ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

ML system works great now! (after replacing all 10 speakers...)....

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-24, 12:54 PM
ilkinandr
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Did anyone here use a DPS with their install or just tap into factory high lvl inputs?
Also do the sub frequencies roll off with higher volume? I know some cars that do that to protect factory subs.
Old 03-18-24, 11:37 AM
ilkinandr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by losiglow
Correct. Or I hope so. Because I haven't used a reducer of any kind. Just connected the outputs to the stock sub directly into the speaker level inputs on the amp.
Hey,
I was curious, can you post pictures where you ran the wire through the firewall? Was it on driver or passenger side? I'm trying to run 8awg to Driver seat and don't see any grommets...
Thank you.
Old 03-19-24, 02:14 PM
losiglow
Pit Crew

Received 104 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by ilkinandr
Hey,
I was curious, can you post pictures where you ran the wire through the firewall? Was it on driver or passenger side? I'm trying to run 8awg to Driver seat and don't see any grommets...
Thank you.
The rear sub didn't require any wires to be run through the firewall. For the signal, I used the existing rear deck subwoofer lines and simply ran an extension to the amplifier, which I mounted next to the battery in the trunk.

I did have to run a positive line from the battery to the subwoofers that I placed under the driver and passenger seats. I ran that from under the drivers seat, through the lower door plastic panels, up to the seat then through a hole in the rear deck (there are several of them if you remove the rear deck paneling, which requires removing the rear seat), then along the underside of the rear deck and down the passenger side paneling in the trunk. I connected it (with a fused line) directly to the positive battery terminal. That was just for power to the under-seat subs. The signal line for the rear subs came from this thread - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...l#&gid=1&pid=1, pin 6 and 21. You can tap those two for a signal if you have under-seat subs rather than running a line all the way from the back.

Hopefully that's clear. Let me know if I can provide better details.
Old 03-19-24, 04:00 PM
ilkinandr
Intermediate

Thank you so much for the information. I think you have 300h which has battery in trunk vs 350 with battery under the hood.

Originally Posted by losiglow
The rear sub didn't require any wires to be run through the firewall. For the signal, I used the existing rear deck subwoofer lines and simply ran an extension to the amplifier, which I mounted next to the battery in the trunk.

I did have to run a positive line from the battery to the subwoofers that I placed under the driver and passenger seats. I ran that from under the drivers seat, through the lower door plastic panels, up to the seat then through a hole in the rear deck (there are several of them if you remove the rear deck paneling, which requires removing the rear seat), then along the underside of the rear deck and down the passenger side paneling in the trunk. I connected it (with a fused line) directly to the positive battery terminal. That was just for power to the under-seat subs. The signal line for the rear subs came from this thread - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...l#&gid=1&pid=1, pin 6 and 21. You can tap those two for a signal if you have under-seat subs rather than running a line all the way from the back.

Hopefully that's clear. Let me know if I can provide better details.
Old 03-20-24, 09:45 AM
losiglow
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ilkinandr
Thank you so much for the information. I think you have 300h which has battery in trunk vs 350 with battery under the hood.
Ah, yes. I didn't think of that. But you're correct. I have the 300h with the battery in the trunk.
The following users liked this post:
ilkinandr (03-20-24)
Old 03-20-24, 09:48 AM
losiglow
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by grp52
I'm curious as to whether or not the toggle setting persists across open/close cycling of the moon/panoramic roof.

If it doesn't that would be a reason for Techstream to not have a procedure for tuning off Active Noise Cancellation (ANC). It's be pointless since the ECU's firmware would just turn it back on during the next open/close cycle of the moon/panoramic roof.
Not certain. But I can tell you that the ANC doesn't come back on after being set to "off" using Carista. Apparently the ECU is not resetting it back to "on" by default after the car is turned off then back on or something like that. The Carista option turns it off permanently (unless turned back "on" through Carista presumably).
Old 07-12-24, 10:09 PM
zoltman1991
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi! To bring this back from the dead...
When you installed the 3.5s... did you need a bracket? Or did everything fit perfectly as it should.
Also, did you need a wire harness? Or did you just + to + and - to - and secure connections?

Thanks!
Old 07-14-24, 09:39 PM
GoOil97
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Also, did you install any extra sound matting or sound insulation in the doors or other areas while you had things apart? If so, did this help with road and wind noise at hwy speeds?
Old 07-15-24, 12:49 PM
Red112fl
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by zoltman1991
Hi! To bring this back from the dead...
When you installed the 3.5s... did you need a bracket? Or did everything fit perfectly as it should.
Also, did you need a wire harness? Or did you just + to + and - to - and secure connections?

Thanks!
I had Infinity 3.5" 307REF speakers installed over the weekend in the dash corners. No need to obtain brackets, wiring harness or cut opening. Dropped right in. No need for Dynamat or vibration absorbing material. Just attach the wires and crimp them to the speaker leads. Crutchfield has them on sale right now at $75 and if you don't like them, you got 60 days to return, but you won't . See my recent thread.
Old 07-26-24, 10:26 PM
al2023
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, did you use the supplied capacitor that came with REF 307's and was this on the base Pioneer 10 speaker system. I have 2023 with base system.
Old 07-27-24, 05:52 PM
zoltman1991
Rookie

Did you happen to get around to replacing front 6x9s?
Did you need a bracket for this as well?
Old 07-28-24, 01:46 PM
southwestheat
10th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm looking at replacing all the speakers in mine too. Are you guys getting the Kicker and Infinity 3.5s to fit in the upper front doors? Crutchfield's site basically shows that only tweeters will fit in there. Are the factory speakers just smaller versions of what's in the dash?
Old 07-28-24, 04:24 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 542 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by southwestheat
I'm looking at replacing all the speakers in mine too. Are you guys getting the Kicker and Infinity 3.5s to fit in the upper front doors? Crutchfield's site basically shows that only tweeters will fit in there. Are the factory speakers just smaller versions of what's in the dash?
Given the question concerns upper front doors speaker location, you're working with a Mark Levinson system. With a Mark Levenson system, the three dash speakers, the two upper front door speakers, and the two rear door speakers are all 90 mm Unity (tweeter and mid-range) speakers. (While the speaker size is uniform for the Unity speaker locations, I'll defer to others with practical speaker swapping as to whether or not there's differences in mount brackets between the speaker mountng locations.)
Old 07-29-24, 11:15 AM
zoltman1991
Rookie

Ok my dude. please respond.
I swapped out the dash speakers and two 3.5 in front door.
Same speakers.
the Kickers were AWFUL.
They were considerably softer. I tested them ear by ear.
Left one factory in and swapped the other. I'd play music, listen closely, then run to the other side.
Kickers lost by a mile?

What gives? What happened. I wired them correctly (checked polarity of wiring harness and adjusted).
I do not understand. It was so bad, I actually reswapped them all out for the factory speakers.
Old 07-29-24, 12:46 PM
ilkinandr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by zoltman1991
Ok my dude. please respond.
I swapped out the dash speakers and two 3.5 in front door.
Same speakers.
the Kickers were AWFUL.
They were considerably softer. I tested them ear by ear.
Left one factory in and swapped the other. I'd play music, listen closely, then run to the other side.
Kickers lost by a mile?

What gives? What happened. I wired them correctly (checked polarity of wiring harness and adjusted).
I do not understand. It was so bad, I actually reswapped them all out for the factory speakers.
do you have ML system or standard?

Quick Reply: ML system works great now! (after replacing all 10 speakers...)....