Beware of: LEXUSPARTSNOW.COM

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-23, 09:32 AM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 947 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by hotwings
Yes that make perfect sense.

I my recent case, I had been dealing with an online conact lens company for over 10 years who advertised themselves as "Different from the others" and "transparent for all fees" but when I went to buy new contacts the price jumped at the last second right before I placed the order (final display screen) from $220 to well over $400 due to "processing fees" and then I learned after checking recent reviews the $180 "rebate" offer was almost impossible to collect as well as the sneaky last minute added fees. What should have been a $45 purchase was turning out to be a $400+ purchase so I terminated before placing the order.
Ugh. I believe the FTC is trying to rein in those price-bloating "junk fees" as we read this. My sympathies.
Old 12-06-23, 10:59 AM
scubapr
Intermediate

Received 166 Likes on 125 Posts

I found numerous online posts regarding LexusPartsNow, and their similar other brands sites, with the same SCAM modus operandi. Apparently it's an easy way to get a 20% ROI; or they have unscrupulous employees that switch/stole high end value parts from orders. Anyhow, they apparently now about it because it's the same work-around response for everyone.

Doesn't' matter if they send you a "stone" inside the box. Once you receive the original packaging and it's confirmed by the delivery carrier you're DOA. They will only RMA if you pay for return shipping and accept a 20% re-stocking fee plus a refund deduction of the original shipping paid. So they don't loss a single cent in the transaction and profit from the 20% re-stock fee.

Their defense against chargebacks is very easy and almost spotless:
  1. There was a delivery confirmation.
  2. The box shows the correct part number, so it's an issue that the customer ordered the wrong part and now they want to return (not needed reason).
    • Based on #2 the restocking fee is applicable and customer has to pay for return shipping and original shipping cost will be deducted from refund.
  3. RMA will be issued based on #2 premise with the reason "client does no longer need the part". Customer needs to accept the RMA terms and return merchandise for a partial refund.
  4. If Customer does not return the merchandise, as per terms and conditions of sale, we cannot refund and should not be liable.
  5. Therefore chargeback should be ruled in their favor.
So MAD with my bank and myself.

Last edited by scubapr; 12-06-23 at 11:00 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-06-23, 11:18 AM
hotwings
Intermediate

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFinally
Ugh. I believe the FTC is trying to rein in those price-bloating "junk fees" as we read this. My sympathies.
The junk fees are bad enough, but the worst part is they drop the horrific junk fees just before your final click to "Submit Order". There is no obvious prior notice they rope you in wiith low advertised prices and hope you don't notice the last second $200+ charge.
Old 12-06-23, 11:20 AM
hotwings
Intermediate

Originally Posted by scubapr
So MAD with my bank and myself.
I'm mad just reading about your experience. This is so unacceptable.
Old 12-07-23, 10:02 AM
losiglow
Pit Crew

Received 104 Likes on 66 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure not to purchase from them. Seems their more about quantity over quality.

+1 for Bell Lexus in Scottsdale. I ordered a set of all-weather mats for my '22 ESh. With shipping, still way less than local dealers or eBay.

The following users liked this post:
scubapr (12-07-23)
Old 12-08-23, 08:51 PM
hotwings
Intermediate

scubapr you jinxed me! I never ever had this happen until today:

I ordered drill bits from Amazon but received a pop rivet kit. The box was labelled "13 Piece Left Hand Drill Bit Set" with the correct PN on the vendor box but inside is a pop rivet kit!
At least with Amazon there is an easy return but Jeeeeeze!

Last edited by hotwings; 12-08-23 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-09-23, 05:10 AM
LexFinally
Racer

scubapr you jinxed me! I never ever had this happen until today:

I ordered drill bits from Amazon but received a pop rivet kit. The box was labelled "13 Piece Left Hand Drill Bit Set" with the correct PN on the vendor box but inside is a pop rivet kit!
At least with Amazon there is an easy return but Jeeeeeze!
Hey, China's a big place and those kids have a lot of orders to push out. Be tolerant.
losiglow (12-11-23)
Old 12-09-23, 05:16 AM
scubapr
Intermediate

scubapr you jinxed me! I never ever had this happen until today...
LOL! Sorry to hear! My bad.

I know it's a super bummer expecting something and finding another inside a correct box. But in the end you'll have the issue solved to your satisfaction. Amazon has an excellent customer service, it's so good, that sometimes it's dishonest customers who commit fraud against them. Nothing to do with LexusPartsNow and its parent company Auto Parts Prime, Inc. where customer service is practically non-existent and to top it off they have this apparent common SCAM running without repercussions on their multiple similar parts stores.

