Triple beam headlight and aftermarket sound system

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-23, 11:10 AM
YumpinYiminy
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by grp52
You need to shop around. Didn't take much searching to find a (triple beam) Composite Headlamp - Lexus (81145-33J71) you can steal for a mere $2,448.37.

But you're correct in that the much, much better steal is getting all the triple beam headlight hardware as a manufactured build option - 2024 (US) Lexus list price $1215.
Your going to have to pay for an Extra Luxury build. They are not building anything else with them even though it's an option on every trim. Errrr.
Old 12-14-23, 11:52 AM
BBQapple
Instructor

Received 409 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by YumpinYiminy
Your going to have to pay for an Extra Luxury build. They are not building anything else with them even though it's an option on every trim. Errrr.
that’s not true in Texas

I see triples on a lot of F Sport cars. Also dealer by me has a Lux (not ultra lux) with triples, I stopped scrolling when I saw this one they might have more
https://www.sewelllexus-dallas.com/n...49c6f3fb07.htm

Edit: they have quite a few Lux (not UL) with triple beams and almost all the FS have them as well. No base model with triples though.

Last edited by BBQapple; 12-14-23 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-14-23, 12:25 PM
YumpinYiminy
Pit Crew

Wink

Originally Posted by BBQapple
that’s not true in Texas

I see triples on a lot of F Sport cars. Also dealer by me has a Lux (not ultra lux) with triples, I stopped scrolling when I saw this one they might have more

Edit: they have quite a few Lux (not UL) with triple beams and almost all the FS have them as well. No base model with triples though.
I right now in upstate NY. There are no UL and only 1 Luxury car for sale for over 200 miles. Maybe 1 ES 250 maybe 2 ES 300h and a couple of F sports available. We also get crap interior and exterior color builds. 90% are black on black or white on black. I would bet that most of the south gets the lighter interior builds because you don't want to fry your butt off. On the other hand, I wonder if I can rent my black on black to funeral parlors. I have seen 1 car out of 40 that had them and it was a white w/black 300h UL that was spoken for.
Thanks for the Texas info.
Old 12-14-23, 01:00 PM
YumpinYiminy
Pit Crew

Talking

that’s not true in Texas

Ya - I looked at that dealership. They are a very high volume dealer. Looks like 90% of their on the lot stock is their either ES 350 or ES 350h. Priced from $5300 to $5800. Why so many F Sports? Not selling?
By the way, what is that extra $1800 protection package? Do they put it on when the car comes in or when they sell it? Sorry I don't have an oil well.
Old 12-14-23, 04:56 PM
BBQapple
Instructor

Originally Posted by YumpinYiminy
By the way, what is that extra $1800 protection package? Do they put it on when the car comes in or when they sell it? Sorry I don't have an oil well.
I bought mine at a different dealer last year because they agreed to sell to me without the add ons. I think Sewell puts on nose film and window tint and windshield treatment and “special” paint protection wax like stuff and charges 1800 for it.

Sewell wqs the original Lexus dealership at launch in the 80s and sells a lot, great service department and located close to the nice part of town on new car row. Been using them for service for ages but since I was paying cash the 1800 made enough difference to drive across town.

i think they put the package on at sale not upon arrival but not sure
Old 12-14-23, 07:42 PM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

that’s not true in Texas

that car for sale on Sewell doesn’t have the triple beam headlights ..
it’s just the photo and not on the option list!
Old 12-15-23, 09:49 AM
BBQapple
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mrbungle11
that car for sale on Sewell doesn’t have the triple beam headlights ..
it’s just the photo and not on the option list!
Thatvreally is inexcusable these days especially for a flagship Lexus dealership
Old 12-15-23, 01:03 PM
YumpinYiminy
Pit Crew

Talking

I bought mine at a different dealer last year because they agreed to sell to me without the add ons. I think Sewell puts on nose film and window tint and windshield treatment and “special” paint protection wax like stuff and charges 1800 for it.

Sewell wqs the original Lexus dealership at launch in the 80s and sells a lot, great service department and located close to the nice part of town on new car row. Been using them for service for ages but since I was paying cash the 1800 made enough difference to drive across town.

i think they put the package on at sale not upon arrival but not sure
The shady dealership in Buffalo does the same. I asked them why would I want paint protection and some kind of undercoating I never heard of? Salesman choking. I told him I detail my car every year or two with a clay treatment and hand wax. Even though I live in the rest belt, I am lucky enough to have a totally touchless car wash with a kick butt heated under spray.
I asked if it wouldn't look funny with that paint shield being waxed?