ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Remote start via the Lexus App

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-24, 07:08 AM
Kavorka
4th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by es250fsport
I don't have Remote Connect under subscriptions.
I only have Lexus Connected (Emergency)
Lexus Connected
Lexus Connected+
Hmm? Mine under a header of Trial Services shows remote connect, safety connect, service connect and drive connect individually with the expiration date.

https://www.servcolexus.com/on/deman...hart_Final.pdf

Looks like your 2022 should have a three year trial. Not sure how that works as you bought it used and you are an Aussie.. Under subscriptions in the app what shows up if you press the add services button?

Last edited by Kavorka; 04-04-24 at 07:13 AM.
The following users liked this post:
es250fsport (04-04-24)
Old 04-04-24, 07:12 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,306 Likes on 909 Posts

I guess that your alternative here is to contact the tech person at your dealer and ask for assistance. I think that you should have both capabilities - key fob RS and app RS at this point with a paid subscription.

GOOD LUCK mate...
es250fsport (04-04-24)
Old 04-04-24, 07:14 AM
es250fsport
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

I cannot add any subscriptions.
I also do not have any expiry date for the subscriptions I mentioned above. They expire in 2033 or when Telstra(Australian Telco) decides to shut down the 4G network.
Originally Posted by Kavorka
Hmm? Mine under a header of Trial Services shows remote connect, safety connect, service connect and drive connect individually with the expiration date.

Looks like your 2022 should have a three year trial. Not sure how that works as you bought it used. Under subscriptions in the app what shows up if you press the add services button?
Old 04-04-24, 08:40 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 722 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by Kavorka

Looks like your 2022 should have a three year trial. Not sure how that works as you bought it used and you are an Aussie.. Under subscriptions in the app what shows up if you press the add services button?
The length of the various trials, as well as the Enform capabilities may vary by country. We have seen that right here in North America after comparing US and Canadian cars. Your best advice will likely come from another user in your region, or perhaps a local dealer. Since most people posting here seem to be from North America, our comments will definitely have a NA bias…
es250fsport (04-18-24)
Old 04-04-24, 10:57 AM
grp52
Instructor

Received 568 Likes on 399 Posts

I cannot add any subscriptions.
I also do not have any expiry date for the subscriptions I mentioned above. They expire in 2033 or when Telstra(Australian Telco) decides to shut down the 4G network.
As TechNut mentioned above, procedures and features can vary by country. While there are forum participants from multiple countries around the world, the majority of forum participants are US residents and will respond with a US sold Lexus perspective unless the requestor for assistance/advice makes known there's a country difference (e.g., user account profile or explicitly in a request for help posting). While not all respondents will readily pick up on the country difference, that bit of information is usually essential in getting information relevant to a specific country.

That said, according to (Lexus Australia) THE LEXUS CONNECTED APP - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
WHAT IS THE COST OF THE LEXUS CONNECTED APP?

Lexus Connected app is complimentary for the first 3 years of ownership starting from the time the vehicle is first registered. After which the owner may choose to either continue, or discontinue the services.

In the case of purchasing a Lexus dealer demo model or used connected vehicle, the remaining complimentary period balance will be automatically transferred to the new owner.
In the "HOW DO I FINALISE APP SETUP AND ACTIVATE CONNECTED SERVICES?" FAQ, I see that unlike US management of the "Remote" subscription service there is an additional step (see step 11.) to activate "Activate Connected Services".

IIRC, you purchased your ES 250 as a used vehicle. If so there's this guidance in another FAQ:
• If you have just purchased a used or demo vehicle please contact your Lexus dealer for further assistance.

Your Lexus Dealer is the first point of contact for initial Lexus Connected app registration and setup queries.
If all else fails, there's a Lexus Australia phone number and e-mail address mentioned in the above FAQ that you can contact for assistance.

Distilled down, the remainder of the 3 year complementary Lexus Connected app use/subscription should have automatically been transferred to you. Since you can't add a subscription or see an expiration date on any subscription, I suspect something didn't work right with either the transfer to you of the vehicle's complementary Lexus Connected app subscription or in adding/registering the vehicle to your (hopefully correctly set up) account.

Last edited by grp52; 04-04-24 at 10:58 AM. Reason: fixed a typo
es250fsport (04-05-24)
Old 04-18-24, 05:36 AM
es250fsport
Intermediate

It looks like build date August 2022 onwards have this feature...
Old 04-18-24, 05:42 AM
es250fsport
Intermediate

Mine missed it by 7 months....
Old 04-18-24, 05:54 AM
es250fsport
Intermediate

I don't understand how your 2019 ES can remote start but my 2022 cannot!
I guess different geolocations get different features?
Old 04-18-24, 04:13 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 568 Likes on 399 Posts

I don't understand how your 2019 ES can remote start but my 2022 cannot!
I guess different geolocations get different features?
No guessing about it.

According to the Australian version of the ES multimedia manuals, Australian sold ESs didn't even get a Data Communication Module (DCM) needed for a vehicle built-in cellular network connection to the outside world until August 2021. (You need DCM provided communication for remote start functionality.) US sold ESs had DCMs on the first vehicle off of the assembly line in 2018. I don't know the real reason it took so long to equip Australian ES models with DCMs but I suspect it was probably getting permissions and contractual arrangements made with one or more Australian telecommunication firms for countrywide cellular network connectivity.

There's some US 2019 ES owners who're still peeved at US Lexus for not offering an Android Auto firmware upgrade when Lexus in other markets was offering Android Auto firmware upgrades for 2019 ESs at free or minimum cost. IIRC, Lexus Australia was one of those markets where Lexus had 2019 ES Android Auto firmware upgrades available.

I see your ES 250 has the Road Sign Assist (RSA) functionality something that even the latest Canadian sold 2024 Lexus ESs still doesn't have.

es250fsport (04-18-24)