ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

2024 ES350 vs ES300h

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-23, 12:23 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by heidihidin
I am pretty certain that your "Mark Leversion" is a knock-off. Mark Levinson does sound quite nice though

Huh please read and understand before you speak .
I said I have ML upgrade system .
if you want more detail information on my quote
Is that I don’t listen to the cars sound system cause I only listen to my AirPods while I drive
Old 08-19-23, 12:29 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by Aegean
The hybrid powertrain not only is smoother, more reliable and economical but technology is at least 10 years ahead of the V6 which will be archaic by 2033.

2GR is archaic even now but it is reliable.
Old 08-19-23, 07:07 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrbungle11
Huh please read and understand before you speak .
I said I have ML upgrade system .
if you want more detail information on my quote
Is that I don’t listen to the cars sound system cause I only listen to my AirPods while I drive
I think that heidihidin was just kidding you about calling it Mark Leversion vs. Levinson.
Old 08-19-23, 08:21 AM
LS500Fan
Instructor

Received 520 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
It seems Toyota is maxed out with the highlander and ES in terms of the power it provides for the e-cvt setup. seems like if you go higher in power, you need a traditional transmission. enter Honda and Hyundai which seem to do it flawlessly.
That's a good point, there may be a limit in torque capability through the e-CVT. Either way after having the RAV4 Prime powertrain in the garage for 2.5 years I love it. I really, really, really do wish my ES had it. The RAV4 is pretty unexciting otherwise, the powertrain is definitely my fave feature. Especially when we can get EV driving around town every day except in super cold. We hardly put gas in it unless it's on a road trip.

Last edited by LS500Fan; 08-19-23 at 08:34 AM.
Old 08-21-23, 03:51 PM
TakeshiJin
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Honestly After Having a 2023 Lexus ES 300H Hybrid for over 5 Weeks while my 2019 Lexus ES 350 UL was being fixed under warranty; if I could go back I WOULD PICK THE HYBRID HANDS Down. In this car the hybrid is WAY More quiet 90% of the time. You are NOT ROMPING on throttle 90% of the time; in my experience you would be cruising or stuck in Traffic in Bay Area California. The City MPG MAKES a HUGE Difference the cost savings IS WAY MORE Than ENOUGH PER Year to buy you a new hybrid battery. In Traffic or in Commute you will not notice the power of the V6; what you will notice is how Silky Silent the Hybrid is. That's my experience of having a 2023 Lexus ES 300H Hybrid for 5 Weeks while my 2019 Lexus ES 350 UL was in the dealer for warranty work.

Last edited by TakeshiJin; 08-22-23 at 12:23 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by TakeshiJin:
Gazza74 (08-21-23), kingofire (08-22-23), LS500Fan (08-21-23)
Old 08-21-23, 03:56 PM
Gazza74
10th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TakeshiJin
Honestly After Having a 2023 Lexus ES 300H Hybrid for over 5 Weeks while my 2019 Lexus ES 350 UL was being fixed under warranty if I could go back I WOULD USE THE HYBRID HANDS Down. In this car the hybrid is WAY More quiet 90% of the time. You are NOT ROMPING on throttle 90% of the time your cruising or stuck in Traffic in Bay Area California. The City MPG MAKES a HUGE Difference the cost savings IS WAY MORE Than ENOUGH PER Year to buy you a new hybrid battery. In Traffic or in Commute your not gonna notice the power of the V6 what you will notice is how Silky Silent the Hybrid is. That's my experience of having a 2023 Lexus ES 300H Hybrid for 5 Weeks while my 2019 Lexus ES 350 UL was in the dealer for warranty work.
That’s what my reasoning ended up telling me. I did go back and test drive the hybrid and it has more than enough power for my needs even when not stuck in traffic. Now I’m patiently waiting for the dealer to get the one I want in a store trade and for everything to be finalized so I can get my ES300h.
The following users liked this post:
93SCMax (08-22-23)
Old 08-21-23, 04:00 PM
TakeshiJin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gazza74
That’s what my reasoning ended up telling me. I did go back and test drive the hybrid and it has more than enough power for my needs even when not stuck in traffic. Now I’m patiently waiting for the dealer to get the one I want in a store trade and for everything to be finalized so I can get my ES300h.
Nice! What Trim, Color, Spec, and Packages are you getting? Or are you still debating on those? (Avoid Black Exterior Paint I.M.O. California dust makes in a P.I.T.A. to clean and looks nice constantly .)
Old 08-21-23, 04:36 PM
Gazza74
10th Gear

