ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Beware of: LEXUSPARTSNOW.COM

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-23, 02:39 PM
scubapr
Intermediate

Received 166 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaboom
I’ve been unsuccessful trying to get capped pedals or pedal caps for my 2021 ES 350. Are the ones you bought just chrome-like pedal caps or the whole pedal. Is installation difficult? I wonder if they would fit my ES base? Could I ask the price?
Casually BELL shipped my pedal set order today. It should be here early next week; I'll post back.

I expect only the gas pedal to be the whole part, with the others be only caps. This is what I ordered $215.44 free shipping:
  • 4712111020 - PAD, BRAKE PEDAL
  • 5819033010 - REST ASSEMBLY, FRONT FLOOR FOOT
  • 7810133070 - PEDAL ASSEMBLY ACCELERATOR
Old 10-20-23, 02:40 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 554 Likes on 390 Posts

I’ve been unsuccessful trying to get capped pedals or pedal caps for my 2021 ES 350. Are the ones you bought just chrome-like pedal caps or the whole pedal. Is installation difficult? I wonder if they would fit my ES base? Could I ask the price?
It looks like both types (F-Sport and non F-Sport) are pad types. If I've got it right, Lexus 47121-11010 Pad, Brake Pedal is the F-Sport part.

The lexusguide.net Lexus ES (XZ10) Service Manual's Brake Pedal (for Gasoline Model) - Components illustration (may need to scroll down a bit) shows a common brake pedal with just different pad types (i.e., rubber or aluminum).

Added: It looks like there's a model year difference in which part number fits:

For 2022 and later ES 350s, 4712111020 - PAD, BRAKE PEDAL is the one listed as fits.

For 2021 and earlier ES 350s, 4712111010 (i.e., 47121-11010) is the one listed as fits

Shaboom, you have a 2021 model whereas scubapr (if the profile info is correct) has a 2023 model. So, when parts ordering double check the part fits your model year and type.

Last edited by grp52; 10-20-23 at 03:13 PM. Reason: added model year part number fit info
Old 10-20-23, 06:22 PM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 495 Likes on 352 Posts

Thank you both.
Old 10-20-23, 10:49 PM
bullnobull
Pit Crew

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Yes 2022 and up have a larger brake pad. I had to use a VIN number from a FSport. Talking to parts guy at Bell Lexus, said car not sold yet. I told him what I was trying to do. He then changed all part numbers to get FSport parts,Very helpful! Accelerator bolts right in. Brake pad is a pain. Had to put in hot water, with soap added after. Foot rest did not fit. I had to order base, attach it to carpet, (screws in an out of the way spot or you cannot snap pad in) then snap on pad. Not the best but 1 year later and no problems. About $210.00. My local dealer in socal wanted MORE. It does look great!
Good Luck

Last edited by bullnobull; 10-20-23 at 10:54 PM.
Old 10-21-23, 06:58 AM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 495 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by bullnobull
Yes 2022 and up have a larger brake pad. I had to use a VIN number from a FSport. Talking to parts guy at Bell Lexus, said car not sold yet. I told him what I was trying to do. He then changed all part numbers to get FSport parts,Very helpful! Accelerator bolts right in. Brake pad is a pain. Had to put in hot water, with soap added after. Foot rest did not fit. I had to order base, attach it to carpet, (screws in an out of the way spot or you cannot snap pad in) then snap on pad. Not the best but 1 year later and no problems. About $210.00. My local dealer in socal wanted MORE. It does look great!
Good Luck
Sounds like a bit too much trouble for me to get done, especially on my 2021 that I've had for nearly three years now and will probably trade in to buy a Gen 8 next year. I'm sure it looks nice though. It's a real shortcoming on the base ES to have those pedals looking so plain and rough. They should at least make the pedal caps an affordable option. I bought a new Audi a few years back. The pedal caps were only about $125 plus small amount for installation. My salesman threw it in to make the deal. Maybe Gen 8.
Old 12-04-23, 01:42 PM
scubapr
Intermediate

Quick Update & Advice Needed: Today I received a letter from my bank that my claim was refused based on the merchant response. LPN claims that they shipped and I received the correct box. They used USPS tracking as proof of delivery. Then they claimed that I ordered the wrong part and now I wanted to return. They said that I refused the RMA so they were on compliance. I did refuse their RMA because they wanted me to paid for the return shipping and accept a 20% restocking fee plus be deducted the original shipping costs on the partial refund. I'm so angry with their deceptive and fraudulent scam practice. If I was to live in CA, I'll gladly spend the money and few days trying to personally sue. Honestly I don't mind loosing the money to my bank; it's just that I feel so scammed.

I had a lengthy 50 min. conversation with the bank agent and apparently my only option is send a FAX requesting a second opinion with the following requirement: Have another qualified Lexus part dealer prepare a letter (with business heading / logo) confirming that the part that I received inside the box is not the correct part that should come inside the box; and how they are qualified to make that determination. In PR there's only one Lexus dealer I don't know how willing they are to make this letter when I did not buy a single part from them other that the 300h.

