ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

2022 es 350 F Sport infotainment system software upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-23 | 10:40 AM
Bensternre
2nd gear

Default 2022 es 350 F Sport infotainment system software upgrade?

A buddy of mine has the new 2023 ES 350 s sport with the updated entertainment infotainment system. Just wondering if my 2022 F sport infotainment system can possibly be upgraded to the new system?
Old 05-10-23 | 12:18 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bensternre
A buddy of mine has the new 2023 ES 350 s sport with the updated entertainment infotainment system. Just wondering if my 2022 F sport infotainment system can possibly be upgraded to the new system?
Absolutely! Have you heard of the 23 F-Sport? It's definitely worth checking out!😁 Although I am no expert, it appears improbable that this endeavor would be anything other than cost-prohibitive, if not impossible. There were complete changes from the 22 MY. Sorry, but you are just like the rest of us, MY 22s and under, stuck with the old system. 🥲
Old 05-10-23 | 12:44 PM
Bensternre
2nd gear

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
Absolutely! Have you heard of the 23 F-Sport? It's definitely worth checking out!😁 Although I am no expert, it appears improbable that this endeavor would be anything other than cost-prohibitive, if not impossible. There were complete changes from the 22 MY. Sorry, but you are just like the rest of us, MY 22s and under, stuck with the old system. 🥲
I appreciate the response, certainly I don't feel stuck... On the contrary I'm extremely happy with my upgraded 2022 model. I upgraded from a 2021 F sport 2022 F sport and there were major differences that I'm extremely happy with.

I wasn't sure exactly what the upgrade was but honestly it doesn't sound like it's that much better... Maybe a nicer clear touch screen but I already have a 12.3 in touch screen and have no issues with the software. I've added an Android box via USB that gives me internet, YouTube and all the channels so when I'm parked I have access to everything I need. I've been in the lower end 2023 f sport model and quite honestly in my humble opinion, I prefer the touch screen as well as the mouse pad that's been removed. It's all what you get used to but I think it's more distracting using the touch screen strictly versus having my hand on the touchpad. Just one person's opinion.

My particular Lexus model also has the Mark Levinson system heads up display and a couple of other features that I didn't have in the 2021 F sport ( which only had the 8 inch screen)

All is well. Just wasn't sure if if it was a matter of an upgrade on the software or not but I appreciate you clarifying. 👍
The following 3 users liked this post by Bensternre:
ATL350 (05-11-23), GS350Miami (05-11-23), LexFinally (05-10-23)
Old 05-10-23 | 12:44 PM
LexFinally
Pole Position

I have no evidence, but I've read that the new system (also in the new RX and NX) is zippier and faster. That makes me suspect that they upgraded the processor, which means the old processor would not be upgradeable to the 2023 software on a plug-and-play basis. That's notwithstanding the small matter that the 2023 software has absolutely no code to recognize or enable your '22 model's CD player, since no car with the new system has one.
Old 05-10-23 | 12:47 PM
LexFinally
Pole Position

I appreciate the response, certainly I don't feel stuck... On the contrary I'm extremely happy with my upgraded 2022 model. I upgraded from a 2021 F sport 2022 F sport and there were major differences that I'm extremely happy with.

I wasn't sure exactly what the upgrade was but honestly it doesn't sound like it's that much better... Maybe a nicer clear touch screen but I already have a 12.3 in touch screen and have no issues with the software. I've added an Android box via USB that gives me internet, YouTube and all the channels so when I'm parked I have access to everything I need. I've been in the lower end 2023 f sport model and quite honestly in my humble opinion, I prefer the touch screen as well as the mouse pad that's been removed. It's all what you get used to but I think it's more distracting using the touch screen strictly versus having my hand on the touchpad. Just one person's opinion.

My particular Lexus model also has the Mark Levinson system heads up display and a couple of other features that I didn't have in the 2021 F sport ( which only had the 8 inch screen)

All is well. Just wasn't sure if if it was a matter of an upgrade on the software or not but I appreciate you clarifying. 👍
I basically agree that the old system works just fine for my needs. For many people, the biggest upgrade is probably the ability to use Apple CarPlay and Android Auto without the need for a wired connection to your phone. That's a genuine step forward, and most of Lexus's competitors already had it.
The following users liked this post:
GS350Miami (05-11-23)
Old 05-10-23 | 01:37 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by LexFinally
I have no evidence, but I've read that the new system (also in the new RX and NX) is zippier and faster. That makes me suspect that they upgraded the processor, which means the old processor would not be upgradeable to the 2023 software on a plug-and-play basis. That's notwithstanding the small matter that the 2023 software has absolutely no code to recognize or enable your '22 model's CD player, since no car with the new system has one.
The 22 NX was the first to receive upgraded treats. Here is the info. that you seek.

