ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Lexus relases 2025 model information

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-24, 03:40 PM
alextv
Instructor

Received 171 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by grp52
I think you're reading more into the "... integrates with Google points of interest (POI) data ..." than is warranted. POI data isn't traffic data; rather, POI data covers things like location and other specific data on things such as restaurants, gas stations, hospitals, etc.

I don't think the press release's cloud navigation description indicates any improvements over the previous years' ES Drive Connect Cloud Navigation capabilities. The same wording used in the 2025 press release could have been and was with some composition variation used for the 2023 ES model year's change to using th Drive Connect Cloud Navigation system.
I was going mainly by this statement in release " more accurate directions, and alternate routes based on current traffic conditions. " That would be more than just POI by the way I read it but could be wrong. It probably is the same as now but it does give the impression of something more.
Old 06-26-24, 03:56 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 974 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusForever
In defense of the other poster, you only clarified after being asked.

A couple of posts there were related to the next gen.
The following 2 users liked this post by ESh:
ATL350 (06-28-24), Wilson2000 (06-27-24)
Old 06-26-24, 07:28 PM
gcvt
Driver

Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

"V6 lives for another year."

Old 06-27-24, 04:43 AM
playmkr56
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152
Hmmm. I seem to remember some members stating that they knew for sure that the V6 was history. Some members even wanted to place bets... Looks like Toyota wised up and kept the excellent engine after all.

From Lexfinally: The statement that "Toyota hasn't made any definitive statements as to what direction they're headed. Give Akio a call and maybe he'll let you in on it" is false. Toyota has made a definitive statement: the series of products where they've already axed the V6. It includes Highlander, the Avalon replacement, RX, and now Camry. Next up on the same platform as all of them is the ES, and it's been widely reported by people with far better Lexus connections than you or me that the V6 will be on the chopping block there as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0R-pCSOjpg

Let me put a finer point on it: You have great confidence that I don't know what I'm talking about. I have great confidence that I do. Let's put our money where our mouth is. I publicly challenge you to bet me $100 that the 2025 Lexus ES will make a V6 engine available in any variant. I will bet that it won't. PM me and we can exchange contact information and wagering terms.
Guess me and Shaboom should have put our bets down...[/QUOTE]
why are you so happy that you predicted 2025 will still have a V6? Who cares? It's the same car since 2019 with some new lipstick.

The next major redesign of the ES will probably move away from V6...just like the RX...maybe it won't, but it probably will drop the V6...I don't know and don't care.

My wish list, AWD V6 ES!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by playmkr56:
F3Woody (06-27-24), landonm86 (06-28-24)
Old 06-27-24, 05:21 AM
LexusForever
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by playmkr56
Guess me and Shaboom should have put our bets down...
why are you so happy that you predicted 2025 will still have a V6? Who cares? It's the same car since 2019 with some new lipstick.

The next major redesign of the ES will probably move away from V6...just like the RX...maybe it won't, but it probably will drop the V6...I don't know and don't care.

My wish list, AWD V6 ES!!![/QUOTE]

I'd probably be more interested in the ES 350 if it had AWD. It's a shame only the IS 350 has that option.
The following 2 users liked this post by LexusForever:
KMiles (06-27-24), landonm86 (06-28-24)
Old 06-27-24, 05:24 AM
ATL350
Advanced

Received 316 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaboom
Hoorah! I predicted the 2025 models would continue to include a 6 cylinder engine! 🤣
No one needs to defend their predictions, of course, for predictions are just that, not facts. Nevertheless I think most of us - myself included - have always expressed that belief in terms of the next Gen, not the next model year, for no one knew for certain whether or not that would occur in 25 or 26. Those in the market for a V6 should grab one this model year, for I maintain that whenever the new generation is built (now, one assumes for the ’26 MY) it will not be offered in the ES in any variant.

