ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Horrible horrible

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-23 | 09:35 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexFinally
Did OP ever say he has a Jitterbug phone?
It was a joke lol. This was originally posted in Car Chat and it’s a looser bunch in there.
The following users liked this post:
LexFinally (07-04-23)
Old 07-04-23 | 09:47 AM
asadani
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by BBQapple
Use the wireless screen mirroring with your phone and you’ll never want to go back I promise you
What how how, please tell us. I would love to see youtube on the screen. Offcourse when parked.
Also I would love to disable the requirement to hold the steering while on autopilot but I cannot find it in Techstream. hopefully some day this may be possible.
Old 07-04-23 | 09:47 AM
DavidZ
Instructor

Originally Posted by LexFinally
Did OP ever say he has a Jitterbug phone?
No, that was just the resident bullies doing their number on another unsuspecting newbie. That's how they get their kicks. Go figure.
Old 07-04-23 | 11:07 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Lighten up David, life is short. Nobody is being a bully, sometimes people are just a little dramatic.

Last edited by SW17LS; 07-04-23 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-04-23 | 11:45 AM
DavidZ
Instructor

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Nobody is being a bully...
If the shoe fits...
...sometimes people are just a little dramatic.
Right. And that's when you pounce on them. Especially if they're first time posters. Why is that? Is that how you treat a guest in your home?
Old 07-04-23 | 12:18 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

If a guest in my home is carrying on and being dramatic about something small, yes. That would be rude behavior on the part of the guest.

You must be a lot of fun at parties. Take a deep breath and go do something fun.
Old 07-04-23 | 01:23 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

I will. But not your definition of fun.
Old 07-04-23 | 01:31 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

SW17LS, please exit thread
The following 2 users liked this post by DaveGS4:
F3Woody (07-05-23), Ltvscout (07-04-23)
Old 07-04-23 | 02:45 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

It will be interesting to hear what Doubledime decides to do with the ES. Hope he checks back here.
Old 07-04-23 | 04:25 PM
minotaar
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LexBob2
It will be interesting to hear what Doubledime decides to do with the ES. Hope he checks back here.
I think it was a troll post.
Old 07-04-23 | 04:26 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

I found, after buying new cars for almost 50 years, that there is no car built or offered for sale that has every option, feature, or device that one wants. There is always something that you would want or change. But therein is the dilemma: You must make a choice based on what is available and reconcile what is missing. This is life and the issues that go with it.
Our Lexus cars are superior and the good parts surely supersede the features and options that are missing... GOOD LUCK Doubledime hope things work out for you. This wouldn't be a no sale issue for me...
Old 07-04-23 | 04:48 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I agree. But I wouldn't blame him for steering clear given the initial welcome he received.

Originally Posted by minotaar
I think it was a troll post.
I doubt that. It looked like a sincere rant to me.

Originally Posted by bc6152
I found, after buying new cars for almost 50 years, that there is no car built or offered for sale that has every option, feature, or device that one wants. There is always something that you would want or change. But therein is the dilemma: You must make a choice based on what is available and reconcile what is missing. This is life and the issues that go with it.
Our Lexus cars are superior and the good parts surely supersede the features and options that are missing... GOOD LUCK Doubledime hope things work out for you. This wouldn't be a no sale issue for me...
I suspect he'll eventually settle down about it. For the first few months, I spent a lot of time getting familiar with the Lexus infotainment system including the navigation and audio systems. I checked out the split screen feature a couple of times. It was OK, but not a favorite.

Later I bought an iPhone to use CarPlay for Google Maps and Amazon Music. These apps are so far superior to the native Lexus apps. It's not even close. Now I never use anything but CarPlay. As a side note, I switched to Apple Music because the Amazon app became increasingly buggy over time and Amazon refuses to address these bugs. Same great sound and great music selection without the bugs.

By the way, I achieve the split screen effect by using the info screen to the left of the steering wheel to monitor what's playing when the main screen is showing Google Maps.
Old 07-04-23 | 11:29 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

This guy is burried deep.
Old 07-05-23 | 07:20 AM
alextv
Instructor

I also believe the first post is real. A few months ago I was interested in trading in my 2020 and there was a waiting list plus no ML. Since a light tan interior was no longer available I wanted to see the new light color and infotainment system they rave about. Go there and don't like the almost white trim but thinking I could live with it and wanted to play with the new infotainment system but was not activated so could not do what I wanted to do. Was told it was fabulous and much better upgrade from what I had and never mentioned it didn't have split screen. I would have bought one then if it had the ML system and been very disappointed to find out it had no split screen but would have to resolve to the fact that it did not. Since then I started looking at the RX and test drove one last week that had infotainment activated and found out no split screen. For those that don't use the split screen at least the option would be there to use if want. For me I would be using my T Box Plus anyway but wife will never use android auto and it is always convenient to glance at screen and see maps and radio. With the new infotainment system I think Lexus started over from scrap and there reasoning for not including the split screen is they want you to use the voice more. I will not be upgrading to another ES as to me it would be a downgrade from something we like and works without crashing. If I move to the RX at least now I know what I am getting into without surprises. I'll bet the first poster above had a previous Lexus with split screen and ran into the same situation as I did with not being told it didn't and when test driving the system was not activated. Just like the split screen thread I started here the first poster said he traded up from a 2019 ES and didn't find out until after he bought the new ES that it had no split screen and never would have traded knowing that.
Old 07-05-23 | 08:10 AM
DavidZ
Instructor

CarPlay has a split screen option. I don't like it and don't use it.

Quick Reply: Horrible horrible