ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Just Saw This On Line—2025 ES? For What It’s Worth

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-23, 08:25 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
The current ES design is near perfect, even in 2024. I do not like any of those renderings or drawings up above. I'd be happy if they simply took the current design and:

Improved side safety. It would not take much to match new Accord, New Integra, or even New Prius which all achieved an overall "Good" score. I'm sure the new Camry in 2025 will achieve this and I know a new ES will too.
New seats - current ones way too hard and uncomfortable.
Plug in option with 40 mile range minimum. And this shouldn't only be reserved for some high horse power complicated 500h version. give us a basic prius prime level plug in option.
Massaged lights front and back (higher quality, more streamlined, less bumpy/sticky-outie)
Massaged the exterior door handles a bit. they're a tad bulky.
Massage the interior design. Make it less thin.
Massage the front nose a bit. It can be more smooth. Less shark nose/sticky-outie)
Better tech, minimum 5 cameras all around recording 24/7
Less coarse/rough 4 cylinder during acceleration.
Add Fog lights
Re-engineer the doors to make them shut better.
AWD
Oh and make it ride much more floaty and soft. enough of this sporty agile non-sense. this is an ES. i want it to float and bounce. Can we get an Old Man Edition at least?

The new car should be as good or better than a 5 Series, E Class, A6, etc.
Gimme some snazzy ambient lighting. I know the non-FSports have them but I've read they're not that noticeable. And I don't want a non-FSport anyway
The following 2 users liked this post by mikemu30:
E46CT (09-25-23), FreddyG (09-26-23)
Old 09-25-23, 10:00 AM
LS500Fan
Instructor

Received 521 Likes on 320 Posts

The current ES design is near perfect, even in 2024. I do not like any of those renderings or drawings up above. I'd be happy if they simply took the current design and:...
I agree with the majority of your points. Considering that Lexus is typically screwing up product refreshes lately, I'm not too optimistic. They ruined the LS compared to what it used to be, they have new turbo 4 powertrain problems. I don't want a turbo, full stop. I don't want a multi-speed transmission at all, it's physically impossible to be as smooth as an e-CVT. Honestly at this point I'd take a Lexus version of the Prius Prime ideally with AWD. I have briefly considered buying a Prius Prime to replace my ES but it's just not enough luxury for me, the new PP is amazing though. I was trying to buy an Ioniq 6 but dealer markups and no inventory have changed my mind.
The following users liked this post:
E46CT (09-25-23)
Old 09-25-23, 10:14 AM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 952 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by LS500Fan
I agree with the majority of your points. Considering that Lexus is typically screwing up product refreshes lately, I'm not too optimistic. They ruined the LS compared to what it used to be, they have new turbo 4 powertrain problems. I don't want a turbo, full stop. I don't want a multi-speed transmission at all, it's physically impossible to be as smooth as an e-CVT. Honestly at this point I'd take a Lexus version of the Prius Prime ideally with AWD. I have briefly considered buying a Prius Prime to replace my ES but it's just not enough luxury for me, the new PP is amazing though. I was trying to buy an Ioniq 6 but dealer markups and no inventory have changed my mind.
Weird as this sounds, you might want to check out a VW ID 4. My brother just picked one up and is really impressed. And given that it's a pretty credible competitor to the Ioniq 6, its big advantage is that you can get one.
Old 09-25-23, 01:26 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,657 Posts

Originally Posted by LS500Fan
Try a MBZ EQE.. afaik they have a ton sitting on lots.

If I had to choose a non Tesla, I'd only consider some MBZ (probably EQE) or Rivian. but even the EQE looks like it has a small back seat. i haven't looked at it too closely but the rear steering does look cool in action. I think the EQE has been leasing for $800 something a month which isn't bad.

BMW... meh. The i4 M50i has little rear clown doors. rear seat is for toddlers only. re-shuffled gas platform to blame.
Old 09-25-23, 02:12 PM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 523 Likes on 373 Posts

These comments make me want to simply play it safe and just keep my like-new, trouble free 2021 ES 350 for the duration. Tried and true powertrain and V-6 configuration. Presumably, any major "bugs" are out of this 7th Generation model by 2021.
Can't imagine that a new version of this car could be any closer to my tastes.
The following 2 users liked this post by Shaboom:
FreddyG (09-26-23), LexFinally (09-26-23)
Old 09-25-23, 06:28 PM
DeriaHe
4th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

is there definitely a ES500h? if the power unit is the same with ls500h, worth waiting for it; maybe I'll replace my 300h ~
Old 09-25-23, 06:41 PM
BBQapple
Instructor

Received 409 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by DeriaHe
is there definitely a ES500h? if the power unit is the same with ls500h, worth waiting for it; maybe I'll replace my 300h ~
too big probably plus LS is RWD platform

with ES being a FWD platform it’ll probably be the turbo 4 with 2 electric motors like is in the RX500h instead

my dream ES would be a plug-in hybrid 4 cyl AWD however like is in the NX450h+
Old 09-25-23, 06:57 PM
DeriaHe
4th Gear