It's like ordering a high value Christmas gift and receiving a "stone" inside the box and there's nothing you can do other that pay for return shipping and get hit with a 20% restocking fee (less original shipping) because the correct box was shipped. Should I just give up and bend over to LPN?
Old 12-04-23, 01:54 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 947 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by scubapr
Quick Update & Advice Needed: Today I received a letter from my bank that my claim was refused based on the merchant response. LPN claims that they shipped and I received the correct box. They used USPS tracking as proof of delivery. Then they claimed that I ordered the wrong part and now I wanted to return. They said that I refused the RMA so they were on compliance. I did refuse their RMA because they wanted me to paid for the return shipping and accept a 20% restocking fee plus be deducted the original shipping costs on the partial refund. I'm so angry with their deceptive and fraudulent scam practice. If I was to live in CA, I'll gladly spend the money and few days trying to personally sue. Honestly I don't mind loosing the money to my bank; it's just that I feel so scammed.

I had a lengthy 50 min. conversation with the bank agent and apparently my only option is send a FAX requesting a second opinion with the following requirement: Have another qualified Lexus part dealer prepare a letter (with business heading / logo) confirming that the part that I received inside the box is not the correct part that should come inside the box; and how they are qualified to make that determination. In PR there's only one Lexus dealer I don't know how willing they are to make this letter when I did not buy a single part from them other that the 300h.

It's like ordering a high value Christmas gift and receiving a "stone" inside the box and there's nothing you can do other that pay for return shipping and get hit with a 20% restocking fee (less original shipping) because the correct box was shipped. Should I just give up and bend over to LPN?
You said it yourself: At this point, the way you feel about it goes beyond the money. I'd see if that dealership will help you, just to satisfy yourself that you tried.
The following users liked this post:
scubapr (12-04-23)
Old 12-04-23, 02:06 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,983 Likes on 2,511 Posts

Keep shaming them here and on social media. Email them a link to this thread.
Old 12-04-23, 02:45 PM
scubapr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Keep shaming them here and on social media. Email them a link to this thread.
They do know how to manage media. I tried to post a 1 star rating with my issue on their advertised 4.8 / 5 resellerratings.com. For some reason they had the rating removed in less than 24hrs and resellerratings.com never explained why despite my multiple inquiries. A quick Google research found similar issues to mine, so this is not new to them. Very frustrating.
Old 12-04-23, 03:15 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Originally Posted by scubapr
They do know how to manage media. I tried to post a 1 star rating with my issue on their advertised 4.8 / 5 resellerratings.com. For some reason they had the rating removed in less than 24hrs and resellerratings.com never explained why despite my multiple inquiries. A quick Google research found similar issues to mine, so this is not new to them. Very frustrating.
This is a problem with ratings sites. Yelp is notorious for displaying more positive reviews of businesses who pay them.
Old 12-04-23, 04:02 PM
scubapr
Intermediate

If I had only looked up their Facebook page before ordering or used my AMEX instead.

Old 12-04-23, 04:24 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Yikes. That's a horror show. Even Amazon isn't worse than that.
Old 12-05-23, 08:58 PM
hotwings
Intermediate

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

I'm starting it wonder if a trend is developing for once reputable online businesses going rogue. I've noticed this has been happening more often lately.
It pays to check recent reviews even if you used the company in years past.
Old 12-06-23, 06:56 AM
LexFinally
Racer

Originally Posted by hotwings
I'm starting it wonder if a trend is developing for once reputable online businesses going rogue. I've noticed this has been happening more often lately.
It pays to check recent reviews even if you used the company in years past.
With the trend across industries toward concentration in fewer and fewer hands, the trend is probably that reputable smalls get swalled by bigs, or go out of business and then have their trademarks assumed by unsavory bigs who cash in on the smalls' prior reputations.
Old 12-06-23, 09:25 AM
hotwings
Intermediate

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFinally
With the trend across industries toward concentration in fewer and fewer hands, the trend is probably that reputable smalls get swalled by bigs, or go out of business and then have their trademarks assumed by unsavory bigs who cash in on the smalls' prior reputations.
Yes that make perfect sense.

I my recent case, I had been dealing with an online conact lens company for over 10 years who advertised themselves as "Different from the others" and "transparent for all fees" but when I went to buy new contacts the price jumped at the last second right before I placed the order (final display screen) from $220 to well over $400 due to "processing fees". I researched recent review and learned the $180 "rebate" offer was almost impossible to collect as well as complaints about the sneaky last minute added fees. What should have been a $45 purchase was turning out to be a $400+ purchase so I terminated before placing the order.

Last edited by hotwings; 12-06-23 at 09:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Beware of: LEXUSPARTSNOW.COM