ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Triple beam headlight and aftermarket sound system

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-23, 07:31 AM
docbhn9
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Triple beam headlight and aftermarket sound system

Is it possible to add good , affordable brand triple beam headlights to my es350 and after market sound system.
what brands do you recommend?
Old 12-11-23, 07:45 AM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 485 Likes on 303 Posts

No aftermarket beats the OEM triple beam. I've seen users install aftermarket triple beam and while the aesthetics might be there the light output isn't even comparable to OEM. In my opinion, if you're going to go triple beam, do it right and get the OEM ones.

Morimoto make some great headlights for the 4runner from what I've seen, maybe they have a Lexus ES set? If so, that may be the best "affordable" option out there imo. Morimoto makes good stuff.

For aftermarket sound system, that's a pretty subjective matter. It depends really on what type of music you listen to and how it sounds to you. It's definitely possible to, I just don't have any recommendations as I haven't gone that route as I find the base sound system to be pretty good overall after some fine tuning in both the car and my phone.
The following users liked this post:
darkknightntpa (12-17-23)
Old 12-11-23, 08:12 AM
docbhn9
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy oem cheaper than dealership.

Any other place I can get oem triple beam headlights cheaper then dealership?
I can also give away in exhchange. My new oem headlights only 3500 miles used once I realized lace them with triple beam.

​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by dezymond
No aftermarket beats the OEM triple beam. I've seen users install aftermarket triple beam and while the aesthetics might be there the light output isn't even comparable to OEM. In my opinion, if you're going to go triple beam, do it right and get the OEM ones.

Morimoto make some great headlights for the 4runner from what I've seen, maybe they have a Lexus ES set? If so, that may be the best "affordable" option out there imo. Morimoto makes good stuff.

For aftermarket sound system, that's a pretty subjective matter. It depends really on what type of music you listen to and how it sounds to you. It's definitely possible to, I just don't have any recommendations as I haven't gone that route as I find the base sound system to be pretty good overall after some fine tuning in both the car and my phone.
Old 12-11-23, 08:40 AM
losiglow
Pit Crew

Received 107 Likes on 69 Posts

+1 or Morimoto. I've purchased two sets of foglights from Morimoto and they were stellar. One was for my 4th gen Acura TL and the other for my 1st gen Acura TSX. Both were a huge upgrade from stock.

There don't seem to be any vehicle specific lights that Morimoto offers for the 7th gen ES however. At least not that I can find on their website. I'm not sure what they'd offer anyways. To my knowledge, there are no OEM foglights for the 7th gen ES and the OEM headlights aren't easily upgradeable.
Old 12-11-23, 10:22 PM
BBQapple
Instructor

Received 409 Likes on 275 Posts

Wife has a 23 IS350 FS with triple beams and I have a 23 ES300h with the single lens “bi levels” and I can tell you the triples aren’t brighter or better.

If anything my bi levels are a tiny bit brighter and the triples are a tiny bit more even. It took probably a month to see the difference. You’re not missing anything, unless you just like the way they look to other motorists.

Also itbsucks the triples don’t have cornering lamps like the bi levels. For that alone I prefer the bi levels.
Old 12-12-23, 04:52 AM
scubapr
Intermediate

Received 176 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by BBQapple
Also itbsucks the triples don’t have cornering lamps like the bi levels. For that alone I prefer the bi levels.
Are you referring to the feature were headlights move as you turn? If so, I can confirm the triple beam headlights on my 300h have that feature. It lights up the path you're taking in advance and it's very noticeable.

Anyway OP, I'm 99.9% sure (bi / tri) headlights are not interchangeable. There's a full thread comparing them:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...eadlights.html

You can definitely upgrade speakers & subs, but it's not so DIY friendly. Checkout this thread:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...-speakers.html
Old 12-12-23, 05:02 AM
scubapr
Intermediate

Also, you can view the IIHS comparison here:
https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle...019#headlights
Old 12-12-23, 05:48 AM
ATL350
Advanced

Received 365 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by scubapr
Are you referring to the feature were headlights move as you turn? If so, I can confirm the triple beam headlights on my 300h have that feature. It lights up the path you're taking in advance and it's very noticeable.

