ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Scrolling Through Radio Presets Using Steering Wheel Buttons

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-24 | 10:55 AM
Anthony81
Driver

Default Scrolling Through Radio Presets Using Steering Wheel Buttons

Ok, this might be completely use error, but this issue just cropped up. When I scroll through my presets, specifically when using the right arrow button on my steering wheel, after going past a couple stations the system automatically jumps back to the first preset. It also seems like this only happens once I get into my Sirius XM stations as the lower presets are FM stations. Has anyone encountered this? Could it have anything to do with Radio Replay vs. being in the presets screen? That's the only thing that I've really messed with recently, and tbh I don't think I really changed anything.
Old 04-18-24 | 11:45 AM
grp52
Instructor

Originally Posted by Anthony81
Ok, this might be completely use error, but this issue just cropped up. When I scroll through my presets, specifically when using the right arrow button on my steering wheel, after going past a couple stations the system automatically jumps back to the first preset. It also seems like this only happens once I get into my Sirius XM stations as the lower presets are FM stations. Has anyone encountered this? Could it have anything to do with Radio Replay vs. being in the presets screen? That's the only thing that I've really messed with recently, and tbh I don't think I really changed anything.
What model year of ES?

Theres a difference in behavior between 2019 - 2022 model year and 2023 and later model years' infotainment system's operation in this area.

Sirius XM has been on an adding and deleting channels binge lately. On my 2019 ES one of those changes resulted in some really odd behavior on changing channels with the steering wheel station/channel/track buttons. To fix it I had to go through my Sirius XM presets and fix everything to conform to the then then new Sirius XM channel scheme. (After that, another change resulted in "Missing channel" messages for the preset Sirius XM channels that Sirius XM deleted from their channel list. The 2019 - 2022 model years' infotainment system user interface sucks when it comes to dealing with Sirius XM channel changes involving a preset channel.)