ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

ES 350 for $30k?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-24, 03:33 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 517 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by lookinforalexus
Okay. That's same one in the just above post but with more details of a typical dealership used Lexus listing.

It is a base with Premium Package and 12.3 inch screen (with Lexus Navigation).

The photos aren't the best quality and there's quite a few reflections in the exterior ones so you can't really tell whether something is just a reflection or some sort of damage.

It looks like there's some marks in the soft touch dash material in two places. In the photos showing the area above the glovebox, there's a vertical mark in the material where the dash curves in a transition from vertical to more horizontal. In the closeup photo of the heated/ventilated seat controls there's a couple of darker black thick lines looking areas which are hard to tell whether it just some sort of residue from cleaning or liquid spill or an attempt to cover up some sort of mark/damage in the soft touch material.

In the service history file, the service receipt (looks like used vehicle prep for sale work) the front rotors were resurfaced to fix an over 50 mph pulsation. That doesn't seem normal for a vehicle with just 23033 miles on the odometer.

According to the CarFax report, it looks like it was a lease returned to Rallye Lexus, Glen Cove, NY who shortly sold it to Ourisman Lexus of Rockville, Derwood, MD. Before selling it, Rallye Lexus performed A/C system service (why was that needed?) and oil and filter change (which was immediately done again by Ourisman Lexus). The Ourisman Lexus CarFax "Vehicle Serviced" entry makes no mention of the front brake rotors resurfacing work.

Kind of makes you wonder what's going on with the vehicle. A moderately low mileage lease return, apparently after the lease return vehicle servicing wasn't offered for sale and then was sold to another Lexus dealer 2 states away who shortly after receipt had to do brake work on it.
The following 2 users liked this post by grp52:
Fsport19 (05-31-24), lookinforalexus (04-23-24)
Old 04-23-24, 03:45 PM
lookinforalexus
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by grp52
Okay. That's same one in the just above post but with more details of a typical dealership used Lexus listing.

It is a base with Premium Package and 12.3 inch screen (with Lexus Navigation).

The photos aren't the best quality and there's quite a few reflections in the exterior ones so you can't really tell whether something is just a reflection or some sort of damage.

It looks like there's some marks in the soft touch dash material in two places. In the photos showing the area above the glovebox, there's a vertical mark in the material where the dash curves in a transition from vertical to more horizontal. In the closeup photo of the heated/ventilated seat controls there's a couple of darker black thick lines looking areas which are hard to tell whether it just some sort of residue from cleaning or liquid spill or an attempt to cover up some sort of mark/damage in the soft touch material.

In the service history file, the service receipt (looks like used vehicle prep for sale work) the front rotors were resurfaced to fix an over 50 mph pulsation. That doesn't seem normal for a vehicle with just 23033 miles on the odometer.

According to the CarFax report, it looks like it was a lease returned to Rallye Lexus, Glen Cove, NY who shortly sold it to Ourisman Lexus of Rockville, Derwood, MD. Before selling it, Rallye Lexus performed A/C system service (why was that needed?) and oil and filter change (which was immediately done again by Ourisman Lexus). The Ourisman Lexus CarFax "Vehicle Serviced" entry makes no mention of the front brake rotors resurfacing work.

Kind of makes you wonder what's going on with the vehicle. A moderately low mileage lease return, apparently after the lease return vehicle servicing wasn't offered for sale and then was sold to another Lexus dealer 2 states away who shortly after receipt had to do brake work on it.
my goodness. With responses like this no wonder I’m second guessing all the ones I find.

i should just pay you a finders fee
Old 05-13-24, 01:13 PM
lookinforalexus
Driver

@grp52

thoughts?

https://express.mbnanuet.com/express...=cash&unlock=1
Old 05-13-24, 05:39 PM
Jersey5974
Driver

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

IMO you should just get CPO. I purchased one from an MB dealer and it was awful, had to return it. I even almost purchased one from a Lexus dealer that wasn't CPO and it became very apparent why it wasn't CPO'd when I got a 3rd party inspection. My CPO is very good.
Old 05-16-24, 03:15 PM
lookinforalexus
Driver

ok, ok...how's this one lol

https://www.haldemanlexusofprinceton...z1b13lu060315/
Old 05-16-24, 03:19 PM
Jersey5974
Driver

No pics yet, but I really like that one. 24K miles, ML audio, triple beams, luxury. Silver color. 2020 doesn't have touchscreen, but I like my touchpad anyways. I would recommend checking that one out and putting in an offer.

Clean carfax. Good service history.

Last edited by Jersey5974; 05-16-24 at 03:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
lookinforalexus (05-16-24)
Old 05-16-24, 03:21 PM
lookinforalexus
Driver

Originally Posted by Jersey5974
No pics yet, but I really like that one. 24K miles, ML audio, triple beams, luxury. Silver color. 2020 doesn't have touchscreen, but I like my touchpad anyways. I would recommend checking that one out and putting in an offer.

Old 05-16-24, 04:39 PM
Jersey5974
Driver

I like it. You could probably offer them a bit less, but since it's probably new on the lot they may hold out. Make sure they include floor mats, you can try to see how old tires are/tread life left (4-12" over 32"is usable range, higher the numerator the more tread life it has left). They should give 2 keys and maybe a touchup pen. Not sure what else you can get.
Old 05-16-24, 04:45 PM
Jersey5974
Driver

Also make sure you get their CPO checklist and go over it one by one. If anything differs on that checklist (and things will differ), call them out on it.
Old 05-16-24, 07:09 PM
Myshkyn
Pit Crew

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Looks like it has the large screen. And I think those look like noise reduction wheels? Does it have the panoramic view monitor, head-up display, or kick sensor trunk?
Old 05-16-24, 07:20 PM
lookinforalexus
Driver

Originally Posted by Myshkyn
Looks like it has the large screen. And I think those look like noise reduction wheels? Does it have the panoramic view monitor, head-up display, or kick sensor trunk?
think it has pano roof not sure about others
Old 05-16-24, 07:22 PM
Jersey5974
Driver

Originally Posted by Myshkyn
Good callout on panoramic view monitor. It says it has it. It also says it has HUD. It definitely has noise reduction wheels and nav (large screen). kick sensor trunk isn't listed but imo that's not a deal breaker (nor is HUD imo). PVM would've been a deal breaker.
Old 05-17-24, 07:53 AM
lookinforalexus
Driver

This strange crease in the leather anything to worry about?

Old 05-17-24, 09:34 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 716 Likes on 524 Posts

This strange crease in the leather anything to worry about?

I wouldn’t let it be a dealbreaker as it’s pretty minor. Most cars in this price range are going to have a few minor imperfections. Use it as a bargaining point to try for $500 off. Dealer will probably say no since this is so minor, but it can’t hurt to try.
Old 05-17-24, 09:41 AM
alextv
Instructor

Received 172 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by TechNut
I wouldn’t let it be a dealbreaker as it’s pretty minor. Most cars in this price range are going to have a few minor imperfections. Use it as a bargaining point to try for $500 off. Dealer will probably say no since this is so minor, but it can’t hurt to try.
Dealer will knock off when purchasing but not when selling. This is how they work.

Quick Reply: ES 350 for $30k?