ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Lexus relases 2025 model information

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-24, 10:56 PM
eyesurgeon
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaboom
Hoorah! I predicted the 2025 models would continue to include a 6 cylinder engine! 🤣
2025 is a carry-over year with no changes. No one was predicting the current iteration of the ES would lose the V6 option. The discussion centered around the ES refresh, which will most certainly lose the V6 engine. The only debate is what year that will be, originally thought to be 2025, now probably 2026 MY.
Old 07-06-24, 08:49 AM
LexusForever
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Not even sure it's that. The LC and RC sales volume is pretty tiny at the end of the day. In this case, it's probably the impact on CAFE totals that lower mpg on a reasaonbly high volume model would have on the entire fleet.
Even with a turbo hybrid? Perhaps plugin?
Old 07-06-24, 11:45 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusForever
Even with a turbo hybrid? Perhaps plugin?
Not sure how the EV part of the plug in affects the CAFE requirements.
Old 07-06-24, 01:43 PM
Lead Lap

Received 779 Likes on 528 Posts

Hoorah! I predicted the 2025 models would continue to include a 6 cylinder engine! 🤣
No you didn’t. It was about the next generation ES. Which will not have a V6 and will be announced in 2025.
The following users liked this post:
ESh (07-06-24)
Old 07-06-24, 05:15 PM
LexusForever
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Not sure how the EV part of the plug in affects the CAFE requirements.
https://www.spglobal.com/mobility/en...gulations.html

Maybe someone with a bigger brain than I can sort it out.
Old 07-06-24, 05:58 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 925 Likes on 580 Posts

Shaboom, you're correct. My intention was around the 8th Generation, but because I assumed the 8th Generation would start no later than the 2025 model year, the bet that I offered and you accepted did specify "2025." You win and I lose. PM me on where to send your $20.

P.S. The 2026 will not have any six-cylinder engine, but shame on me for my careless phrasing. Good on you.
Old 07-06-24, 06:41 PM
Lead Lap

Received 779 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by eyesurgeon
2025 is a carry-over year with no changes. No one was predicting the current iteration of the ES would lose the V6 option. The discussion centered around the ES refresh, which will most certainly lose the V6 engine. The only debate is what year that will be, originally thought to be 2025, now probably 2026 MY.
This MY business is mostly a US thing. In other countries, a car released in 2024 calendar year is a 2024MY, not a 2025MY. IMO, it's marketing that makes no sense but make buyers think they have brought a futuristic car and time-travelled.

When Americans lived in in the early 20th century and involved in agriculture. They - at the end of the harvest season, typically in the fall, was a time when farmers and rural workers had the most disposable income due to the sale of their crops. Car manufacturers aimed to release new models around this time to capitalize on this increased purchasing power. By introducing new car models in the fall, manufacturers align with the timing of the harvest season when potential buyers had money to spend. Hence these Fall (July) announcements.

Last edited by 703; 07-06-24 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-06-24, 08:44 PM
hotwings
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by 703
This MY business is mostly a US thing. In other countries, a car released in 2024 calendar year is a 2024MY, not a 2025MY. IMO, it's marketing that makes no sense but make buyers think they have brought a futuristic car and time-travelled.
Its also a great way for the state of MA to extract extra excise tax for purchasing the next year's model this year.
The formula for the calculation is truly confiscatory.
I digress

Last edited by hotwings; 07-06-24 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07-07-24, 05:30 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 513 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by eyesurgeon
Just wanted to double-check, did you mean a full redesign for 2026 instead of a refresh?

Semantics aside. The rumor mill is churning faster than a Lexus turbocharged 2.0L 4-cylinder engine on the Autobahn, and with Lexus filing trademarks for the ES350e and ES500e EVs, along with the ES350h hybrid, it sounds like the ES lineup is getting that much closer to the major transformation. In my opinion, these trademarks suggest that the current ES250, ES350, and ES300h models might be on their way out, potentially being consolidated into a single ES350h hybrid. Honestly, a single hybrid model with standard AWD and around 300hp seems like a logical move, aligning with Lexus' typically cautious approach to adopting new technology. Lexus often prefers to refine existing platforms before diving headfirst into the unknown, as evidenced by the time it took them to embrace features like large touchscreens and advanced driver-assistance systems that are now commonplace in other luxury cars.

