ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Features in the non-US 7ES that we don't get in the US

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-23, 10:04 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 513 Likes on 355 Posts

While I don't mean to poo-poo on the subject and this is slightly askew of the topic, lest we forget that there is an inherent issue with wanting all of these wonderful additions devoid of our current models in the good ol' US of A, the price point increases exponentially. Take, for instance, the Premier model in Southeast Asia, which boasts ultra-luxury amenities and a DVD/CD player to boot. However, with a price point of 4.828 million Philippine pesos (or approximately $82k US), one might consider selling a kidney or two to afford it. Unless you're willing to fork over the equivalent of a small island's GDP, that DVD player might have to wait. But hey, at least you'll have a DVD player to keep you company during your recovery! 😉😃 Though I do covet those digital mirrors and reclining and heated rear seats that I would never use.
The following 2 users liked this post by UltraLux22:
landonm86 (06-28-23), LexFinally (06-28-23)
Old 06-28-23, 10:22 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Originally Posted by ESh
Are we talking about the floor mats?
yeah japan, arab countries etc get super duper thick ones. they're on the lexus botique site. i think its part of luxury package in row
The following users liked this post:
ATL350 (06-30-23)
Old 06-28-23, 10:58 AM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 471 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
While I don't mean to poo-poo on the subject and this is slightly askew of the topic, lest we forget that there is an inherent issue with wanting all of these wonderful additions devoid of our current models in the good ol' US of A, the price point increases exponentially. Take, for instance, the Premier model in Southeast Asia, which boasts ultra-luxury amenities and a DVD/CD player to boot. However, with a price point of 4.828 million Philippine pesos (or approximately $82k US), one might consider selling a kidney or two to afford it. Unless you're willing to fork over the equivalent of a small island's GDP, that DVD player might have to wait. But hey, at least you'll have a DVD player to keep you company during your recovery! 😉😃 Though I do covet those digital mirrors and reclining and heated rear seats that I would never use.
Are you sure that 82K doesn't include some type of tariff or VAT tax like in Europe? Nevertheless, your point is quite well taken.
landonm86 (06-28-23)
Old 06-28-23, 03:51 PM
minotaar
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
yeah japan, arab countries etc get super duper thick ones. they're on the lexus botique site. i think its part of luxury package in row
Genuine Lexus Cup holder plates! $159 for a pair!

https://lexusboutique.net/collection...lder-plate-set

Holy **** the high pile floormats are 1800 dollars. Kidney indeed!

https://lexusboutique.net/collection...floor-mats-rhd
The following 2 users liked this post by minotaar:
landonm86 (06-28-23), Lesley248 (06-29-23)
Old 06-28-23, 11:01 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 974 Likes on 733 Posts

Ridicul!!!
Old 06-28-23, 11:21 PM
Gawein
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Basically, the N/A market is where carmakers make loads of money by cutting corners and costs by skimping on options and features. This goes for just about any brand
ATL350 (06-30-23)
Old 06-29-23, 03:03 AM
asadani
Pit Crew

Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by minotaar
Genuine Lexus Cup holder plates! $159 for a pair!

https://lexusboutique.net/collection...lder-plate-set

Holy **** the high pile floormats are 1800 dollars. Kidney indeed!

https://lexusboutique.net/collection...floor-mats-rhd
I doubt those will be the prices we get here in the UAE. If anyone is interested, I can check it from the parts department.
Old 06-29-23, 10:05 AM
minotaar
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by asadani
I doubt those will be the prices we get here in the UAE. If anyone is interested, I can check it from the parts department.
Thanks; I'm not interested in purchasing, but if you could hold up a ruler to the cross section of your carpet, it'd be great to see how thick it is. In the US, ours are less than 1cm thick. maybe 7-8mm.

I actually use the floor liners because I live in the north east of the US, where we have enough snow and rain to make it not worth changing the carpets in and out for liners.
Old 06-29-23, 11:19 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Thanks; I'm not interested in purchasing, but if you could hold up a ruler to the cross section of your carpet, it'd be great to see how thick it is. In the US, ours are less than 1cm thick. maybe 7-8mm.

I actually use the floor liners because I live in the north east of the US, where we have enough snow and rain to make it not worth changing the carpets in and out for liners.
I suspect most folks use the all weather mats. My OEM FSport carpet mats have been in my trunk for years now.
Old 06-29-23, 11:44 AM
minotaar
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by mikemu30
I suspect most folks use the all weather mats. My OEM FSport carpet mats have been in my trunk for years now.
You mean the liners right? The rubber ones with the grooves for water?
Old 06-29-23, 11:48 AM
F3Woody
Intermediate

Received 203 Likes on 127 Posts

You mean the liners right? The rubber ones with the grooves for water?
Liners? Do yours go over the carpet mats or replace them?
OEM all weather - the rubber ones with the grooves - replace the carpet mats.
Old 06-29-23, 12:18 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 927 Likes on 581 Posts

I swap out the liners and the carpet mats seasonally. I don't find the liners give off a particularly luxurious ambiance.
Old 06-29-23, 12:32 PM
minotaar
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LexFinally
I swap out the liners and the carpet mats seasonally. I don't find the liners give off a particularly luxurious ambiance.
I agree, but I'm too lazy to do it. Also I have a kid
Old 06-29-23, 10:06 PM
BBQapple
Instructor

Received 409 Likes on 275 Posts

I suspect you’ve spent most of your life north of latitude 43. Very rare to see all weather mats in Texas.
Old 06-30-23, 04:12 AM
minotaar
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by BBQapple
I suspect you’ve spent most of your life north of latitude 43. Very rare to see all weather mats in Texas.
I spent 6.5 years in Houston, and loved the all weather mats when it was raining like hell. If you live in a dry climate, like west Texas, I get it.

In reply to an earlier comment, apparently we call them floor liners in the NE. We are referring to the same thing; grooved rubber mats that replace the carpets.

Quick Reply: Features in the non-US 7ES that we don't get in the US