2019 ES350 Run flat tires?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-24, 08:07 AM
YumpinYiminy
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by brucelee1
Hi all,
Am thinking of buying a 2019 ES350. Did they come with Run Flats or regular tires?

Thanks,

Rich
None of the ES 7th Gen trims have run flat tires. I think the LC 500 does. I guess I could see it on cars that don't carry a spare, but they are crazy expensive to replace.
Old 01-24-24, 08:50 AM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 495 Likes on 352 Posts

[QUOTE=YumpinYiminy;11656051]None of the ES 7th Gen trims have run flat tires. I think the LC 500 does. I guess I could see it on cars that don't carry a spare, but they are crazy expensive to replace.[/

When it’s time for new tires, you can replace all four with standard run flats, right?
Old 01-24-24, 09:01 AM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Nope. I will stick with the more comfortable tire.
The following users liked this post:
LexFinally (01-24-24)
Old 01-25-24, 10:41 AM
YumpinYiminy
Pit Crew

[QUOTE=Shaboom;11656084]
Originally Posted by YumpinYiminy
None of the ES 7th Gen trims have run flat tires. I think the LC 500 does. I guess I could see it on cars that don't carry a spare, but they are crazy expensive to replace.[/

When it’s time for new tires, you can replace all four with standard run flats, right?
Yes - Just try to keep the same size. Or at least the same dia. otherwise your speedo will be off.
Old 01-25-24, 12:44 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 554 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by alextv
The Lexus roadside is covered only if it is an item still in warranty like power train.
That isn't correct. That's a condition only on the complementary service "Travel Protection" for both new and L/Certified used vehicles. From the XXXX Lexus ES 350, ES 250 Warranty and Services Guide:
​​​​​​​Travel Protection
• All travel protection benefits are valid only if your vehicle becomes inoperable due to mechanical failure of a covered component. Valid receipts will be required for reimbursement.
and from the L/CERTIFIED BY LEXUS WARRANTY SUPPLEMENT AND ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE GUIDE:
​​​​​​​TRAVEL PROTECTION
If necessitated by an emergency warrantable condition, ...

For L/Certified used vehicles only, the condition also applies to Roadside Assistance's towing component. Also from the L/CERTIFIED GUIDE :
TOWING
Towing charges to the nearest authorized Lexus dealer will be reimbursed if necessitated by a warrantable vehicle condition.
Except for the L/Certified used vehicles' towing warranty condition, there's no warranty restricting condition on Roadside Assistance including for the usual things such as jump starts, flat tire help, etc.
Old 01-25-24, 01:21 PM
alextv
Instructor

Received 186 Likes on 163 Posts

Don't quite understand what you are saying. The roadside assistance coverage is for 48 mths which includes tire change. After that towing is covered due to a failure of a warranted part which would not cover a tire change. This is my quote from above "Haven't looked lately but think that is a courtesy covered under basic warranty of 48 mths. After that the towing etc would have to be caused by an item under warranty. After the 48 I got it through my insurance co."
Old 01-26-24, 12:00 PM
YumpinYiminy
Pit Crew

Lightbulb

Don't quite understand what you are saying. The roadside assistance coverage is for 48 mths which includes tire change. After that towing is covered due to a failure of a warranted part which would not cover a tire change. This is my quote from above "Haven't looked lately but think that is a courtesy covered under basic warranty of 48 mths. After that the towing etc would have to be caused by an item under warranty. After the 48 I got it through my insurance co."
Ok - Now I'm confused. Is this conversation about the "SOS" Safety Connect? I thought you get a 10 year trial with the 12.3" infotainment screen upgrade. As well as Service Connect for 10 years. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Service Connect was a fancy way to get your dealer maintenance service on your vehicle (I know it's not an extended warrantee).
I'll have to read the small print on the SOS function. My 2013 Avalon Limited had I think a 3 year trial of Safety Connect (SOS). After that you had to pay for the service on a annual basis. It covered towing and roadside assistance. I used it twice and just hit the SOS button. I never paid anything other than the subscription.
Speaking of Toyotas. I thought I saw on YouTube that Toyota customers were complaining about having to pay for "NAV Assistant" after the trial period. I think the compromise from Toyota was that if you subscribed (paid) to any connected service they included the "Nav Assistant". I haven't heard of Lexus doing the same.
Anybody in the know?
Old 01-26-24, 04:46 PM
grp52
Instructor

That wasn't the quote I was commenting on.
Old 01-26-24, 06:58 PM
grp52
Instructor

Ok - Now I'm confused. Is this conversation about the "SOS" Safety Connect?...
There are two category bins for the SOS button. One is the bog standard 48 month long (for new vehicles) Roadside Assistance connection to the Lexus Safety Connect response center. The other is Safety Connect's "Enhanced Roadside Assistance" which requires an active Safety Connect subscription (either trial or paid) for a working connection to the Lexus Safety Connect response center, but the "Enhanced" part is just using GPS technology in determining your vehicle's location to pass on to the service provider. However, I think if you don't have an "active" Roadside Assistance the Lexus Safety Connect response center will just offer provider options for the service you need and whatever you choose you'll be responsible for paying for it (towing charges for longer than 48 month term warranty covered breakdowns excepted). Or at least that's what I think the Lexus support article WHAT IS LEXUS ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE?:
If you should find yourself in need of Roadside Assistance please do one of the following:
3. Regardless of years of ownership or mileage on the vehicle, if you have an active Safety Connect subscription utilize the Enhanced Roadside Assistance by pressing the "SOS" button to reach the response center and the agent can provide you with a wide range of needs like towing, flat tire repair and fuel delivery just to name a few.
means.
... I thought you get a 10 year trial with the 12.3" infotainment screen upgrade. As well as Service Connect for 10 years. ...
I'll have to read the small print on the SOS function. My 2013 Avalon Limited had I think a 3 year trial of Safety Connect (SOS). After that you had to pay for the service on a annual basis. It covered towing and roadside assistance. I used it twice and just hit the SOS button. I never paid anything other than the subscription.
The Safety Connect trial period for the ES has varied between 3 years and 10 years. For a year or two (2022 and maybe 2021) the trial period was two years and outside that period it has been 10 years.

Safety Connect covers more than just using the SOS button to connect to the Lexus Safety Connect response center for help. It includes STOLEN VEHICLE LOCATER, ENHANCED ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE, EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE BUTTON (SOS), and AUTOMATIC COLLISION NOTIFICATION (as the My Lexus Connected Technology web page categorizes the components).

Speaking of Toyotas. I thought I saw on YouTube that Toyota customers were complaining about having to pay for "NAV Assistant" after the trial period. I think the compromise from Toyota was that if you subscribed (paid) to any connected service they included the "Nav Assistant". I haven't heard of Lexus doing the same....
Lexus has/does charge for that.

For model years 2019 to 2022, Destination Assist (for Navigation equipped ESs) is $80 per year after the 1 year trial period. Since it isn't much more than having a Lexus support drone look up a desired destination using a web search engine and then downloading the location into the vehicle's navigation system probably not that many people continue on with paying for it after the trial period.

For model years 2023 and later, Destination Assist is bundled in with the Drive Connect subscription which is $16 per month after the (if any) trial subscription period expiration. So, even though there's isn't a separately cancellable charge for it one is still paying for it with a paid Drive Connect subscription.

​​​​​​​
YumpinYiminy (01-27-24)
Old 01-28-24, 04:24 AM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Boy, did this post go sideways or what?

YumpinYiminy (01-29-24)