If you’re going to grab one of those ’25’s I wouldn't be surprised if the dealers, never ones to miss a buck, will be less willing to deal in many cases because they know that this will be the last hurrah and people will pay more to get the last of that engine. Only time will tell.
Old 06-27-24, 06:47 AM
F3Woody
Intermediate

Received 203 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by playmkr56
Guess me and Shaboom should have put our bets down...
My wish list, AWD V6 ES!!![/QUOTE]

Heck yeah that would be awesome. I figured I'd be keeping this car for a long long time, but if a V6 AWD becomes a financially feasible trade in option a few years from now I'll be keeping an eye out for that!
Old 06-27-24, 07:28 AM
playmkr56
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by F3Woody
My wish list, AWD V6 ES!!!
Heck yeah that would be awesome. I figured I'd be keeping this car for a long long time, but if a V6 AWD becomes a financially feasible trade in option a few years from now I'll be keeping an eye out for that![/QUOTE]
exact same situation I'm in...I love my current ES, but a new AWD V6 would tempt me big time
The following users liked this post:
F3Woody (06-27-24)
Old 06-27-24, 08:27 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,619 Posts

super duper obvious lexus will keep the V6 for the remainder of this generation of the ES. recoup investment every last cent.

Old 06-27-24, 10:38 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 560 Likes on 398 Posts

Wow! So much excitement that Lexus extended the life of this generation ES by another year and kept the powertrain unchanged.

ES and Camry have always shared powertrains. Those that want to guess what the next generation ES will have need to check what the new Generation Camry has. They might match it with Crown powertrain this time though??

Nothing wrong with a nice 4 Cylinder Hybrid; If done right.
The following 3 users liked this post by toyotaman7:
landonm86 (06-28-24), radiologym (07-09-24), Wilson2000 (06-27-24)
Old 06-27-24, 03:19 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Originally Posted by ATL350
No one needs to defend their predictions, of course, for predictions are just that, not facts. Nevertheless I think most of us - myself included - have always expressed that belief in terms of the next Gen, not the next model year, for no one knew for certain whether or not that would occur in 25 or 26. Those in the market for a V6 should grab one this model year, for I maintain that whenever the new generation is built (now, one assumes for the ’26 MY) it will not be offered in the ES in any variant.

If you’re going to grab one of those ’25’s I wouldn't be surprised if the dealers, never ones to miss a buck, will be less willing to deal in many cases because they know that this will be the last hurrah and people will pay more to get the last of that engine. Only time will tell.
Sometimes on pricing, it's the exact opposite. Many folks don't want the last MY before a major redesign. Their new car is old looking quickly and perhaps missing out on new features and flavors!
Old 06-27-24, 03:32 PM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 470 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by ATL350

Or they may be stuck with a slew of 2025’s when the 2026 Gen 8 is unveiled and the mechanicals include an ICE model, the styling is very new, cutting edge and a big hit. If that happens, and it could, there could be discounts and even rebates on the remaining Gen 7’s. Such things happen in Lexus world like in February 2021 when my new 2021 350 ES came with a $5000 dealer discount and either a $1500 or $2000 Lexus rebate.
Old 06-27-24, 08:21 PM
hotwings
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Many folks don't want the last MY before a major redesign. Their new car is old looking quickly and perhaps missing out on new features and flavors!
I respecfully suggest most lexus folks would prefer the last MY as opposed to the "new features" of a brand new generation, new car looks be damned.
Yes Lexus has a good track record of reliability but major redesign = less reliability in the short term.
Old 06-27-24, 09:42 PM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 470 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by hotwings
I respecfully suggest most lexus folks would prefer the last MY as opposed to the "new features" of a brand new generation, new car looks be damned.
Yes Lexus has a good track record of reliability but major redesign = less reliability in the short term.
Wait for the second year of production. Bugs should be fewer by then. No big rush. Price exploitation, due to first year hoopla, will be normalized by then, too.
The following 3 users liked this post by Shaboom:
ATL350 (06-29-24), hotwings (06-28-24), Kijug (07-01-24)
Old 06-28-24, 08:34 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Originally Posted by hotwings
Meh - not me for sure. I wouldn't drop $55K on a new car that looks and feels the same as it did six years ago.
The following 2 users liked this post by mikemu30:
jfz219 (06-28-24), Kijug (07-01-24)

Quick Reply: Lexus relases 2025 model information