ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Anyone change front seats from standard to the F Sport seats?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-23, 07:49 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,660 Posts

Mike remember how I told you how I loved the RX seats when I sat in them. that pillowy cloud feel. Well the Y seats are like that x2. i'm almost literally riding on a cloud. i should PM you about my seats!
Old 03-27-23, 08:21 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,573 Likes on 1,830 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
Mike remember how I told you how I loved the RX seats when I sat in them. that pillowy cloud feel. Well the Y seats are like that x2. i'm almost literally riding on a cloud. i should PM you about my seats!
Yep - I was in Tampa a few weeks ago just for a long weekend getaway - my wife wanted to stop in a mall there and what do I see - a Tesla store in the mall. I sat in the Model Y - quite nice indeed. Glad you're enjoying it!
The following users liked this post:
E46CT (03-27-23)
Old 03-27-23, 10:05 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Yep - I was in Tampa a few weeks ago just for a long weekend getaway - my wife wanted to stop in a mall there and what do I see - a Tesla store in the mall. I sat in the Model Y - quite nice indeed. Glad you're enjoying it!
<3 i hope you thought of me <3
Old 03-27-23, 04:02 PM
july1988
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 105 Posts

My 2cent on my 2019 F-sport seat: it is sporty to sat in (these bolsters are firm but not too firm/poky) and it looks cool, however for long drive it is uncomfortable to me, overall (I was 30 when I got it, I don't have any back problem)
After 4 years and 62K miles many many 3h+ long trip sitting on it, I can live with it. In a long trip, even though I can feel the pain after about 2 hours, I just take a quick 5-min bathroom break anyway and I will be fine again.

Is the Fsport seat the most comfortable seat, NO.
Does it look cool, especially in red, HELL YES. White - Red with triple beam headlights FSport was the exactly and only combo I wanted to buy.
Would I trade them for non-Fsport ES seats (just base, not even UL seats are much more comfy): NO - only YES if I Uber on it aka spend all day on it.

I think Lexus updated the FSport seat in 2021 or 2022, at least the look (look better overall, less RED though LOL), not sure if the cushion was "upgraded".
Old 03-27-23, 04:42 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by july1988
My 2cent on my 2019 F-sport seat: it is sporty to sat in (these bolsters are firm but not too firm/poky) and it looks cool, however for long drive it is uncomfortable to me, overall (I was 30 when I got it, I don't have any back problem)
After 4 years and 62K miles many many 3h+ long trip sitting on it, I can live with it. In a long trip, even though I can feel the pain after about 2 hours, I just take a quick 5-min bathroom break anyway and I will be fine again.

Is the Fsport seat the most comfortable seat, NO.
Does it look cool, especially in red, HELL YES. White - Red with triple beam headlights FSport was the exactly and only combo I wanted to buy.
Would I trade them for non-Fsport ES seats (just base, not even UL seats are much more comfy): NO - only YES if I Uber on it aka spend all day on it.

I think Lexus updated the FSport seat in 2021 or 2022, at least the look (look better overall, less RED though LOL), not sure if the cushion was "upgraded".
Mine is a 19 and I find the seats quite comfy. One weekend last year or so, drove NJ to VA and back in same weekend - seven hours each way and not a drop of back fatigue.
Old 03-27-23, 06:36 PM
BBQapple
Instructor

Received 409 Likes on 275 Posts

The reality is everyone will have a different experience due to differing bodies and driving postures.

Ive only had one car ever where I was completely refreshed after a 3 plus hour drive and never wanted to stop to stretch my legs at a gas station or whatever - the LS430.

On even a normal day I spend two hours in the car, so seats are important to me for sure. The ES is in my top 5 of cars I’ve had for seats, but I’d happily spend a few grand to improve and since I have all black interior already the F seats could look right at home as well. The F seats in my wife’s car are great and I test drove an ES F and liked them similarly.
Old 03-28-23, 08:58 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Mine is a 19 and I find the seats quite comfy. One weekend last year or so, drove NJ to VA and back in same weekend - seven hours each way and not a drop of back fatigue.
But I think you'll agree the RX seats are superior in comfort to the ES seats?
Old 03-28-23, 09:31 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

But I think you'll agree the RX seats are superior in comfort to the ES seats?
For me, it's a photo finish and I drove both cars pretty regularly. If you ask my wife, you'll get a different answer. She's just not a fan of sedans these days.
The following users liked this post:
E46CT (03-30-23)
Old 03-30-23, 02:07 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

For me, it's a photo finish and I drove both cars pretty regularly. If you ask my wife, you'll get a different answer. She's just not a fan of sedans these days.
you have an F Sport so maybe it's different. but maybe if you felt the non -sport seats you'd agree they're pretty crummy. my seat bottoms after 6 months (both ESes) are deformed/wavy (others have posted similar)

My CT200h after 5 years? completely 100% factory showroom fresh. i want my bottoms to be puffy and springy. Not saggy and wavy =(
Old 03-30-23, 02:50 PM
ATL350
Advanced

Received 370 Likes on 222 Posts

you have an F Sport so maybe it's different. but maybe if you felt the non -sport seats you'd agree they're pretty crummy. my seat bottoms after 6 months (both ESes) are deformed/wavy (others have posted similar)

My CT200h after 5 years? completely 100% factory showroom fresh. i want my bottoms to be puffy and springy. Not saggy and wavy =(
Is it the upholstery that’s deformed/stretched/wavy or is the actual foam permanently deformed? The latter should be a warranty issue if so…
Old 03-30-23, 03:17 PM
BBQapple
Instructor

Received 409 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by ATL350
Is it the upholstery that’s deformed/stretched/wavy or is the actual foam permanently deformed? The latter should be a warranty issue if so…
The F seats are a different manufacturing process where the upholstery is molded and adhered to the foam which is molded together in a form fitting cast method. They essentially squirt form into a mold which already has the outer upholstery inside the mold to form the shape.

The upholstery on the F seats shouldn’t sag or bunch up, where the normal seats do start to get stretched out. I don’t see how this upholstery issue would affect comfort, however the blowing in of foam molding method the F seats use could definitely incorporate multi density layers better leading to better support and comfort. Lexus is pretty proud of their innovations here and had a corporate video on it as I recall.
Old 03-30-23, 06:10 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Ive driven several non F loaners and also my wife's RX which is non F. No problem with those seats but I prefer the F overall seats and all.
Old 03-31-23, 04:58 AM
CJS57
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Anyone found a better add on seat cushion than the Amazon?
Old 03-31-23, 06:58 AM
Lesley248
Pit Crew

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

A bit excessive but highly recommend the purple pillow seat. I don't have it personally but have driven my friend's car on a road trip with it and it was incredible. Have also watched random youtube videos of where truck drivers swear by it.
Old 03-31-23, 07:49 AM
ATL350
Advanced

Received 370 Likes on 222 Posts

I can understand the desire for some of these seat pads but don't they negate or limit use of the seat heating/cooling?

Quick Reply: Anyone change front seats from standard to the F Sport seats?