So far, I have had no luck with the bank required letter to re-open my charge back. I have been in contact with some Toyota/Lexus parts stores by phone before going to the only official authorized dealer. And they all gave me the excuse that they cannot generate an official company letter for legal or claims purposes; or they simply cannot to do that. So I don't have much hope with the official authorized dealer. Anyway, I'm going physically there on Monday to improve my chances.

I got to the point that it's not about the money. They messed with the wrong person. I hate to complain, but I double hate this type of abuse. Just found the California Department of Consumer Affairs & California Attorney General sites and I'm preparing my formal complain against this company and it's parent. I will attack them on all fronts to at least minimize the chance of this SCAM to future customers.

Last edited by scubapr; 12-09-23 at 08:11 AM.
Old 12-09-23, 05:59 AM
hotwings
Intermediate

Thank you on belhalf of the rest of us for your perseverence! You are correct that others will benefit if you can close down this kind of unscrupulous corporate behavior. There is the satisfaction of righting a wrong and also putting them on notice this will not be tolerated. Please keep us updated!
LexFinally (12-14-23)
Old 12-11-23, 11:19 AM
scubapr
Intermediate

Local dealer did not help with the letter as I did not bought the correct part from them. Which I understand.
Originally Posted by losiglow
+1 for Bell Lexus in Scottsdale. I ordered a set of all-weather mats for my '22 ESh. With shipping, still way less than local dealers or eBay.
Definitely, +1 for Bell Lexus in Scottsdale. 2 orders so far without issues. Also, they do are an authorized Lexus dealer. I'll try with them as last resort.
Old 12-11-23, 11:21 AM
LexFinally
Racer

Local dealer did not help with the letter as I did not bought the correct part from them. Which I understand.
Agree that I get it from their perspective, but I'm sorry to hear that.
Old 12-11-23, 02:14 PM
scubapr
Intermediate

I'm still collecting information and forming a case. They definitely messed with the wrong person. If I can get help from Bell Lexus (After the issue I ordered the part from them), they will not have the upper hand.
BBB recently posted this.
https://www.bbb.org/us/ga/union-city...-0443-28144391

LexusPartsNow BBB Alert SCAM misuse logo

LexusPartsNow on their site. BBB Logo not authorized.

Old 12-11-23, 02:26 PM
hotwings
Intermediate

They do know how to manage media. I tried to post a 1 star rating with my issue on their advertised 4.8 / 5 resellerratings.com. For some reason they had the rating removed in less than 24hrs and resellerratings.com never explained why despite my multiple inquiries. A quick Google research found similar issues to mine, so this is not new to them. Very frustrating.
I found this post on LEXUSPARTSNOW facebook page, looks like your problem but it was back in September

"this company is a joke!!! they sent me the WRONG parts and refuse to refund my money or replace the wrong part THEY sent....please people don't by from this company they have numerous complaints."

WOW that's low that they are using BBB credentials improperly.
scubapr (12-11-23)
Old 12-11-23, 03:02 PM
LexFinally
Racer

I'm still collecting information and forming a case. They definitely messed with the wrong person. If I can get help from Bell Lexus (After the issue I ordered the part from them), they will not have the upper hand.
BBB recently posted this.
https://www.bbb.org/us/ga/union-city...-0443-28144391

LexusPartsNow BBB Alert SCAM misuse logo

LexusPartsNow on their site. BBB Logo not authorized.
I'm sure we'll all be rooting for you. Friendly advice: Concentrate your efforts more on the legal and regulatory system than on the BBB. The BBB, as a voluntary self-regulation body that's owned by businesses, is ultimately pretty toothless. Siccing the state's bureau/office of consumer protection on them can deliver much more sting. I had to do that once, and the evildoer gave me 100% just to have me drop the complaint.
The following 2 users liked this post by LexFinally:
dklanecky1 (12-12-23), scubapr (12-11-23)
Old 12-11-23, 06:23 PM
scubapr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LexFinally
I'm sure we'll all be rooting for you. Friendly advice: Concentrate your efforts more on the legal and regulatory system than on the BBB. The BBB, as a voluntary self-regulation body that's owned by businesses, is ultimately pretty toothless. Siccing the state's bureau/office of consumer protection on them can deliver much more sting. I had to do that once, and the evildoer gave me 100% just to have me drop the complaint.
Thanks for the advice! Will definitely do!

I know BBB is toothless, but my complaint and multiple BBB emails against them and it's parent company is already generating some effects. I raised the flag with them about this and apparently they noticed.

This week I'll be submitting complaints to the "California Department of Consumer Affairs" & "California Attorney General". That could probably shake them. I'm also researching VISA's merchants Terms of Service to see which rules they could be in possible violation. As you, I expect that at some point they will contact me to offer me the correct RMA with a full refund. But it's going to be a little too late.
The following 2 users liked this post by scubapr:
LeX2K (12-11-23), LexFinally (12-11-23)

Quick Reply: Beware of: LEXUSPARTSNOW.COM