ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Anticipated price reduction for 7th Gen when MY 2025 releases?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-23, 02:06 AM
RudimentarySpoon
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anticipated price reduction for 7th Gen when MY 2025 releases?

I'm not too familiar with Lexus, but I am with Ford. Whenever a new generation comes out, the prior generation, both the new and used, but especially used, significantly drops in value.
With the 8th generation/2025 model year coming out sometime in 2024, possibly in the summer (assuming they hold the same release schedule as the 2024 model year), then how much of a value drop of the 7th generation es 300h is expected? I'd be looking to get most likely a 2019 model this year after the 8th generation releases.
Old 12-22-23, 05:47 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,300 Likes on 905 Posts

Usually as the model year progresses the previous models drop down a year and the price drops along with it. I would think that this is true for all makes including Lexus. GOOD LUCK!
The following users liked this post:
RudimentarySpoon (12-22-23)
Old 12-22-23, 06:33 AM
ATL350
Advanced

Received 347 Likes on 212 Posts

It if follows other models the price drop probably will occur. Many of us, however, do not look eagerly to the next generation for it will mean the demise of the V-6 engine and the arrival of buzzy turbo-4's, similar to what happened with the RX. I wonder if anyone has looked at what happened to RX sales and values when that situation occurred? I realize that most people really don't care all that much, and a good portion of the driving public neither really knows or even cares what's under the hood, so I suspect the standard decline will be the case.
RudimentarySpoon (12-22-23)
Old 12-22-23, 06:38 AM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 486 Likes on 344 Posts

I enjoyed a $2,000 Lexus corporate rebate in January 2021 when I bought my new 2021 ES 350 during the depths of the Covid induced car sales slump. My point is that in my opinion a Lexus rebate may become available to clear the 2024’s around release time of the Gen 8.. A total 10% discount from MSRP was not uncommon at that time and I benefitted from that. Maybe that will be the scenario when the Gen 8 comes out (I assume MY 2025 will be the year for Gen 8, though that’s considered not yet absolutely certain).
Old 12-22-23, 03:27 PM
minotaar
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

I for one think they will tame the buzzy turbo 4 cylinders and make their noise profile better. And there are too many people obsessed with engine noise; that is an influencer thing.
Old 12-22-23, 03:38 PM
Shaboom
Racer

Originally Posted by minotaar
I for one think they will tame the buzzy turbo 4 cylinders and make their noise profile better. And there are too many people obsessed with engine noise; that is an influencer thing.
Hope you’re right but I’d sorely miss the idyllic quietude of this V-6 engine if the new arrangement doesn’t match it. That and the smooth luxury ride are what’s so special about this car for me.
Don’t need “modern” and “new improved!”
Old 12-22-23, 04:18 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 943 Likes on 593 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaboom
Hope you’re right but I’d sorely miss the idyllic quietude of this V-6 engine if the new arrangement doesn’t match it. That and the smooth luxury ride are what’s so special about this car for me.
Don’t need “modern” and “new improved!”
I'm the wrong person to speak about others who aren't as obsessive as I am. But the example of the RX is a clear indication that Lexus engineers have not found a way to negate the laws of physics; V6 engines are inherently smoother than inline 4's, and the next ES with a turbo 4 will rival the power, but not the smoothness, of the outgoing V6.
The following 3 users liked this post by LexFinally:
dklanecky1 (12-23-23), FastDawg (12-23-23), kingofire (12-23-23)
Old 12-22-23, 04:52 PM
ATL350
Advanced

Received 347 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFinally
I'm the wrong person to speak about others who aren't as obsessive as I am. But the example of the RX is a clear indication that Lexus engineers have not found a way to negate the laws of physics; V6 engines are inherently smoother than inline 4's, and the next ES with a turbo 4 will rival the power, but not the smoothness, of the outgoing V6.
Toyota/Lexus, with all their ability, has been strangely amiss in this regard. It’s not really negating physics but designing better engine balancing and isolation. The Germans have been able to better balance their fours and I can’t believe Toyota can’t figure it out if they wanted to. That four was the biggest criticism of the RX by Savage Geese in their review.
Old 12-22-23, 05:56 PM
Shaboom
Racer

