ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Anyone purchased out of state and had shipped?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-24, 06:50 PM
caverman
Instructor

Received 194 Likes on 120 Posts
Default Anyone purchased out of state and had shipped?

I'm struggling to find an ES any where near me that checks the boxes I'm looking for. However, I've found one or two out of state. Not saying I would buy sight unseen from out of state but those that have, what tips would you have? If I found anything within about 5 hours of me then I would go fly there and drive it back but the ones I've found are like 14+ hours away.
Old 03-25-24, 08:34 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 484 Likes on 302 Posts

When I was in the process of buying I was looking at a few ES out of state. I had specifically asked for video footage of the vehicle with the VIN number being displayed from different areas of the car in the video to ensure that was the vehicle I was in negotiations about with the sales team.
Old 03-25-24, 08:47 PM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 519 Likes on 370 Posts

I’m in PA and found a new car at a North Carolina dealership. I went to my PA dealership and bought it through him. He had it trucked up at his expense and sent a unit back to the NC dealership. They do it often. Let the dealer arrange and execute the transfer. He’s a professional and that avoids you the time, effort and expense of doing it yourself.
The following 3 users liked this post by Shaboom:
FastDawg (03-26-24), FreddyG (03-28-24), july1988 (03-25-24)
Old 03-26-24, 03:37 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Very few dealers do dealer transfers more than a couple of hundred miles. They all have a few old men sitting around in the morning waiting to catch a dealer transfer. Most dealers won’t transfer further than their drivers can get to and get back before the business day is over. Very few will send a flatbed and if they do they usually cha4ge the customer. The only site unseen ones I have bought were new. The easiest do it yourself way I found was to use a free account with uship.com Always a simple process Put your requirement up at least 72 hrs in a$vance and wait for the bids to come in. Read the reviews on ea shipper and make your selection.if I was buying used this way I would make sure my salesperson took a full video (including undercarriage) and sent it to me before signing anything. Hopefully you will have seen the carfax before proceeding. I would feel more comfortable if it was a CPO.
Old 03-26-24, 05:57 AM
ndunn
Pit Crew

Received 84 Likes on 57 Posts

They all have the same maxed out option packages the only variable is color. I would be patient and wait for the right color and trim level all else is the same. Lexus builds them as they choose tosses them out to the dealer network for the customers to scramble over. Take it or leave it mentality.
Old 03-26-24, 07:07 AM
veeinc
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 46 Posts

I live in Texas but purchased my car from a Lexus dealer in Illinois because they had the specific color and features that I was looking for. They were very helpful and sent over plenty of pictures and videos to help me make my decision. When I finally made the decision to purchase, they even helped me find a reliable person to ship the car to Texas.
Old 03-26-24, 08:04 AM
FastDawg
Pit Crew

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts

I built my 2024 on the Lexus configurator and gave it to the salesperson at my Lexus dealer in N Atlanta. She went online and found the exact same build in Augusta - three hours away - but by the time her GM called it had sold. A day later she called and told me that she had found another one identical to my build in New Orleans. After a few days of the GMs haggling back and forth on a swap, my dealer sent the Lexus he agreed to swap to New Orleans on a flatbed and brought mine back.

Lexus doesn’t allow dealers to drive new cars back and forth hence the flatbed. Mine arrived with four miles on it and was in my garage a few days later. The dealer charged me nothing for the swap and I got $2500 off MSRP. It can happen if the dealer wants your business.
Old 03-26-24, 09:53 AM
caverman
Instructor

Received 194 Likes on 120 Posts

I guess I should have mentioned that at least so far, the ones I've found are not at an actual Lexus dealer. One was at a large 3rd party dealer (2021 F Sport) and the other was at a Dodge Ram dealer (2022 Luxury). I'm looking to buy used but hopefully no older than a 2021. I'm not sure I'm going to be willing to buy sight unseen especially if it's not through a Lexus dealer but Red Mica, which is our number one color, is not nearly as popular and then throw on items like wanting triple beam lights and ML system, they don't seem to be an easy find.

I'm planning on making it to a Lexus dealer this weekend to drive not only an F Sport but also hoping to drive a '21 vs '22 or '23 so I can see if the touch screen is something I need to put more on the top of my list. I'm also hoping I can hear a Mark Levenson vs non-Levenson system to determine it's value on my list as well. I would like to look at triple beam lights vs standard but we won't be there at night to get the true effect of the lights.
Old 03-26-24, 09:56 AM
losiglow
Pit Crew

Received 106 Likes on 68 Posts

I bought a '22 in Arizona and had it shipped to Utah. Cost about $700. I asked the dealer to take additional photos of a few sections of the car where I had questions. It was a Nissan dealer. The car was a trade-in. They were fine answering additional questions and taking photos. Overall the process was pretty straightforward.
The following users liked this post:
caverman (03-26-24)