Lexus Interface with 12.3-inch touchscreen display. It's not as large as the new RX or NX, but it will likely receive the upgraded size in the next redesign. Drive Connect with Cloud Navigation, Intelligent Assistant (Hey Lexus)

Lexus Interface is entirely different. For example, the touchpad is gone, and the system understands naturally spoken commands. But that's not all that Lexus Interface offers.

Highlights of the technology include:

Five times the processing power for faster response to inputs
Glare-reducing touchscreen displays
Virtual Assistant natural voice recognition technology
Cloud-based Enhanced Navigation
Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
Wireless smartphone charging
Over-the-air software updates

FSport Moveable Meter
When switching driving modes to one of the sport settings, I noticed that the round frame surrounding the tachometer - which looks like it should be stuck in place - moves to the right to give the entire dashboard a different look.

Top View
Also, you can see through the entire Lexus while viewing the car from above (top-down view). The camera system remembers what it saw as the car drives over it and keeps showing that, making it "see-through." It's intuitive and a helpful addition to the top-down view feature. I assume that this capability exists in all 23 top-view systems.
Attached Thumbnails 2022 es 350 F Sport infotainment system software upgrade?-top-view-lexus.jpg  

Last edited by UltraLux22; 05-10-23 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-10-23 | 01:58 PM
Lesley248
Pit Crew

What android box did you get?
Old 05-10-23 | 02:25 PM
BBQapple
Instructor

Wife has a 23 IS350 F Sport with the older system with touch and pad, I have a 23 ES300h with the 12 inch touch only new software infotainment system.

I’m torn as to which I prefer. We swap cars a lot and I find myself using the touchpad a lot in hers.
Old 05-11-23 | 09:48 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

The 22 NX was the first to receive upgraded treats. Here is the info. that you seek.

Lexus Interface with 12.3-inch touchscreen display. It's not as large as the new RX or NX, but it will likely receive the upgraded size in the next redesign. Drive Connect with Cloud Navigation, Intelligent Assistant (Hey Lexus)

Lexus Interface is entirely different. For example, the touchpad is gone, and the system understands naturally spoken commands. But that's not all that Lexus Interface offers.

Highlights of the technology include:

Five times the processing power for faster response to inputs
Glare-reducing touchscreen displays
Virtual Assistant natural voice recognition technology
Cloud-based Enhanced Navigation
Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
Wireless smartphone charging
Over-the-air software updates

FSport Moveable Meter
When switching driving modes to one of the sport settings, I noticed that the round frame surrounding the tachometer - which looks like it should be stuck in place - moves to the right to give the entire dashboard a different look.

Top View
Also, you can see through the entire Lexus while viewing the car from above (top-down view). The camera system remembers what it saw as the car drives over it and keeps showing that, making it "see-through." It's intuitive and a helpful addition to the top-down view feature. I assume that this capability exists in all 23 top-view systems.
The FSport moveable meter has been around many years including the first MY of this generation. It actually dates back to the LFA I believe.
Old 05-11-23 | 10:19 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by mikemu30
The FSport moveable meter has been around many years including the first MY of this generation. It actually dates back to the LFA I believe.
I haven't come across this feature being mentioned before, so I think it would be useful to add it to the list. The original poster doesn't seem to be as familiar in the F-Sport and this feature isn't available in non-F-Sport models. These details can be important.
Old 05-11-23 | 10:34 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

I haven't come across this feature being mentioned before, so I think it would be useful to add it to the list. The original poster doesn't seem to be as familiar in the F-Sport and this feature isn't available in non-F-Sport models. These details can be important.
Yep - you press the button above the phone button on the left side of the wheel I believe and the tach/speedometer slides to the right and opens up the MID on the left side of the screen. It's pretty much a gimmick but looks cool at that moment. I always keep mine on center.
Old 05-11-23 | 05:22 PM
BBQapple
Instructor

Even withoit ever moving it, the F gauges look better and have seemingly higher resolution and contrast levels also.