ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

2024 ES350 poor lighting issues.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-23, 11:00 AM
grp52
Instructor

Received 515 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by YumpinYiminy
Finally the trunk light. I fix that issue today. ...
While it is more pricey than your solution, adding the Lexus accessory illuminated trunk sill helps in illuminating the murky nooks and corners of the trunk interior. In addition to the illuminated LEXUS 350/300h branding the illuminated sill also has two forward pointing illumination LEDs that really light up the dim interior portions of the trunk especially so at night. The LEDs are mounted on the interior vertical portion of the sill with a LED located near the edge of the sill at about the maximum width of the trunk opening.
Old 12-11-23, 06:10 AM
YumpinYiminy
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by grp52
While it is more pricey than your solution, adding the Lexus accessory illuminated trunk sill helps in illuminating the murky nooks and corners of the trunk interior. In addition to the illuminated LEXUS 350/300h branding the illuminated sill also has two forward pointing illumination LEDs that really light up the dim interior portions of the trunk especially so at night. The LEDs are mounted on the interior vertical portion of the sill with a LED located near the edge of the sill at about the maximum width of the trunk opening.
Yes. Much more expensive and you would have to be lucky enough to have those arrive on a build that you can't custom order. Can they please just fix it. My 2013 Avalon had the same issue.
Old 12-11-23, 06:33 AM
ATL350
Advanced

Received 324 Likes on 200 Posts

Yes. Much more expensive and you would have to be lucky enough to have those arrive on a build that you can't custom order. Can they please just fix it. My 2013 Avalon had the same issue.
My dealer installed both door and trunk sill illumination kits for me when my car came in from the factory (I bought a 22 ES350 UL from their build list - and the only two things it didn't have were those two items). They look like like a factory install and make a huge difference. I also like the look of the ribbed protective metal plate in the trunk, looks much classier than plain old plastic that will scratch.
Old 12-11-23, 08:21 PM
YumpinYiminy
Pit Crew

Question Wiring Harness

Originally Posted by ATL350
My dealer installed both door and trunk sill illumination kits for me when my car came in from the factory (I bought a 22 ES350 UL from their build list - and the only two things it didn't have were those two items). They look like like a factory install and make a huge difference. I also like the look of the ribbed protective metal plate in the trunk, looks much classier than plain old plastic that will scratch.
I have another post on dealer and factor builds.
My question would be, do all builds come with the wiring harness to power them and the switch connection to turn them on and off? When they built the car, did they put special wiring in at the factory so the dealer could install them or did the dealer have to modify the wiring to put them in?
Old 12-12-23, 01:30 AM
grp52
Instructor

Received 515 Likes on 359 Posts

I have another post on dealer and factor builds.
My question would be, do all builds come with the wiring harness to power them and the switch connection to turn them on and off? When they built the car, did they put special wiring in at the factory so the dealer could install them or did the dealer have to modify the wiring to put them in?
All builds include wiring and connectors for installing illuminated door sills and illuminated trunk sill. No extra switches are required; the existing door and trunk illumination switches are used to control switching on and off the illuminated sills.

For the illuminated doorsills' connector location see page 7 of the Installation Instructions Illuminated Door Sills (pdf link). Here's a link to a .docx copy of Illuminated Trunk Sill instructions. (There are two version of the illuminated trunk sill - one for ES 350 and one for ES 300H. The difference is just 350 versus 300H in the illuminated lettering. The installation instructions are the same for both versions.)

A many have posted in various threads, if you're a DIYer and have a relatively short amount of time installing the illuminated door sills is a pretty quick and easy job. Installing the illuminated trunk sill is a bit more involved but still easily accomplished by a DIYer with basic tools.
The following 2 users liked this post by grp52:
ATL350 (12-12-23), YumpinYiminy (12-12-23)
Old 12-12-23, 05:44 AM
YumpinYiminy
Pit Crew

Thumbs up Good Info

Originally Posted by grp52
All builds include wiring and connectors for installing illuminated door sills and illuminated trunk sill. No extra switches are required; the existing door and trunk illumination switches are used to control switching on and off the illuminated sills.

For the illuminated doorsills' connector location see page 7 of the Installation Instructions Illuminated Door Sills (pdf link). Here's a link to a .docx copy of Illuminated Trunk Sill instructions. (There are two version of the illuminated trunk sill - one for ES 350 and one for ES 300H. The difference is just 350 versus 300H in the illuminated lettering. The installation instructions are the same for both versions.)

A many have posted in various threads, if you're a DIYer and have a relatively short amount of time installing the illuminated door sills is a pretty quick and easy job. Installing the illuminated trunk sill is a bit more involved but still easily accomplished by a DIYer with basic tools.
Thank you. Good information.
The reason I asked is that I was told by a Toyota dealer years ago that they could not install the wireless phone charger that was suppose to come with the car because it would be a different harness. I knew he was full of it because I worked in the electronic industry and it is rare that anyone would make a seperate harness per option package. Maybe per trim level.