My turbo 4 Audi is nice and smooth. Sounds like you’re perfectly right. It CAN be done.
Old 12-22-23, 07:23 PM
RudimentarySpoon
Rookie

My main thing is that if there is no meaningful drop (to counteract the drop in value for my focus) from now until whenever the 25 MY comes out, then I would essentially lose money by waiting (and possibly having a pool of vehicles to pick from with more miles on them). Hard to quantify, I am sure.

Hopefully I can get a good 2019 or 2020 luxury trim! If not, then base it is. I would say 9/10 on carvana or carmax are all base models. Aiming for a lease return and one from a state that doesn't have terrible weather.
Old 12-22-23, 08:24 PM
Shaboom
Racer

My 2021 Base with Premium package and four or five options is perfect for me. Hope you’ll find a well cared for unit with the extras you want on it. (Power trunk and spoiler are my two favorite extras!)
Old 12-22-23, 10:42 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 536 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by RudimentarySpoon
Hopefully I can get a good 2019 or 2020 luxury trim! If not, then base it is. I would say 9/10 on carvana or carmax are all base models. Aiming for a lease return and one from a state that doesn't have terrible weather.
truecar.com has more listings for used 2019 and 2020 Lexus ES350 Luxury and Ultra Luxury models. (111 when I checked while composing this posting.) If you plug in a location at or near your location, you'll get distance to the car's location and in some cases estimated shipping cost to a location near you.

I wouldn't put much credulence in truecar's vehicle details/features listing. The few listings I looked at for vehicle details the detail listing looked like a non-specific list of generic features common to all ESs.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a used vehicle through any of those on-line used car selling sites. Without physically inspecting the vehicle before buying it, you have no idea what's you're getting for your money. Rather, use those sites for enhanced location search engines for used Lexuses. Once you've got location prospects where a used Lexus ES might be found then search that location for that vehicle's local seller and then deal directly with that local seller.
The following 2 users liked this post by grp52:
bc6152 (12-23-23), dklanecky1 (12-23-23)
Old 12-22-23, 10:50 PM
RudimentarySpoon
Rookie

Originally Posted by grp52
truecar.com has more listings for used 2019 and 2020 Lexus ES350 Luxury and Ultra Luxury models. (111 when I checked while composing this posting.) If you plug in a location at or near your location, you'll get distance to the car's location and in some cases estimated shipping cost to a location near you.

I wouldn't put much credulence in truecar's vehicle details/features listing. The few listings I looked at for vehicle details the detail listing looked like a non-specific list of generic features common to all ESs.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a used vehicle through any of those on-line used car selling sites. Without physically inspecting the vehicle before buying it, you have no idea what's you're getting for your money. Rather, use those sites for enhanced location search engines for used Lexuses. Once you've got location prospects where a used Lexus ES might be found then search that location for that vehicle's local seller and then deal directly with that local seller.
I am looking mainly only at the 300h right now, but I totally forgot about truecar. Good reminder! Every additional source helps!
Old 12-23-23, 12:31 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 760 Posts

Now the question is, where is the 8ES? No mules, no prototypes…
TheGreenLantern (12-23-23)
Old 12-23-23, 06:24 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,300 Likes on 905 Posts

If one decides to buy a car from Truecar, the dealers that are recommended must pay Truecar a fee if a sale occurs. Some years ago it was $400.00 for the lead and has probably increased by now. Guess who pays the fee? YOU... . Plus as GRP52 states I wouldn't buy a car sight unseen anyway...
The following 2 users liked this post by bc6152:
RudimentarySpoon (12-23-23), YumpinYiminy (12-23-23)

Quick Reply: Anticipated price reduction for 7th Gen when MY 2025 releases?