ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

0-20w Pennzoil Ultra Platinum vs 0-16w Amsoil?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-24, 04:47 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,826 Likes on 2,389 Posts

Originally Posted by Freds430
You seriously think looking at oil analysis report and one has a 10 point higher copper number that is going to make a squat of difference in how long your engine last.
I didn't say anything about an oil testing lab. I'm talking pour tests, friction tests and just as importantly real world use.
As stated you are the marketers best gullible customer.
I think you might be projecting. I go where the data goes not fluff reviews pimping products because they are getting paid.
I will find you some oil that is $100 a quart and will be awesome for your engine. My manufacturer says Mobil 1 is the best oil. I will go with them over you all day everyday.
Mobil 1 is hardly the best oil especially for winter driving and cold starts. It's an average motor oil nothing special the best thing I can say about it is their marketing is extremely strong.
Old 06-29-24, 04:53 PM
Wilson2000
Pole Position

Received 480 Likes on 381 Posts

​​​​​​Five sources Mobil 1 the best.
Five marketers said "Mobil 1 the best," not five independent oil labs.
​​​​​​What difference does it make if two year old .Norhing has changed in technology in oil.
If you think nothing has changed in the last two years, you haven't watched the YT videos posted above.
Some are convinced if you pay three times more for oil it must be better.
Maybe some people do, but nobody in this thread has led me to believe this.
You are a marketers best customer.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the one pushing marketing rankings, which in no way resemble testing?
Again any major brand of synthetic will be as good as another.
Than why are you posting rankings showing Mobil 1 as the best?
If you believe differently than sorry.
Apology accepted.
Old 06-29-24, 05:19 PM
Wilson2000
Pole Position

Received 480 Likes on 381 Posts

Thanks to all who posted opinions and information in this thread. As far as I'm concerned, the thread has run its course (devolved into trolling and flaming) and until anything new happens with oil and oil filtering technology, I don't have much else to say.

Again, for the engine-oil-thread-haters out there...why bother to read, let alone post on them, if you are so bothered by, and critical of, engine oil threads? I suggest you find a topic that really interests you and either dwell on those threads, or start your own.
The following users liked this post:
UltraLux22 (06-30-24)
Old 06-29-24, 10:05 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 513 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilson2000
Thanks to all who posted opinions and information in this thread. As far as I'm concerned, the thread has run its course (devolved into trolling and flaming) and until anything new happens with oil and oil filtering technology, I don't have much else to say.

Again, for the engine-oil-thread-haters out there...why bother to read, let alone post on them, if you are so bothered by, and critical of, engine oil threads? I suggest you find a topic that really interests you and either dwell on those threads, or start your own.
I won't utter the childish phrase "I told you so," for that would be immature, pedantic, and entirely unproductive... or perhaps, in a delightfully ironic twist, incredibly productive! But no, I shan't stoop to such levels. Instead, I applaud your valiant efforts to wrangle this delightfully chaotic, vitriol-infused side conversation. Bravo! 😉 I tip my hat to you, sir!

With all the sincerity I can muster this late at night-
I trust it's clear that I'm not criticizing the intentions behind this oil thread or any threads in general. Most discussions begin with the best intentions; yours is no exception. You made a good effort and largely succeeded. Here's to even greater success next time!