ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

What's included in Accessory Package 2?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-24, 01:51 PM
caverman
Instructor

Received 194 Likes on 120 Posts
Default What's included in Accessory Package 2?

Sorry for all of the questions but I'm trying to narrow down a couple cars. One I've seen listed as Premium package and another I've seen listed with Accessory Package 2. I've tried researching online but haven't quite found what all of that means. I think I saw where Premium includes heated seats, mirrors, and steering wheel but I'm finding nothing on Accessory Package 2.
Old 03-26-24, 09:31 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 536 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by caverman
Sorry for all of the questions but I'm trying to narrow down a couple cars. One I've seen listed as Premium package and another I've seen listed with Accessory Package 2. I've tried researching online but haven't quite found what all of that means. I think I saw where Premium includes heated seats, mirrors, and steering wheel but I'm finding nothing on Accessory Package 2.
Lexus used to bundle up several accessories into an accessory package. My 2019 Lexus ES 350 Ultra Luxury had a group of accessories listed as a single priced entry on the window sticker. The group was Trunk Mat/Cargo Net/Whl Locks/Rr Bumper App/Glove. (Whl Locks - wheel locks; Rr Bumper App - rear bumper appliqué; Glove - key gloves). In some the previous earlier years (I can't recall the specific details and when Lexus stopped doing it) Lexus listed in the web site's build configurator bundles of accessory offerings as accessory packages. It may have been carpeted floor and trunk mats plus a few other things made up one accessory package offering and all weather floor and trunk liners plus a few other things made up another accessory package offering.

That's what Accessory Package 2 is - a bundled set of accessories similarly packaged like those I listed for my 2019 Lexus ES 350 Ultra Luxury.
The following users liked this post:
caverman (03-27-24)
Old 03-27-24, 04:42 AM
caverman
Instructor

Originally Posted by grp52
Lexus used to bundle up several accessories into an accessory package. My 2019 Lexus ES 350 Ultra Luxury had a group of accessories listed as a single priced entry on the window sticker. The group was Trunk Mat/Cargo Net/Whl Locks/Rr Bumper App/Glove. (Whl Locks - wheel locks; Rr Bumper App - rear bumper appliqué; Glove - key gloves). In some the previous earlier years (I can't recall the specific details and when Lexus stopped doing it) Lexus listed in the web site's build configurator bundles of accessory offerings as accessory packages. It may have been carpeted floor and trunk mats plus a few other things made up one accessory package offering and all weather floor and trunk liners plus a few other things made up another accessory package offering.

That's what Accessory Package 2 is - a bundled set of accessories similarly packaged like those I listed for my 2019 Lexus ES 350 Ultra Luxury.
Thanks. I haven't found out specifically what's in Accessory Package 2 but after talking to the dealer last night it sounds like to me the Accessory package are things like heated memory seats and steering wheel. I'm assuming the package 2 is rounding it out with things like HUD, ML stereo, and trunk mat/cargo mesh, etc. The one I'm currently looking at is an F Sport w/Accessory 2 and seems to have just about every extra option offered except for the panoramic roof.
Old 03-27-24, 05:23 AM
MAMOSKO
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

What was the cost associated with accessory package 2?
Old 03-27-24, 07:15 AM
caverman
Instructor

Originally Posted by MAMOSKO
What was the cost associated with accessory package 2?
I don't know that answer. I'm buying used but I might get the break downs if I actually buy this one.
Old 03-27-24, 07:33 AM
MAMOSKO
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Understood. The pricing would certainly be helpful to understand whether that package was major or minor. Best of luck in your quest.
Old 03-27-24, 07:47 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Thanks. I haven't found out specifically what's in Accessory Package 2 but after talking to the dealer last night it sounds like to me the Accessory package are things like heated memory seats and steering wheel. I'm assuming the package 2 is rounding it out with things like HUD, ML stereo, and trunk mat/cargo mesh, etc. The one I'm currently looking at is an F Sport w/Accessory 2 and seems to have just about every extra option offered except for the panoramic roof.
NO PANO roofs on FSport models. If you find one, it's a collector car
Old 03-27-24, 10:40 AM
grp52
Instructor

Originally Posted by mikemu30
NO PANO roofs on FSport models. If you find one, it's a collector car
Starting with the 2023 model year panoramic glass roof is an add-on option for the ES 350 F Sport Design model type.

I don't have a clue as to how many Lexus may have built with that build configuration but according to the (US) Lexus ES web site it is a possible build configuration,
The following users liked this post:
mikemu30 (03-27-24)
Old 03-27-24, 11:29 AM
grp52
Instructor

Features such as Heated and ventilated front seats; (F SPORT) heated leather-trimmed steering wheel, windshield wiper de-icer and fast-response interior heate; 10.2-in Head-Up Display; and Mark Levinson stereo system have never been categorized as (this generation) Lexus ES accessories. On the original window sticker, things like that would have been listed as a feature of a Premium Package, Luxury features, Ultra Luxury features, F Sport features or as a separately listed installed option. (As I previously indicated accessories are things like wheel locks, key gloves, floor mats, etc.)

One of the banes of used car shopping is used car listings are a crap shoot as to how accurately a listing matches up to the actual vehicle being sold. Even some Lexus dealers selling used Lexuses have problems with listing accuracy for used Lexuses.