ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

OEM mud flaps?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-23, 04:44 AM
YumpinYiminy
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Question OEM mud flaps?

Does Lexus make OEM mud flaps for 2023 - 2024 ES cars? If not is the a good aftermarket replacement?
I live in the rust belt and had OEM's on my last 2 Toyotas. They really help for salt and stone damage.
Old 12-13-23, 04:49 AM
scubapr
Intermediate

Received 157 Likes on 116 Posts

Unfortunately not. There are some aftermarket but they all come in black with some painted in white. I still want them, but I want them in my car color. Still searching....
The following users liked this post:
YumpinYiminy (12-13-23)
Old 12-13-23, 06:59 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,289 Likes on 897 Posts

There are no OEM mud guards available. Some members have purchased aftermarket guards and had them painted the car color. I have them installed on my 2019 UL in black since 2019. They are very easy to install and they do save your paint. GOOD LUCK!

FreddyG (01-09-24)
Old 12-13-23, 10:49 AM
YumpinYiminy
Pit Crew

Smile Aftermarket mud flaps

Originally Posted by bc6152
There are no OEM mud guards available. Some members have purchased aftermarket guards and had them painted the car color. I have them installed on my 2019 UL in black since 2019. They are very easy to install and they do save your paint. GOOD LUCK!

My car is black so no painting. At least the OEM ones from Toyota came in the same body color.
? Do have a manufacturer's name? Easy to install or drill holes?
Old 12-13-23, 01:03 PM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by YumpinYiminy
My car is black so no painting. At least the OEM ones from Toyota came in the same body color.

i got mines on ebay I went to the item and ask the few sellers and some where like we have it in my color silver . So you can go to either AliExpress or ebay click on the item and just ask the seller !!
it’s came painted ready to installed
Old 12-14-23, 11:15 AM
YumpinYiminy
Pit Crew

Talking

Originally Posted by Mrbungle11
i got mines on ebay I went to the item and ask the few sellers and some where like we have it in my color silver . So you can go to either AliExpress or ebay click on the item and just ask the seller !!
it’s came painted ready to installed
Ya, I've been internet searching. Looked at AliExpress. I don't know where they get the "express". Shipped from China and over a month wait time for delivery.
Old 12-14-23, 11:26 AM
Mrbungle11
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Ya, I've been internet searching. Looked at AliExpress. I don't know where they get the "express". Shipped from China and over a month wait time for delivery.
AliExpress i order there all the time the most is two weeks to my door. Also can you pay after you receive the package they have a pay later option

Now eBay items shipped from China is about that time slot!
Old 12-14-23, 11:42 AM
BBQapple
Instructor

Received 410 Likes on 276 Posts

Texas is hardly a utopia but I’m sure glad I don’t have to worry about stuff like this and snow tires! Although I guess people who drive gravel roads also would benefit from mud flaps.
Old 12-15-23, 10:44 AM
FastDawg
Pit Crew

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts
Talking

I call them splash guards. Mud flaps go on pickup trucks.
bc6152 (12-15-23)
Old 12-15-23, 10:52 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BBQapple
Texas is hardly a utopia but I’m sure glad I don’t have to worry about stuff like this and snow tires! Although I guess people who drive gravel roads also would benefit from mud flaps.
No snow in Texas (mostly) however I'll take the snow anytime over snowball size hail... Another member in San Antonio had his new 350 hit by hail and wound up getting his whole car repainted - which had a bad ending...
Old 12-15-23, 10:56 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

The fronts required no drilling. Existing screw holes lined up. Use stainless screws if you do the job. The rears required one hole to be drilled IIRC but the rear quarter is plastic so no rust worries. GOOD LUCK!
Old 12-15-23, 11:16 AM
BBQapple
Instructor

Received 410 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152
No snow in Texas (mostly) however I'll take the snow anytime over snowball size hail... Another member in San Antonio had his new 350 hit by hail and wound up getting his whole car repainted - which had a bad ending...
Don’t forget tornadoes!
Old 12-15-23, 01:16 PM
YumpinYiminy
Pit Crew

Lightbulb Cheap Protection

Originally Posted by BBQapple
If you grew up driving in the snow than you really don't need snow tires. A really good all season directional tire or the newer "All Weather" tires works fine. They also tend to stone a road instead of new pavement. Stoned road is stone put over tar. Messy for a month or so until enough traffic grinds the stone in.
So for a small cost it can help keep your car from rusting and getting stone scratches. I also under wash my car after the roads dry from snow and salt.
Anyway it's not that big of a deal.
bc6152 (12-15-23)
Old 12-15-23, 01:31 PM
scubapr
Intermediate

Received 157 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrbungle11
i got mines on ebay I went to the item and ask the few sellers and some where like we have it in my color silver . So you can go to either AliExpress or ebay click on the item and just ask the seller !! it’s came painted ready to installed
Do you have the seller that provided the painting service? Thanks.
Old 12-17-23, 03:42 PM
darkknightntpa
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have just started thinking about adding mudflaps to my 2023... They definitely help reduce rock chips and stuff like that... What manufacturer or website did you use?

Quick Reply: OEM mud flaps?