ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

2023 350 ES F Sport Design

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-23, 11:28 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
I think also black headliner, usually brake booster fine tuning, and the chassis dampers.
Yep black headliner I had added above.
Old 05-10-23, 02:16 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 529 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaboom
I've been looking around for a 2023 Lexus F Sport DESIGN, just to see what one looks like in person and maybe drive one. The Design Package seems like a great idea, enabling folks with my preferences to have a car that is a little more sporty looking without having to buy the performance features we're not interested in. I notice BMW and Audi have been doing this same thing for some time, now. I'm curious as to how much those 19" wheels compromise the traditional 350 ES comfortable ride. I'd also like to see if the bolstered sears are better padded than those on my regular 350 ES (2021) and if the edge makes contact with my hip every time I enter the car to sit behind the wheel. Finally, I assume the spoiler and rear diffuser are standard parts of the Design package, right?
Would anyone owning/leasing one of these models please advise. Thanks.
I answered many of the questions in my earlier post. In the Design Pkg., the F-sport elements are almost exclusively related to the exterior.

I would like to include some helpful information for you. The Lexus ES350 F Sport sits low to the ground and has a low stance, which is immediately noticeable when entering the vehicle. So - you have to semi-fall down and into your seat - but I guess most will get their entry procedure figured out quickly.
While getting in may require some adjustment, most people will quickly get the hang of it. I say "sitting in" rather than "sitting on" because these seats wrap up and around your butt, hugging your gluteus maximus. They are definitely tighter than seats found in non-sport trims, but they do serve a purpose - they'll keep you snug and steady regardless of how fast you hit a corner.

Design pkg. NO - Handling pkg. YES

Hadori Aluminum trim
F SPORT perforated shift ****
F SPORT aluminum pedals
F SPORT heated leather steering wheel, windshield wiper de-icer, and fast-response interior heater
Performance dampers
Adaptive Variable Suspension
Drive Mode Select with Sport S/S+ and Custom modes
F SPORT suspension tuning
Optional: Intuitive Parking Assist with Auto Braking and Rear Pedestrian Detection, and Panoramic View Monitor

** No option for the Panoramic Glass Roof in Handling pkg.

Design pkg. Yes Handling pkg. NO

Optional: Wood trim with ambient lighting
Optional: Panorama glass roof
Optional: Intuitive Parking Assist with Auto Braking* and Rear Cross Traffic Alert

** No option for Panoramic View Monitor in Design pkg.

Both pkgs. get:

F SPORT 19-inch split-five-spoke alloy wheels with Gloss Black finish and black lug nuts
F SPORT exterior styling, including unique front bumper, grille surround, and rear spoiler

Last edited by UltraLux22; 05-10-23 at 02:40 PM.