ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

2023 ES300h - Center console storage - coin tray?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-23, 12:25 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 529 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
Congratulations on your stunning new 2023 300h! Getting a new car is always thrilling, particularly when it's from a different brand than what you are accustomed to. I understand you have a question about the car - is there a coin tray that comes with it? Unfortunately, I could not find an OEM tray. Nonetheless, I came across two aftermarket solutions, one for cars without a wireless charger and one for cars with a wireless charger. As the wireless charger has been moved out of the console for 2023, I'm uncertain if this item would be compatible. Here's the link to the product, and you can check its dimensions. A reviewer mentioned that it fits the 2023 model, but it's not clear which tray they're referring to. You could try both and see which one works best. This item offers "Free Returns," so you can always give it a try. Good luck!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...JQKIK0C81&th=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...JQKIK0C81&th=1
I have kept my promise and included photos of the insert tray for MY 22 (or lower?) with a wireless charger in the console. As I remember, my 2019 Luxury had the wireless charger in a different position in the console, so this likely wouldn't fit. I do not recall what year the wireless charger position changed. Although I have yet to try it in the car, I will share my thoughts and images once I do. Upon first glance and feel, it should have cost around $15. It feels durable enough for its purpose, but the real test will be the fitment in the console itself and whether bumpers or targeted padding will be necessary. I suspect it will be, but I will confirm this. The plastic is not flimsy but not the highest quality one might desire. However, if it were, the price would increase. Improving its durability would increase the price, and I understand the need to balance quality and affordability. The three individual pad inserts are essential. Without them, it would be frustrating as things would slide around and bang, detracting from its intended purpose. They fit well, stay in place, and are easy to remove. There is a raised tab that most people with average manual dexterity can remove easily for cleaning. For those with arthritis, a pair of needlenose pliers or a similar tool would work just as well. I have yet to see many options available, so if it fits well and performs its job efficiently, I may keep it for a while. I will provide an update as soon as I can.

Last edited by UltraLux22; 05-12-23 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-15-23, 04:09 AM
sgtjyf01
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

This part will fit the 2019 ES with wireless charger. I have the exact same one.

You will just end up with a hole where the indentation is. Not a problem, in fact it makes it easier to remove the tray where you can slip your fingers through.

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
I have kept my promise and included photos of the insert tray for MY 22 (or lower?) with a wireless charger in the console. As I remember, my 2019 Luxury had the wireless charger in a different position in the console, so this likely wouldn't fit. I do not recall what year the wireless charger position changed. Although I have yet to try it in the car, I will share my thoughts and images once I do. Upon first glance and feel, it should have cost around $15. It feels durable enough for its purpose, but the real test will be the fitment in the console itself and whether bumpers or targeted padding will be necessary. I suspect it will be, but I will confirm this. The plastic is not flimsy but not the highest quality one might desire. However, if it were, the price would increase. Improving its durability would increase the price, and I understand the need to balance quality and affordability. The three individual pad inserts are essential. Without them, it would be frustrating as things would slide around and bang, detracting from its intended purpose. They fit well, stay in place, and are easy to remove. There is a raised tab that most people with average manual dexterity can remove easily for cleaning. For those with arthritis, a pair of needlenose pliers or a similar tool would work just as well. I have yet to see many options available, so if it fits well and performs its job efficiently, I may keep it for a while. I will provide an update as soon as I can.

Old 05-15-23, 06:11 AM
MAMOSKO
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by sgtjyf01
This part will fit the 2019 ES with wireless charger. I have the exact same one.

You will just end up with a hole where the indentation is. Not a problem, in fact it makes it easier to remove the tray where you can slip your fingers through.
For some reason I'm having a difficult time finding the specific design online. Who makes/sells the unit. Amazon or AliExpress? Thanks.
Old 05-15-23, 09:19 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 529 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by MAMOSKO
For some reason, I'm having a difficult time finding the specific design online. Who makes/sells the unit. Amazon or AliExpress? Thanks.
My purchase was from Amazon. At the time of my purchase, the Amazon seller was already indicating low stock. A few days later, I checked the delivery status and noticed they were now only carrying the version made for the armrest console with NO wireless charger.
Old 05-15-23, 12:20 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,177 Likes on 1,634 Posts

For some reason I'm having a difficult time finding the specific design online. Who makes/sells the unit. Amazon or AliExpress? Thanks.
Probably same maker in China makes them for the entire world. I have a little phone holder piece from Ali which has the same identical rubber mat as shown in the above photo (just different shape) they must have football fields of that mat and just cut them for various cars.
Old 05-15-23, 12:40 PM
MAMOSKO
Driver

Default AliExpress Arm Console Storage

Thanks UltraLux22. That would align with the reason I could not find one on Amazon. Given the 7th gen refresh of the phone charger location and console arrangement for '23, it would make sense that one would not want to hold inventory of those items on Amazon or elsewhere. I did find 2 options on AliExpress that look as if they might fit the pre-'23 7th gen arm consoles with wireless phone charging. Links, if anyone is interested. Cheers.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...d=RfOyBHDKnBrQ

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...d=wCfXOhCCQQIq
Old 05-15-23, 08:10 PM
G1H1
Pit Crew

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks UltraLux22. That would align with the reason I could not find one on Amazon. Given the 7th gen refresh of the phone charger location and console arrangement for '23, it would make sense that one would not want to hold inventory of those items on Amazon or elsewhere. I did find 2 options on AliExpress that look as if they might fit the pre-'23 7th gen arm consoles with wireless phone charging. Links, if anyone is interested. Cheers.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...d=RfOyBHDKnBrQ

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...d=wCfXOhCCQQIq
Thanks. I notice it lists the 2020/21 es300h but not the es350. Are the console dimensions different?
Old 05-16-23, 07:42 AM
MAMOSKO
Driver

@G1H1, I noticed that too. I did rough measurements of my console space and it aligned with measurements in one of the item's description. I figured that was enough for me to take a $15 gamble.

Last edited by MAMOSKO; 05-17-23 at 06:21 AM.
Old 05-16-23, 04:12 PM
G1H1
Pit Crew

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

@G1H1, I noticed that too. I did rough measurements of my console space and it aligned with measurements in one of the items descriptions. I figured that was enough for me to take a $15 gamble.
Thanks very much for the info.
Old 05-17-23, 03:29 AM
Lexi23
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perfect fit for 2023 ES350 with wireless charger

Hello,
I recently purchased this tray from AliExpress and it fits like a glove, shipping was fast as well. I have a 2023 premium with wireless charger. Hope this helps.

US $18.16 15% Off | For Lexus ES XZ10 ES250 ES300hES350 2021 2022 2023 Armrest Storage Box Interior Oeganizer Central Console Glove Holder Tray
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNWCjLm
Old 05-17-23, 07:56 AM
sgtjyf01
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

AliExpress
Old 05-18-23, 04:24 AM
MAMOSKO
Driver

Thanks for the response sgtyf01. Ordered it via ali in post #21 of this thread.