ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Dash Cam Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-24 | 02:21 PM
rob144
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Demanufacture
2024 ES Ultra Luxury.

Cover popped off super easy, cables hid just fine, plenty of room. I only have the front camera plugged in for now but plan on running the cable for the back one sometime in the fall.
Did you use the Type B Dongar unit? How did the front piece just above the mirror pop off? (It looks like that has to be removed and then the rest of the cover slides down towards the front).

My car is new to me (not even 1 week with it) that I don't know if it has the auto-dimming rearview mirror -- it's a "luxury" model, and the manual notes an "anti-glare" feature, and the mirror has a button to turn something on and off. Even the brochure is silent on this as a feature as is the reprint of the original window sticker. I'm guessing it is because otherwise the rearview would have the little flip lever to tilt the mirror.

Old 05-28-24 | 02:37 PM
Demanufacture
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rob144
Did you use the Type B Dongar unit? How did the front piece just above the mirror pop off? (It looks like that has to be removed and then the rest of the cover slides down towards the front).

My car is new to me (not even 1 week with it) that I don't know if it has the auto-dimming rearview mirror -- it's a "luxury" model, and the manual notes an "anti-glare" feature, and the mirror has a button to turn something on and off. Even the brochure is silent on this as a feature as is the reprint of the original window sticker. I'm guessing it is because otherwise the rearview would have the little flip lever to tilt the mirror.
Yup! Type B is what I used. I mounted my dashcam to the right of the rain sensor (at least that's what I believe the skinny rectangle is) pushed the cable into the headliner, snaked it forward, then removed the cover on the windshield that just slides off with a firm push, made the connection and boom, that was that.

I used the following video as a guide for popping the cover off:
Old 10-12-24 | 05:48 PM
Balto1111
1st Gear

Default Dash cam Same boat with 60k car

Originally Posted by pab12
Purchased a '24 ES 350 Lux in February that included the 'factory' Dash Cam glued to the windshield. We have never been able to make it work (connect to my iPhone, that is.)
Took it back to the dealer today and sat with a Tech for 2 hours while he tried to make it work, but couldn't. He ended up calling Lexus but they told him they had no ideas and to call the Dash Cam third party vendor who Lexus subs for that option. He did that but was put on permanent hold.
In frustration he tried disconnecting the car's battery, but that had no effect either.

Finally he reached out to the shop manager, who told him that the Dash Cam didn't work with the version of our celphone (iPhone 15).
To test that theory he tried to connect with his iPhone 14 and it worked.
The Shop Manager said there was nothing that he could do, and to call Apple and complain (WHAT?????)

So we just bought a ~$50k car, that came equipped with an option that we didn't order, that now can't be made to work with the latest version of an iPhone.

What kind of customer service is that?
=============================================
Angle parked in a parallel universe
I have the same issue with 60k RX350. Neither Lexus or DEALERSHIP knows what to do. I originally had it working with my phone but now it requires me to manually connect each time??? I have to turn off my Bluetooth on my phone to connect the camera but the. I can’t use for calls or music??? I’m extremely disappointed.