Nice! What Trim, Color, Spec, and Packages are you getting? Or are you still debating on those? (Avoid Black Exterior Paint I.M.O. California dust makes in a P.I.T.A. to clean and looks nice constantly .)
I picked out a Nightfall Mica on Macadamia interior Ultra Luxury model. I’m not sure if it’s missing any options, but my main wants were the triple beams and ML stereo, which it has. I wish the hybrids had the pano roof, but unfortunately they don’t.

Last edited by Gazza74; 08-21-23 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-21-23, 05:13 PM
TakeshiJin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gazza74
I picked out a Nightfall Mica on Macadamia interior Ultra Luxury model. I’m not sure if it’s missing any options, but my main wants were the triple beams and ML stereo, which it has. I wish the hybrids had the pano roof, but unfortunately they don’t.
Nice the same spec I would pick out too. ML Stereo is a must makes such a huge difference from the stock audio and the Triple Beams are nice at night and pleasing too look at ! I would suggest the illuminated Lexus sills if you value them and the Dash-Cam option or an after market dash cam (People like to cut off Lexuses; I don't know why...). For additional accessories I would also recommend all the value-priced Paint Protection Film by 3M Option for $450, rear bumper applique for $90, Door edge Film or guards for $95/$155 and a set of all-weather or diamond car mats.

Honestly I would skip the ticking time bomb known as the Pano Roof after owning it for four years it developed a vibrating cracking sound every time I am on an ascending slope or sudden dips or increase in road undulations. Took the dealer 3-4 Weeks to Diagnose and fix it.

Last edited by TakeshiJin; 08-22-23 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-21-23, 05:45 PM
Gazza74
10th Gear

Nice the same spec I would pick out too. ML Stereo is a must makes such a huge difference from the stock audio and the Triple Beams are nice at night and pleasing to
look at ! I would suggest the illuminated Lexus sills if you value them and the Dash-Cam option or an after market dash cam (People like to cut off Lexuses; I don't know why...). For additional accessories I would also recommend all the value-priced Paint Protection Film by 3M Option for $450, rear bumper applique for $90, Door edge Film or guards for $95/$155 and a set of all-weather or diamond car mats. Honestly I would skip the ticking time bomb known as the Pano Roof after owning it for four years it developed a vibrating cracking sound every time on ascending slope and road undulations. Took the dealer 3-4 Weeks to Diagnose and fix it.
yeah, you’re probably right about the pano roof. Looks like I’m getting the mats and rear bumper appliqué. I may have to get the PPF and door edge guards after-market because I’m getting the car shipped from out of state.
The following users liked this post:
TakeshiJin (08-21-23)
Old 08-27-23, 08:57 PM
hotwings
Intermediate

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrbungle11
Your money buy anything you want

if want more comfortable get the 17..
Can you offer any other thoughts on 17" tires ? I'm in total agreement the 17" tires should give a better ride but have you experienced the difference vs 18" or bigger ? I worry about pot hole damage with the bigger tires, we have terrible roads in MA.

I've heard it's hard to find the ES with 17" tires, even though they come standard on the base model.

Last edited by hotwings; 08-28-23 at 06:30 AM.
Old 08-28-23, 02:45 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by hotwings
Can you any other thoughts on 17" tires ? I'm in total agreement the 17" tires should give a better ride but have you experienced the difference vs 18" or bigger ? I worry about pot hole damage with the bigger tires, we have terrible roads in MA.

