ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Seven Reasons Why Lexus Paint is Amazing

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-23, 06:03 AM
F3Woody
Intermediate

Received 217 Likes on 135 Posts

My color choice of Atomic Silver is a weak link in my overall satisfaction with my purchase. Online it looked very silver, which hooked me to go see it. In real life it's 100% dependent on lighting whether it's a very sharp looking Atomic Silver or a very blah beige/champagne-ish. But I try not to let it get to me.
Old 10-25-23, 06:22 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Originally Posted by F3Woody
My color choice of Atomic Silver is a weak link in my overall satisfaction with my purchase. Online it looked very silver, which hooked me to go see it. In real life it's 100% dependent on lighting whether it's a very sharp looking Atomic Silver or a very blah beige/champagne-ish. But I try not to let it get to me.
Yeah - it's a gorgeous color IMO - when we bought my wife's RX, they parked white pearl and AS side by side and she decided on the the white for the exact reason you're describing.
Old 10-25-23, 06:55 AM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 523 Likes on 373 Posts

Funny how folks have different tastes. What I like about my Atomic Silver car is the coffee color beige tint that shows under certain lighting conditions. I tolerate the silver that reveals itself at other times. All in all I’m very pleased with it. Oddly enough, the metallic white was my second choice.
Old 10-25-23, 07:38 AM
Myshkyn
Pit Crew

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

"Eminent White Pearl . . The color’s origins stemmed from a young Lexus paint designer who sought to capture the wintry landscape at her childhood home on Japan’s northern island of Hokkaido." Now that I think about it, when viewing EWP in the sun, it does resemble the glistening of sunlit snow.
Old 10-25-23, 08:14 AM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 523 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Myshkyn
"Eminent White Pearl . . The color’s origins stemmed from a young Lexus paint designer who sought to capture the wintry landscape at her childhood home on Japan’s northern island of Hokkaido." Now that I think about it, when viewing EWP in the sun, it does resemble the glistening of sunlit snow.
That’s excellent marketing technique. Bet it helps sell a lot of units!
The following users liked this post:
F3Woody (10-25-23)
Old 10-25-23, 05:35 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 485 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
That is a great color - I almost bought my ES in that but was fearful it wouldn't age well so right back to white I went The blue is still gorgeous.
Can totally see why many "typical" ES buyers would avoid the F sport. To me, it looks way better inside and out without sacrificing the ride quality Lexus is known for.
GS350Miami (10-26-23)
Old 10-25-23, 05:40 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dezymond
Can totally see why many "typical" ES buyers would avoid the F sport. To me, it looks way better inside and out without sacrificing the ride quality Lexus is known for.
Yep - for me, it was FSport or another car just due to aesthetics. Not sure what the other car would have been but that was five years ago.
dezymond (10-25-23)
Old 10-25-23, 10:35 PM
robfrmsd
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

next car will be 'ultra white'!! so good with the black rims.
GS350Miami (10-26-23)
Old 10-26-23, 02:44 AM
ESAsh
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

Lexus paint really stands out in the parking lot. I didn't mind my moonbeam at first, certainly wouldn't have even been in my top 5 color choices if buying sight unseen, but now I have come to really like it, particularly after comparing to white, blue and grey ES300's. As much as I liked the blue, the moonbeam is similar to silver in that it accentuates the lines better than most colors, but I have had a couple silver cars, so I'm digging the extra color for a change. It's obviously the least sporty color so wouldn't suit an fsport, but maybe one of the most suited to the luxury.
Shaboom (10-26-23)
Old 10-26-23, 05:21 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by robfrmsd
next car will be 'ultra white'!! so good with the black rims.
Ultra White (My ES) I love but I prefer the graphite wheels.
The following 2 users liked this post by mikemu30:
FreddyG (10-29-23), GS350Miami (10-26-23)
Old 10-26-23, 08:41 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 1,050 Likes on 780 Posts

I have the black rims on my white RAV4 and I hate them.
Old 10-29-23, 12:40 PM
FreddyG
Intermediate

Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

I consider You fortunate to have Atomic Silver!

We have a 2022 Ultra Luxury ES350 in Eminent white pearl and I wish that they'd have offered her in Atomic Silver! That color is one of my favorites and I was a little disappointed that We couldn't order in that color. I like it just for the reasons that you mentioned (it changes shades according to the lighting and I Really like that). It's also a Very Classy color and is more of a pewter than a silver but Lexus had to name it something!
F3Woody (10-30-23)
Old 11-04-23, 12:51 PM
Rarewolf
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just saw this post today, so excuse my late reply.
I wanted to put in my opinion as well, with
#1 Sunlit Green.
Lexus did this colour dirty.
The pamphlets lied. It looks like a plain old military green but this color shines brighter then a lime Green car when it's the sun.

#2 Moonbeam Beige.
I was mostly partial to it because it reminded me of my two tone 98 ES300.
But I did get to see it in person.
This one radiates classy without screaming it in your face.
I would of be super happy with either of these.

#3 by a long run, super (ultra)sonic mica 2.0
Love the sapphire blue it is but definitely screams for attention.

thank you for reading.
I am done.
ESAsh (11-07-23)
Old 11-05-23, 07:19 AM
tfischer
Forum Moderator

Received 231 Likes on 170 Posts

My RC was "infrared" and really popped in the sunlight. After nine years I was still getting questions and compliments about the color.
(I traded it for an ES a few weeks ago, and the dealership immediately rolled it into the showroom for resale.)
It's one of the extra cost paint colors, and the last time I checked it was only available on the RC and the LC.
When parked in a lot, it made the other red cars look like they were done in primer.
I think the ultra sonic blue uses the same paint technique as the infrared, to give a deep and rich and seemingly variegated color.
Old 11-07-23, 06:34 PM
ES3504C
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FreddyG
I consider You fortunate to have Atomic Silver!

We have a 2022 Ultra Luxury ES350 in Eminent white pearl and I wish that they'd have offered her in Atomic Silver! That color is one of my favorites and I was a little disappointed that We couldn't order in that color. I like it just for the reasons that you mentioned (it changes shades according to the lighting and I Really like that). It's also a Very Classy color and is more of a pewter than a silver but Lexus had to name it something!
I have a 2019 ES 350 UL in Atomic Silver, Love, Love, Love the color, lots of compliments, looks different in bright sun, sun and shade. It's an easy color to maintain, amazing light reflection, definitely makes you look back after parking it. The first time I noticed atomic silver was on an LC 500 in Washington, D.C., that's the day I decided bye-bye Benz hello Lexus! I called Sheehy Lexus in Richmond, they had an Atomic Silver ES 350 UL, I purchased it on the phone, drove up that day to test drive it just to be sure, had it delivered the next day. Easiest purchase EVER in and out of the dealership in 67 minutes including the test drive. My first Lexus, eagerly awaiting the redesigned 2025 ES, hopefully it will be made in Japan.
The following 2 users liked this post by ES3504C:
FreddyG (11-08-23), july1988 (11-07-23)

Quick Reply: Seven Reasons Why Lexus Paint is Amazing