ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models
View Poll Results: Does Your ES Ultra Luxury's Upper Rear Sunshades area Crack, Clack, or have flexpace?
Yes, It does Crack, Clack, or have flex space when pressed.
50.00%
No, It does NOT Crack, Clack, or have flex space when pressed.
50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Crack/ Clack / Flex Crack / Space on Lexus ES Ultra Luxury Rear Door Shades Area

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-23, 04:04 PM
TakeshiJin
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Crack/ Clack / Flex Crack / Space on Lexus ES Ultra Luxury Rear Door Shades Area

Hey All,

Will post a video later if it fits within club lexus upload size / format.

However, I am noticing some crack / clack/ Flex Crack with the Volume of space between inside of the rear upper sunshades door card area inside my ES Ultra Luxury Trim.

There is nothing loose on the back. However there is a good finite amount of air / pocket space for the plastic that houses the UL sunshade holders in the rear on the top area of the card. I can press along the entire wood trip / upper door card and it will make that clacking sound. Once pressed it no longer makes it for the rest of the day. However the next day it starts making the same noise again and their's air space again. The weird part is it never makes this Crack/ Clack / Flex crack and have the air space if it's cold. It only happens and highly audible when it's 75 +.

IS THIS by design? Or is there something wrong with the plastic housing / wood trim around the rear door cards in Ultra Luxury designs? Yes Lexus can make design flaws....

If you could please press on your entire U.L. upper rear door cards and let me know if it Crack/ Clack / Flex Crack / or has Space ; in the comments or in the poll that would greatly help gather some sample sets!

Thanks and Regards,
Takeshi

Last edited by TakeshiJin; 08-31-23 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-01-23, 02:17 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 760 Posts

Can you post some pics?
Old 09-01-23, 09:53 AM
Jimmybasco
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a 2022 ES350 Ultra Luxury also I recently heard cracking noise coming from the passenger side rear door area. I checked as best as I could but could not locate the source. I first thought it was the passenger front seat belt hitting the door pillar but that was not it. Just this morning, I went in the back seat to see if the noise was coming from the window shade on the passenger side. I raised the window shade then and then let it snapped back down real hard. The rattle went away for the first few miles then came back. So I'll be definitely following this thread.
Old 09-01-23, 02:22 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 760 Posts

I had this cracking noise and it was the lack of welding at the rear quarter panel.

Please go to your car and press hard with your thumb around this area:

If you hear any kind of cracking/poping noise then I can explain to you what you need to do to fix the problem.
Old 09-01-23, 07:04 PM
minotaar
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

I get a really loud rattle in the passenger side B pillar if I hit rumble strips over about 75 mph. Does that happen to anyone? The **** kills me; wish I knew how to fix it.
Old 09-11-23, 09:18 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,177 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by minotaar
I get a really loud rattle in the passenger side B pillar if I hit rumble strips over about 75 mph. Does that happen to anyone? The **** kills me; wish I knew how to fix it.
My latest ES (which was better than my 1st) had a rattle in the B pillar which I fixed by adding insulation to the seat belt bracket (did not need to disassemble it, just slide out of the way and add some thick tape to the bracket)

It also had a persistent rattle in the headliner which i never bothered to attempt to fix because i hate touching headliners.
Old 09-11-23, 09:20 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,177 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by ESh
I had this cracking noise and it was the lack of welding at the rear quarter panel.

Please go to your car and press hard with your thumb around this area:

If you hear any kind of cracking/poping noise then I can explain to you what you need to do to fix the problem.
so the robots missed a weld? Can you post pics and your method for determining your car has missing welds? that's quite serious if true.
Old 09-12-23, 01:15 PM
TakeshiJin
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Finally got time with the car on Sunny day and captured the videos via iCloud link. Let me know if your ultra luxury rear door cards with the shades do the same!

ICLOUD Video Link Detailing Areas and Sound : https://share.icloud.com/photos/00ak...uZLof8vOwgGAfg