I've heard it's hard to find the ES with 17" tires, even though they come standard on the base model.

my 18 wheels are perfect quiet and does it job..
goes over bumps like notthing I mean if your gonna speed over bumps pothole etc your gonna hear the noise and bounce ..

I live in NYC roads here are like a roller coasters ride it’s so bad..

anything 50 on tires are good if above 50 is even much better

18 for me are great and I’ll a heavy footed person..

wouldn’t mind 17 If it came with it but no isssue on 18
Basically what I’m saying is more tire less rims is more comfortable but who has time and space to buy new rims and tires and somewhere to store.

again, I live in New York City. If I feel comfortable, driving it and smooth, then you’re good to go because it doesn’t get any worse than New York City roads.!
Old 08-28-23, 05:01 AM
asadani
Pit Crew

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

The v6 is in its last leg of release. Its naturally aspirated and since you don't drive as much, in my opinion the v6 350 is the way to go. I got the 350 and love the way the car handles. Its smooth and has a lot of power. Note: the power is still lesser than my Audi q5 v6 turbo but it's still powerful. I never considered the hybrid as I absolutely detest the v4's. When I test drove the e300h, it was smooth to start with, except when I floored it from the "electric" state to engine. My observation on the es300h was that the car performed in a way that the gas was not being floored. It did drive fast but it went up in speed slowly. Once the engine came on, it sounded like a vacuum.

The es350 is consistent, powerful and the power is dependable and not having to switch modes. The car is overall silent anyways so the engine starting sound does not bother me. If they made the e300h with a v6, that would be my pick.

Good luck with your purchase and opinions.
The following 2 users liked this post by asadani:
Gazza74 (08-28-23), GS350Miami (08-29-23)
Old 08-28-23, 06:28 AM
hotwings
Intermediate

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by asadani
The v6 is in its last leg of release. Its naturally aspirated and since you don't drive as much, in my opinion the v6 350 is the way to go. I got the 350 and love the way the car handles. Its smooth and has a lot of power. Note: the power is still lesser than my Audi q5 v6 turbo but it's still powerful. I never considered the hybrid as I absolutely detest the v4's. When I test drove the e300h, it was smooth to start with, except when I floored it from the "electric" state to engine. My observation on the es300h was that the car performed in a way that the gas was not being floored. It did drive fast but it went up in speed slowly. Once the engine came on, it sounded like a vacuum.

The es350 is consistent, powerful and the power is dependable and not having to switch modes. The car is overall silent anyways so the engine starting sound does not bother me. If they made the e300h with a v6, that would be my pick.

Good luck with your purchase and opinions.
These are my exact thoughts as well. I drive less than 5,000 miles per year and am having a hard time justifying the Hybrid. I've read lots of reviews from those who love the smoothness of the Hybrid but I've also heard complaints about the buzzing 4 cylinder sowing machine motor when you need power, which would absolutely definitely annoy me.

I have not read a single complaint about the eCVT but there are complaints on the 8 speed although fewer in recent years. The hybrid seems like the right match for a someone who is 80% city 20% highway. The V6 seems like the right choice for a low mileage person who values stomping power on the highway. Somehow a 3700 pound car just does not seem well matched for a 4 Cyl non-turbo motor even if it does have the electric assist. But I get it, not everybody looks at the same car the same way.
The following 2 users liked this post by hotwings:
asadani (08-28-23), tedlip (08-09-24)
Old 08-28-23, 08:28 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 943 Likes on 593 Posts

Originally Posted by Myshkyn
I don't think anyone has mentioned lower emissions from the hybrid, which I believe was the original motivation for Toyota to manufacture one.
You may believe in error. Toyota's own webpage on the history of the Prius says the goal was fuel efficiency, which it mentions four times before the first time it mentions "emissions."

https://global.toyota/en/prius20th/evolution/concept/

Quick Reply: 2024 ES350 vs ES300h