As someone who's made the jump to an EV (and loving it, by the way!), I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the 500e. Reports suggest it could have close to 400hp, which would be incredible! I'm hoping it comes out not long after or even at the same time as the 350h, but we all know how the saying goes about wanting and getting... (insert sad trombone sound effect here). Lexus has committed to offering an electric option for every model by 2030 and going fully electric by 2035, so it's definitely in the works, just a matter of when.

In the meantime, I'm cautiously optimistic about the ES350h. I'm hoping Lexus doesn't skimp on the power, especially since they're taking away the V6. It needs to be a worthy successor, not just a watered-down compromise. Rumors suggest it might have around 246hp, similar to the RX 350h, but I'm hoping for something closer to 300hp to keep the performance enthusiasts happy. If they can nail it, I think it could be a great stepping stone for those who aren't quite ready to go fully electric. The 350h is rumored to be released in 2026, so we'll hopefully get some concrete details soon. (Unless Lexus decides to keep us in suspense for another decade. They do love their dramatic reveals!)

Since all of this is speculation and none of us know anything for certain, I reserve the right to be right until proven wrong! HA! But seriously, it's all just "educated guessing" mixed in with some vague language attempting to resemble reality.

Last edited by UltraLux22; 07-07-24 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-07-24, 06:32 AM
hotwings
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraLux22
I'm hoping for something closer to 300hp to keep the performance enthusiasts happy. If they can nail it, I think it could be a great stepping stone for those who aren't quite ready to go fully electric. The 350h is rumored to be released in 2026, so we'll hopefully get some concrete details soon. (Unless Lexus decides to keep us in suspense for another decade. They do love their dramatic reveals!)
I'm guessing you'll get your 300 HP hybrid wish, but the tradeoff will be required or recommended premium gas. Probably not a show stopper for many but a bummer.
UltraLux22 (07-07-24)
Old 07-07-24, 08:49 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 513 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by hotwings
I'm guessing they will get their 300 HP hybrid wish, but the tradeoff will be required or recommended premium gas. Probably not a show stopper for many but a bummer.
Oh my bad, I fixed that for ya!

Originally Posted by UltraLux22

In the meantime, I'm cautiously optimistic about the ES350h. I'm hoping, for the sake of those who care (not me), that Lexus doesn't skimp on power, especially since they're taking away the V6. It needs to be a worthy successor, not just a watered-down compromise. Rumors suggest it might have around 246hp, similar to the RX 350h, but I'm hoping (fingers and toes crossed) for something closer to 300hp to keep the performance enthusiasts happy. (You know, the ones who will moan, groan, and complain the loudest to anyone within earshot!) If they can nail it, I think it could be a great stepping stone for those who aren't quite ready to go fully electric. The 350h is rumored to be released in 2026, so for those who really want to know (still not me,) get some concrete details soon. (Unless Lexus decides to keep us in suspense for another decade. They do love their dramatic reveals!)

Since all of this is speculation and none of us know anything for certain, I reserve the right to be right until proven wrong! HA! But seriously, it's all just "educated guessing" mixed in with some vague language attempting to resemble reality.
Old 07-08-24, 10:12 AM
pab12
Intermediate

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I'm still betting that the ES gets replaced by a modified Crown. It already has two different hybrid models and it's the same size as the ES.
=================================
My karma just ran over your dogma
Current Hers: '24 Lexus ES350 Lux
Current Mine: '23 Lexus IS 350 F Sport AWD
Old 07-08-24, 11:13 AM
LexusForever
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by hotwings
I'm guessing you'll get your 300 HP hybrid wish, but the tradeoff will be required or recommended premium gas. Probably not a show stopper for many but a bummer.
Premium at a much higher MPG.

I'll take that trade off.
Old 07-08-24, 08:39 PM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 466 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by pab12
I'm still betting that the ES gets replaced by a modified Crown. It already has two different hybrid models and it's the same size as the ES.
Sales will plunge!
ATL350 (07-10-24)
Old 07-10-24, 12:45 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Originally Posted by pab12
Highly doubt this. I don't see the model anywhere so I presume sales are failing miserably.

Quick Reply: Lexus relases 2025 model information