ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Puddle Lights

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:02 PM
larrytstar
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Puddle Lights

I have a 2024 ES UL. I want to install those cool door puddle lights that project the Lexus logo onto the ground from the bottom of the doors. I ordered one set and find that they are not compatible with my car. Has anyone purchased and installed these? If so, I would appreciate the Amazon link. Thanks!
Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM
gcvt
Driver

Received 74 Likes on 39 Posts

I bought mine here. Not cheap but they work perfectly.

https://lexusacc.com/
Old Today, 08:13 AM
tfischer

Received 216 Likes on 160 Posts

I installed a nice set (2) of Lexus Logo projection lamps on my 2015 RC, which were very neat for 9 years. When I traded it in for my new ES, I replaced the projection lamps in the RC with the originals, and kept the projectors for use in my swell new '24 ES.
When I tried to put the projection lamps into the ES front doors, I found out that the fixture is the same size, and will snap right in, but the plug that connects the lamp to the wiring is a different configuration, and the plugs won't connect.
It took about 15 minutes, but with a few small wires to bridge over the non-mating plugs, they work fine. After all, 12v is 12v.
The point is to note that a set for an RC will fit into the door of the new ES, but you will have to adapt the plugs. If you want plug 'n play, be sure the set you buy is designated as fitting the ES.

Last edited by tfischer; Today at 09:02 AM. Reason: This post went on for 91 minutes, and I wanted to make it shorter.
Old Today, 08:52 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,288 Likes on 897 Posts

Lexus changed the plug on the puddle lights in 2019 for gen 7. I also had a set from a 2013 ES that would not adapt at the plug. Had to buy new ones for the changed plug. I also found by buying a set from Amazon that the listing stated that for the ES all are the same from 2003 to 2024. This is incorrect as previously stated the plug was changed in 2019. Not saying all listings are incorrect but be careful ordering so you don't get the wrong ones.
Old Today, 09:18 AM
Arrowrock
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Soon after buying my 2021 Avalon, I was shopping on Amazon for LED lights to replace a couple of dim OEM incandescent lights. I saw the Toyota logo door lights and thought they were cool. They snapped right in place in a few minutes and were still working when I traded the Avalon for my new ES350 a week ago.

So I looked into doing the same trick on my Lexus. In reading reviews on Amazons' multiple listings for these lights, I saw some that said the electrical connection did not fit their car. I also saw some listings that said they included a set of adapter wires to make them fit two different OEM wiring harnesses. In the end, I decided the Lexus illuminated door sills made the logo projector lights overkill and did not buy a set.

We have not yet driven the Lexus after dark. Once I see how the OEM lights perform, I will give some more thought to replacing the door lights.

Last edited by Arrowrock; Today at 09:22 AM.