Anyway OP, I'm 99.9% sure (bi / tri) headlights are not interchangeable. There's a full thread comparing them:

You can definitely upgrade speakers & subs, but it's not so DIY friendly. Checkout this thread:
Re: the cornering that is an additional lamp that comes on when you have your turn signal on and make a turn as a low speed - you can clearly see an additional illumination area to the left or right. It took me time to notice it as it really only helps on a darker street (you probably won't see it on a brightly lit main street). I love them; they remind me of the old ones you used to get on Cadillacs and similar old luxury cars, the big difference being that they are concealed in the headlamp housing and not on an exterior body panel.
The following 2 users liked this post by ATL350:
BBQapple (12-12-23), dklanecky1 (12-12-23)
Old 12-12-23, 06:22 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Absolutely the case - I have them in the ES. The triples are far superior to the standard lamps but probably still not worth the $ My wife's RX has the standard lamps and they work just fine.
Old 12-12-23, 06:39 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,307 Likes on 1,009 Posts

Upgrading audio is possible but not plug and play. Speakers, amps and head are all matched in a proprietary manner. Yes you can put in what you like and maybe your ears can't tell that it's not matched. Personally, I had replaced my dash tweeters with aftermarket which gave me brighter sound/efficiency. A little mounting customization was needed. I also put in a powered 10" subwoofer in the trunk from Rockford Fosgate. I just connected the inputs to the existing sub inputs. Very simplistic, but it satisfied me and was a DIY.
Old 12-12-23, 06:44 AM
BBQapple
Instructor

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Absolutely the case - I have them in the ES. The triples are far superior to the standard lamps but probably still not worth the $ My wife's RX has the standard lamps and they work just fine.
cornering lamps are NOT the same as the things that angle on bends in the road. The triple beams do NOT have cornering lamps.

how are triple beams “far superior” to bi level LEDs of the same generation? My wife has. 23 IS350 with triples and I have a 23 ES300h with bi levels. The bi levels are actually a tiny bit brighter plus they have cornering lamps which the triple beams don’t have. I’ll take that over the road curve servo adjustment. What year is your wife’s RX if you think the triples are far superior?
Old 12-12-23, 07:01 AM
BBQapple
Instructor

l
No I’m talking about the “cornering lamps” feature where a light illuminates at a 90’degree angle to the side for low speed turns. You’re talking about the “adaptive” curve lighting the triple beams have.

ifnyou were to drive current models with both kinds of headlights back to back at night like my wife and I own, you’d see the triple beams are not noticibly better on the road and in fact the triples seem a little bit less bright. And I always miss the cornering lamps when I drive my wife’s triple beam car at night I prefer the bi levels on my car.

i would happily trade her triple beams for bi levels with cornering lamps even if I couldn’t get the $1,000 back. Maybe if we lived in the hills with narrow winding roads I’d appreciate the adaptive curve triple beams more but in the city they’re slightly inferior.
scubapr (12-12-23)
Old 12-12-23, 10:21 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Originally Posted by BBQapple
cornering lamps are NOT the same as the things that angle on bends in the road. The triple beams do NOT have cornering lamps.

how are triple beams “far superior” to bi level LEDs of the same generation? My wife has. 23 IS350 with triples and I have a 23 ES300h with bi levels. The bi levels are actually a tiny bit brighter plus they have cornering lamps which the triple beams don’t have. I’ll take that over the road curve servo adjustment. What year is your wife’s RX if you think the triples are far superior?
You don't notice a difference for example turning into a driveway or turning on a dark street? I'm not sure what cornering lamps on the single beam lights are - I don't think my wife's RX has those. I'm referring to the triple beams ability to light up the side you are turning into whatever technical description that may be.
Old 12-12-23, 10:50 AM
scubapr
Intermediate

I don't know the difference between the Bi "Cornering Lamps" and the Tri "Adaptive Curve". But I have the Tri in my 2023 ES 300h and I do notice the illumination to the sides when turning or turn-signal. You can see the effect in the below video at 10:08 to 10:20

Last edited by scubapr; 12-12-23 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Typo
Myshkyn (12-12-23)
Old 12-12-23, 11:52 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I got the triple beam headlights
Deff a must buy for me!!
They fill in the headlights so perfectly unlike the single being headlight, which the DRL strips is too long for that one projector light.
Looks beautiful with the lights on or off fortunately 99.9% of all ES owners has single been headlight so my car stands out
I always buy my Cars with a headlight upgrades ( if available)it just makes a whole difference to me or any light upgrade on a car.

to the op what year headlights your looking for?? there’s two version available!!

Quick Reply: Triple beam headlight and aftermarket sound system