria BC; that's 7 months. Think we'll be lucky to get it in August.