Looking for parts...OEM?? Toronto area, Canada... suggestions please

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-24, 09:03 AM
playmkr56
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Looking for parts...OEM?? Toronto area, Canada... suggestions please

Hello All

I currently have a 22' ES 350 Ultra Luxury, Caviar, Black Interior.

I want to install a rear spoiler. I have tried to order from the local Lexus dealers, and have been told that the part is not available for my car...(I submitted my VIN with the parts inquiry).

I then tried to order the rear spoiler using a VIN from a 22' ES 350 f sport 2. I was then told that spoilers are not color matched in Canada...blah blah blah Fyi, I have a good body shop to install the spoiler, I'd like to buy it painted if possible.

Can someone recommend a dealer, store or website that I could contact and order a spoiler? I know that the 22' ES 350 Ultra Luxury is available with a rear spoiler in the US.

Thanks
Old 06-13-24, 09:45 AM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 523 Likes on 373 Posts

Check CARID
Old 06-13-24, 11:12 AM
Lesley248
Pit Crew

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I ordered mine from Sportwing.com 9/2022 for $193 with free shipping. I emailed them 10 days after submitted to get an order update and said they were in the final stages of painting. Quality was really good, fit was good and came with hardware but I attached it on with 3M tape.
Old 06-13-24, 12:26 PM
playmkr56
Driver

Originally Posted by Lesley248
I ordered mine from Sportwing.com 9/2022 for $193 with free shipping. I emailed them 10 days after submitted to get an order update and said they were in the final stages of painting. Quality was really good, fit was good and came with hardware but I attached it on with 3M tape.
How has the spoiler held up over time with the 3M tape? I'm assuming you didn't want to drill the trunk for installation with nuts and bolts etc.

Do you have a picture of your car with the spoiler installed? Would you mind sharing it with me?

Thanks
Old 06-13-24, 12:49 PM
Lesley248
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by playmkr56
How has the spoiler held up over time with the 3M tape? I'm assuming you didn't want to drill the trunk for installation with nuts and bolts etc.

Do you have a picture of your car with the spoiler installed? Would you mind sharing it with me?

Thanks
I did not drill into the trunk. The first time I installed it was a pretty cold day because I was very impatient and it stuck on fairly well but eventually started seeing a bit of the tape edge and one corner was starting to slightly lift. A few months later (Aug?), I ripped it up, reapplied new tape a little more inside so it's not touching the edge and feel like it sat more flushed this time. The 2nd time installing it, I prepped like crazy and thought the heat from the sun on the trunk would help the bonding but it was too hot so seemed like it was almost melting off. Left it as is but starting to see it slightly pry up again. Clearly, I'm not a pro at this. Do your own research.

While I'm saying that it's slightly lifting, I am confident that it's not going anywhere unless you're intentionally trying to pry it off. And you won't be able to notice anything unless you get really close and look for it.

My spoiler is the generic OEM one. Pic is just example found online
Old 06-13-24, 01:38 PM
playmkr56
Driver

Originally Posted by Lesley248
I did not drill into the trunk. The first time I installed it was a pretty cold day because I was very impatient and it stuck on fairly well but eventually started seeing a bit of the tape edge and one corner was starting to slightly lift. A few months later (Aug?), I ripped it up, reapplied new tape a little more inside so it's not touching the edge and feel like it sat more flushed this time. The 2nd time installing it, I prepped like crazy and thought the heat from the sun on the trunk would help the bonding but it was too hot so seemed like it was almost melting off. Left it as is but starting to see it slightly pry up again. Clearly, I'm not a pro at this. Do your own research.

While I'm saying that it's slightly lifting, I am confident that it's not going anywhere unless you're intentionally trying to pry it off. And you won't be able to notice anything unless you get really close and look for it.

My spoiler is the generic OEM one. Pic is just example found online
Thanks for the extra info. I looked on the website, I'm planning on ordering the same spoiler now.

Do you find the paint color matches decently? And, did it come with any templates to align the spoiler? I'm guessing you bought the 3M tape yourself.

Old 06-14-24, 05:52 AM
Lesley248
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by playmkr56
Thanks for the extra info. I looked on the website, I'm planning on ordering the same spoiler now.

Do you find the paint color matches decently? And, did it come with any templates to align the spoiler? I'm guessing you bought the 3M tape yourself.
I'd say the paint matched it perfectly or a very close to perfect. Idk, it's black. I don't remember if there it came with a template but honestly you won't need it. Dry fit it first and you'll see it's a pretty good fit with very slight wiggle room on the sides. You can either eyeball it or use painters tape as guide points.

The spoiler came with tape already. I bought a 2nd roll for the 2nd time I put it on.
The following users liked this post:
playmkr56 (06-14-24)