ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Lexus relases 2025 model information

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-24, 12:13 PM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 470 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Meh - not me for sure. I wouldn't drop $55K on a new car that looks and feels the same as it did six years ago.
And that expresses the dilemma, the conundrum, that many of us will grapple with in the 12-18 months ahead.
Old 06-28-24, 01:55 PM
LexusForever
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Meh - not me for sure. I wouldn't drop $55K on a new car that looks and feels the same as it did six years ago.
But reliable.
The following 2 users liked this post by LexusForever:
ATL350 (06-29-24), shawdawg17 (07-12-24)
Old 06-28-24, 10:45 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 927 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaboom
And that expresses the dilemma, the conundrum, that many of us will grapple with in the 12-18 months ahead.
I don't see the dilemma, Shaboom (unless you simply hate the infotainment touchpad). I could if this were a Benz, but with these cars, 5 years or 60,000 miles is just getting it warmed up. These are designed to be 20-year cars. Just enjoy not having to pay for another new one.
Old 06-29-24, 06:30 AM
Shaboom
Racer

Originally Posted by LexFinally
I don't see the dilemma, Shaboom (unless you simply hate the infotainment touchpad). I could if this were a Benz, but with these cars, 5 years or 60,000 miles is just getting it warmed up. These are designed to be 20-year cars. Just enjoy not having to pay for another new one.
Actually, I prefer the touch pad because I detest a touch screen with fingerprints and smears that show when the light hits hit certain ways.
What I enjoy is having a car that embodies the latest generation of modern styling.
So the dilemma is buying 6 year old styling on a brand new 50k 2025 car that can’t be told from a 2019 model but is bullet proof reliable and trouble free VS. a newest beautifully styled Gen 8 model that may have some bugs 1st or 2nd year and may be based on a far less smooth and silky 4 cyl. turbo engine and drivetrain to match.
There, my friend, lies my dilemma. Many other more practical people may look at this situation differently. Good for them. However, the above perspective is mine and actually not totally unique to me.
The following users liked this post:
es250fsport (07-06-24)
Old 06-29-24, 07:45 AM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 927 Likes on 581 Posts

Actually, I prefer the touch pad because I detest a touch screen with fingerprints and smears that show when the light hits hit certain ways.
What I enjoy is having a car that embodies the latest generation of modern styling.
So the dilemma is buying 6 year old styling on a brand new 50k 2025 car that can’t be told from a 2019 model but is bullet proof reliable and trouble free VS. a newest beautifully styled Gen 8 model that may have some bugs 1st or 2nd year and may be based on a far less smooth and silky 4 cyl. turbo engine and drivetrain to match.
There, my friend, lies my dilemma. Many other more practical people may look at this situation differently. Good for them. However, the above perspective is mine and actually not totally unique to me.
I don't think it will trouble you much when the new car comes out. It's not expected to look terribly different from the current one, particularly on the outside.
Old 06-29-24, 08:45 AM
Shaboom
Racer

I don't think it will trouble you much when the new car comes out. It's not expected to look terribly different from the current one, particularly on the outside.
If that be the case, I may buy one of the last 2025’s if I would get a favorable price on a well equipped Luxury model to “drive into the sunset” at some point during my final decade of driving years. If the dealers are playing games at that time, arguing everyone wants a Gen 7, I’ll just keep my beautiful 2021, which would have fewer than 25,000 miles on it at that point.
RobertJay (07-01-24)
Old 06-29-24, 09:12 AM
CoffeeHead
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking of selling my 2020 ES 350 and leasing a BMW i5 M60. Lexus was originally my commuter and I put 58 k on the clock in 2.5 years. Over the past 1.5 years have put only 8500 miles on it as I work from home. The BMW is a rocket and an EV but the Lexus has more legroom for my kids and the same size trunk despite being a few inches shorter. This is my first Lexus and I have had 10-12 different cars before and for some reason, this is the only vehicle I don't want to dispose of.

Car is a beast.
Old 06-29-24, 09:42 AM
mmatheny
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusForever
Toyota jerked the V6 out of the Tacoma back in 2023 & sales dropped 60%
Old 06-29-24, 12:41 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Yep - mine is at 75k now and I certainly plan to drive it another 75k.
F3Woody (06-30-24)
Old 06-29-24, 08:14 PM
hotwings
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts

I rate reliability,comfort & performance to be 90% of the reason to purchase a car and 10% visual appeal. I hold my nose when I look at the Darth Vader spindle grill, rediculous 18" low profile tires, and way too slanted rear shape but it checks the boxes for the important criteria. The spindle grill is more delicate and subject to front end damage, the oversize tires add undesireable unsprung weight, and the slanted roof limits rear head room and causes the rear glass to shed rain drops poorly. But comfort, performance and reliability trump the negatives.

I'd buy my '99 Avalon again in a heartbeat if the same car was available brand new today. Simple, reliable and it even looked great.
I guess its the Engineer in me, a car is more of a logical choice than emotional.
Live long and prosper!

Last edited by hotwings; 06-29-24 at 09:16 PM.
Old 06-29-24, 09:42 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 513 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by hotwings
I rate reliability and performance to be 90% of the reason to purchase a car and 10% visual appeal. I hold my nose when I look at the Darth Vader spindle grill, rediculous 18" tires, and way too slanted rear shape but I love the comfort, performance and reliability.

I'd buy my '99 Avalon again in a heartbeat if the same car was available brand new today. Simple, reliable and it even looked great.
I guess its the Engineer in me, a car is more of a logical choice than emotional.
Yeah, I agree that it's more about the personality of a car than just stunning looks, but come on, who isn't swayed by a nice-looking ride at first glance? You need that initial spark, even if it's not full-on love. I mean, look at what I'm driving now – it's a head-turner, like a sumo wrestler in a tutu – all surprising power packed into an unexpected package. But the real appeal is how it performs. It might look like an Advil Liqui-Gel, but it's got some serious guts!

The ES is kind of like that—well, maybe not quite like that. It wasn't love at first sight, but considering I had both a 19 and a 22, I obviously saw something in it. It's one of those cars that grows on you over time. At first glance, it's subtle, maybe even a little understated. But the more I looked, the more I noticed those sharp lines and the low-key elegance. It's a car that sneaks up on you.

Seeing one out in the wild, cruising down the road or stopped at a light, always catches my eye. It's almost like the ES gets more stylish every time I see it.

My only gripe is that I wish Lexus offered more ways to customize it, especially for the Ultra Luxury trim. If I could have had my way, I would've swapped out the standard grille for the sportier F Sport one and added some sleek accents. Imagine that—a fully loaded Ultra Luxury with the sporty edge of the new F Sport Black Line Edition, AWD, and fully electrified—that would be the dream ES for me anyway! But until pigs fly...
Old 06-30-24, 04:16 PM
F3Woody
Intermediate

Received 203 Likes on 127 Posts

Anyone see mention of an auto stop engine in that write up?
seanyyz (07-01-24)
Old 06-30-24, 05:00 PM
ATL350
Advanced

Received 316 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by F3Woody
Oh I sure hope not. One of the most annoying “features” in modern cars.
Old 06-30-24, 08:11 PM
Shaboom
Racer

Originally Posted by F3Woody
Not in 2025 but in 2026 new Gen 8 model for sure. Raises theoretical MPG rating for the car to satisfy government standards. PIA!
Old 07-01-24, 07:09 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Not in 2025 but in 2026 new Gen 8 model for sure. Raises theoretical MPG rating for the car to satisfy government standards. PIA!
Irrelevant if they move to hybrid only like the Camry.
LexFinally (07-06-24)

Quick Reply: Lexus relases 2025 model information