Originally Posted by BBQapple
too big probably plus LS is RWD platform

with ES being a FWD platform it’ll probably be the turbo 4 with 2 electric motors like is in the RX500h instead

yes you're right, which reminds me, it seems all the current 500h models are the same RWD platform
however, I know some guys who do not like plug-ins, cause "they're not real cars" lol~~
plug-in is a good choice which need a bigger battery. but i don't know if it's toyota's compromise or really suit for THS system
Old 09-25-23, 09:27 PM
LS500Fan
Instructor

Received 521 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by BBQapple
Same here. We have a RAV4 Prime and I LOVE the powertrain. I don't care for SUVs though so I'd much rather have the powertrain in an ES complete with rear e-axle.
Old 09-25-23, 10:36 PM
TakeshiJin
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Honestly the new Toyota Crown and Toyota Crown Platinum with the RX/NX 450h+ drive train = the New Lexus ES Platform underneath and drive-train. I honestly pray they give us the ability to fold the the rear seats in this generation and get rid of the really bad quality plastics on the rear doors of U.L. trim. If they don't I am camping until that new Sexy Lexus Prius comes out .
The following 2 users liked this post by TakeshiJin:
E46CT (09-26-23), LS500Fan (09-26-23)
Old 09-25-23, 11:00 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 1,050 Likes on 780 Posts

What plastics are bad on the rear doors?
The following users liked this post:
LexFinally (09-26-23)
Old 09-26-23, 02:24 PM
FreddyG
Intermediate

Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

The current ES design is near perfect, even in 2024. I do not like any of those renderings or drawings up above. I'd be happy if they simply took the current design and:

Improved side safety. It would not take much to match new Accord, New Integra, or even New Prius which all achieved an overall "Good" score. I'm sure the new Camry in 2025 will achieve this and I know a new ES will too.
New seats - current ones way too hard and uncomfortable.
Plug in option with 40 mile range minimum. And this shouldn't only be reserved for some high horse power complicated 500h version. give us a basic prius prime level plug in option.
Massaged lights front and back (higher quality, more streamlined, less bumpy/sticky-outie)
Massaged the exterior door handles a bit. they're a tad bulky.
Massage the interior design. Make it less thin.
Massage the front nose a bit. It can be more smooth. Less shark nose/sticky-outie)
Better tech, minimum 5 cameras all around recording 24/7
Less coarse/rough 4 cylinder during acceleration.
Add Fog lights
Re-engineer the doors to make them shut better.
AWD
Oh and make it ride much more floaty and soft. enough of this sporty agile non-sense. this is an ES. i want it to float and bounce. Can we get an Old Man Edition at least?

The new car should be as good or better than a 5 Series, E Class, A6, etc.
I'd be in on the "Old Man" Edition!
Old 09-26-23, 02:25 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 952 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by TakeshiJin
Honestly the new Toyota Crown and Toyota Crown Platinum with the RX/NX 450h+ drive train = the New Lexus ES Platform underneath and drive-train. I honestly pray they give us the ability to fold the the rear seats in this generation and get rid of the really bad quality plastics on the rear doors of U.L. trim. If they don't I am camping until that new Sexy Lexus Prius comes out .
I would not expect folding rear seats on an ES. For over 30 years, Lexus has chosen to forgo folding rear seats while Camry and Avalon used them, opting instead to add a trapezoid-shaped structural brace behind the seatback. Evidently they've believed that starting from the disadvantage of humble family-sedan bones, it was a higher priority to meet luxury buyers' expectations for structural rigidity and tightness than to maximize cargo flexibility. Right or wrong, at least they've been consistent.
The following 2 users liked this post by LexFinally:
ATL350 (09-27-23), Wilson2000 (09-28-23)
Old 09-26-23, 02:30 PM
TakeshiJin
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ESh
What plastics are bad on the rear doors?
On my thread from :

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...ades-area.html

I Finally got time with the car on a Sunny day and captured the videos via iCloud link. Let me know if your ultra luxury rear door cards with the shades do the same!

ICLOUD Video Link Detailing Areas and Sound : https://share.icloud.com/photos/00ak...uZLof8vOwgGAfg

Also another thread : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...reaking-3.html

Last edited by TakeshiJin; 09-26-23 at 03:11 PM. Reason: corrected grammer
Old 09-26-23, 11:06 PM
DeriaHe
4th Gear

Talking

Originally Posted by FreddyG
I'd be in on the "Old Man" Edition!
hahaha, me too
The following 4 users liked this post by DeriaHe:
ATL350 (09-27-23), E46CT (09-27-23), FreddyG (09-28-23), seanyyz (09-28-23)

Quick Reply: Just Saw This On Line—2025 ES? For What It’s Worth