ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

2023 Lexus ES 300h Arrived - No ML

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-23, 03:34 PM
july1988
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 105 Posts

To the original poster: just take your time and find the right car that equips with all options you want.
You drive it everyday, you pay a good amount of money for it, make it something you enjoy all the time. ML sounds great for me. You know what is greater: it fits like it was was designed for the car LOL j/k, don't forget everything is covered by factory warranty LOL.
Why settle for less, then spend money (maybe more than you would on ML) and headache to research, order parts, installing etc., and probably more money, headache and hassle later if something break, trying to retro fit some other stuff to the car. It will never look OEM, my opinion, and it probably just devalue the car...
The following users liked this post:
rogerdiaz (08-01-23)
Old 08-01-23, 07:16 AM
rogerdiaz
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all, I have a 2020 CPO ES300h without ML. Best I could find during COVID as I was still driving for military work.

I come from BMW 3 series HK Logic 7 with 16 speakers multiple gens.

Any brand recommendations or speaker upgrades to pioneer system? Is it even worth it?

I have a galaxy S23 hardwired android auto with Apple Music High quality, sometimes lossless streaming while driving. maybe placebo for me.

Thanks
Old 08-01-23, 07:18 AM
rogerdiaz
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by babaijebu
If you can, wait for ML.. you don't need to be an audiophile. Without ML, you will be back here looking for ways to improve the sound.
correct. like me
Old 08-01-23, 08:21 AM
BBQapple
Instructor

Received 410 Likes on 276 Posts

ML sounds nicer than base system yes, but if you like to listen very loud it’s disappointing. If you’re the kind of person who doesn’t know or care about acoustic suspension vs band pass vs ported enclosures, or what RMS power is, you’ll probably love it.
Old 08-01-23, 10:17 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Originally Posted by BBQapple
ML sounds nicer than base system yes, but if you like to listen very loud it’s disappointing. If you’re the kind of person who doesn’t know or care about acoustic suspension vs band pass vs ported enclosures, or what RMS power is, you’ll probably love it.
I don't know what any of those things are and I still don't love it. It's fine but so are the base systems offered by Lexus as far as I'm concerned.
bc6152 (08-01-23)
Old 08-01-23, 10:33 AM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 943 Likes on 593 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerdiaz
Hi all, I have a 2020 CPO ES300h without ML. Best I could find during COVID as I was still driving for military work.

I come from BMW 3 series HK Logic 7 with 16 speakers multiple gens.

Any brand recommendations or speaker upgrades to pioneer system? Is it even worth it?

I have a galaxy S23 hardwired android auto with Apple Music High quality, sometimes lossless streaming while driving. maybe placebo for me.

Thanks
Here's an excellent source both for compatibility recommendations and products to upgrade your Pioneer system. I've had positive experiences with these guys in the past.
https://www.crutchfield.com/car/outfitmycar/mycar.aspx
MAMOSKO (08-01-23)
Old 08-01-23, 08:36 PM
asadani
Pit Crew

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomLex
Hey everyone,

I've been lurking these forums for months, doing research and homework. I put a deposit down for a 2023 Lexus ES 300h with all the fixins the first week of January after my car was totaled in an accident. The car is arriving today but the caveat is that there is no ML premium audio because of the shortage on the parts. The premium audio was a major selling point for me because I love listening to music when I drive more than anything else.

Is the Mark Levinson premium system worth waiting until the next allocation with hopes it will include the ML premium audio? May it be best to take the car as is and pay for a shop to upgrade the sound system with high quality parts like Focal? Has anyone done the latter through a shop? If so, how much did that cost?

P.S. I do not have the skills to upgrade the sound system myself. Please do not suggest this.
I waited for 8 months but I had to have ML. I waited for 3 months with my Audi but I had to get Bang & Olufsen. In short music is important to me and I like factory endings. External upgrades are always a headache. Moreover ML has extra speakers on the top of the door that really enriches the sound. my recommendation, drive anything but wait for the ML. don't settle. There will be lots that will tell you that the premium audio is good but in my personal tests between both, I didn't like the premium audio.

hope this helps
Old 08-02-23, 03:45 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 529 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomLex
Hey everyone,

I've been lurking these forums for months, doing research and homework. I put a deposit down for a 2023 Lexus ES 300h with all the fixins the first week of January after my car was totaled in an accident. The car is arriving today but the caveat is that there is no ML premium audio because of the shortage on the parts. The premium audio was a major selling point for me because I love listening to music when I drive more than anything else.

Is the Mark Levinson premium system worth waiting until the next allocation with hopes it will include the ML premium audio? May it be best to take the car as is and pay for a shop to upgrade the sound system with high quality parts like Focal? Has anyone done the latter through a shop? If so, how much did that cost?

P.S. I do not have the skills to upgrade the sound system myself. Please do not suggest this.
Instead of regurgitating superfluous, inordinately hashed-out subjective information, I've curated a collection of links that, in my opinion, present an objective perspective with tangible examples and evidence as it relates to your ongoing deliberation on whether to hold out for the ML allocation or upgrade a non-ML model.

Relying on impressionistic opinions and biased perspectives can create a skewed perception of reality and cause unnecessary overthinking. Which frequently leads to disappointment. It is crucial to build a solid foundation of factual knowledge to support your ideas and beliefs as they relate to your decision. I recommend comparing each option against each other to determine which one is the best fit for your needs. It's essential to thoroughly evaluate all of your options before making a decision. Then at least, you will have a stronger foundation if you pursue the aftermarket route.
I have noticed a significant rise in ML audio allocations in my area.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...l#post11487075

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...l#post11505818

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...l#post11503650

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...l#post11494641

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...l#post11491926
Old 09-11-23, 08:39 AM
lex-ative
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had the ML on both my vehicles and it does provide a better sound based on the source. Regular radio sounds crap. XM radio sounds good. Dvd audio sounds awesome. For me it was worth it.