ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Buying ES350

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-24, 10:23 AM
mmatheny
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by grp52
Per the 2025 (US) Lexus web site's FEATURES comparison table, the standard features of an ES 350 Ultra Luxury model that are add-on options (or package) for Luxury models that may or may not be included in a built Luxury model are:

1. Power trunk with kick sensor
2. 18-in split-five-spoke alloy noise-reduction wheels with Vapor Chrome finish
3. 10.2-in Head-Up Display
4. Lexus Interface* with 12.3-in touchscreen display. Includes 3-year trial of Drive Connect* with Cloud Navigation, Intelligent Assistant and Destination Assist. Subscription required after trial. 4G network dependent.
5. Intuitive Parking Assist with Auto Braking and Rear Pedestrian Detection,* and Panoramic View Monitor
My ‘21 ES350 base with premium package has all that except the 12.3 screen & dampening wheels.

Last edited by mmatheny; 08-27-24 at 11:30 AM.
The following users liked this post:
radiologym (09-05-24)
Old 08-27-24, 12:51 PM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 524 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by mmatheny
My ‘21 ES350 base with premium package has all that except the 12.3 screen & dampening wheels.
My 2021 was base with premium package. But that year many other desirable items were frequently available options/accessories and mine had many items that seem to be no longer available unless you buy Luxury or U/L and have to pay for items that are standard or always added that you may not want. k
radiologym (09-05-24)
Old 08-27-24, 01:08 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 575 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by mmatheny
You don't have:
5. Intuitive Parking Assist with Auto Braking and Rear Pedestrian Detection,* and Panoramic View Monitor
either because "Rear Pedestrian Detection,* and Panoramic View Monitor" isn't a feature that's ever been available for any base model build configuration.

What you get with the Premium pacakage is just "Intuitive Parking Assist with Auto Braking* and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert*".

Old 08-27-24, 03:36 PM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 524 Likes on 373 Posts

Couldn’t get 18” wheels that year either with base & premium. That’s the one thing I missed. Otherwise, I got pretty much everything I wanted by way of options and accessories without doing Luxury and having to pay for leather, etc. I even got wood trim in my heated leather steering wheel, which you can’t do today without buying Luxury package—- and they almost all come with a $1600 added tech package I don’t want.
Yes, no panoramic camera.
radiologym (09-05-24)
Old 09-05-24, 01:01 PM
radiologym
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaboom
Couldn’t get 18” wheels that year either with base & premium. That’s the one thing I missed. Otherwise, I got pretty much everything I wanted by way of options and accessories without doing Luxury and having to pay for leather, etc. I even got wood trim in my heated leather steering wheel, which you can’t do today without buying Luxury package—- and they almost all come with a $1600 added tech package I don’t want.
Yes, no panoramic camera.
I would like to get Apple CarPlay WiFi but plug in is ok. Also would like to get projected directions on windshield but not a must. Leather is a must. Lane assist is preferred. Mark Levinson is strongly preferred. Don’t care about 18in wheels, may even like 17in better for smoother ride.

So can get used/older if can save substantial amount.
Old 09-05-24, 03:48 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 575 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by radiologym
I would like to get Apple CarPlay WiFi but plug in is ok....
For wireless CarPlay (as well as wireless Android Auto) you'll need to look for 2023 and later model year ESs.

...Also would like to get projected directions on windshield but not a must. ...
In case you aren't aware of it, projected directions onto the windshield, i.e., navigation and Heads Up Display (HUD) equipped models, will only project directions from the built-in Lexus navigation system. The Dynamic Navigation system for 2019 through 2022 model year ESs and the Cloud Navigation system for 2023 and later model years ESs.

... Lane assist is preferred. ...
That's a standard feature of all of this generation's ES models.

.... Leather is a must. ... Don’t care about 18in wheels, may even like 17in better for smoother ride. ....
Leather trimmed interior is only available on Luxury and Ultra Luxury model types. (For the first couple of model years the Luxury model was equipped with "regular" leather; whereas, all Ultra Luxury model types and years and ??2021?? model years and later Luxury model types were/are equipped with semi-aniline leather trimmed interiors.

Model types with your must have leather interior locks you out of any possibility of an ES built with 17 inch wheels. Lexus has only built base model types (including base plus Premium package models) with 17 inch wheels and those were also only built with "fake leather" NuLuxe interiors. (You might find a used Luxury or Ultra Luxury model type where a previous owner swapped the OEM 18 inch wheels for 17 inch wheels but they aren't original configuration and Lexus per the owner's manual doesn't recommend that.)

Last edited by grp52; 09-05-24 at 03:49 PM. Reason: fixed a typo
The following 2 users liked this post by grp52:
radiologym (09-22-24), scubapr (09-05-24)
Old 09-17-24, 01:05 PM
cannylad
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Just finished reading all of your posts, there are so many great suggestions and ideas that my head is spinning lol. I can't thank you all enough.
I'm pretty much sorted out with what my Must Have's are going to be and I'm certain now that I will be looking for the Ultra Lux. I do want the dampers and the seat extender for the driver's seat. Also the 360 camera view and parking assist. Definitely Leather.
I don't want a sunroof, I have one on my truck and have yet to open it. Don't know if that just leaves you with the Pan roof or if there is another option for the roof.

I've just been looking online at the inventory in the dealerships near me, there are only two and another one close to the bay area. Any suggestions on other ways to track down the car I want. I've been checking with Edmunds online for suggested selling prices.
Old 09-17-24, 05:14 PM
Arrowrock
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by cannylad
Just finished reading all of your posts, there are so many great suggestions and ideas that my head is spinning lol. I can't thank you all enough.
I'm pretty much sorted out with what my Must Have's are going to be and I'm certain now that I will be looking for the Ultra Lux. I do want the dampers and the seat extender for the driver's seat. Also the 360 camera view and parking assist. Definitely Leather.
I don't want a sunroof, I have one on my truck and have yet to open it. Don't know if that just leaves you with the Pan roof or if there is another option for the roof.

I've just been looking online at the inventory in the dealerships near me, there are only two and another one close to the bay area. Any suggestions on other ways to track down the car I want. I've been checking with Edmunds online for suggested selling prices.
Try cars.com and input your wants for model, trim, color, new or max miles, etc. Try nationwide first to see a total and then shrink the distance if you see some within a reasonable distance. You will get a sunroof, no avoiding it. The panoramic roof is probably going to be on every luxury and ultra you see.

=red&include_shippable=true&keyword=&list_price_max=&list_price_min=&makes[]=lexus&maximum_distance=all&mileage_max=10000&models[]=lexus-es_350&monthly_payment=&page_size=20&sort=best_match_desc&stock_type=all&trims[]=lexus-es_350-ultra_luxury&year_max=2025&year_min=2024&zip=46815]New and Used Lexus ES 350 for Sale Nationwide | Cars.com
Old 09-17-24, 05:23 PM
cannylad
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Arrowrock
Try cars.com and input your wants for model, trim, color, new or max miles, etc. Try nationwide first to see a total and then shrink the distance if you see some within a reasonable distance. You will get a sunroof, no avoiding it. The panoramic roof is probably going to be on every luxury and ultra you see.

=red&include_shippable=true&keyword=&list_price_max=&list_price_min=&makes[]=lexus&maximum_distance=all&mileage_max=10000&models[]=lexus-es_350&monthly_payment=&page_size=20&sort=best_match_desc&stock_type=all&trims[]=lexus-es_350-ultra_luxury&year_max=2025&year_min=2024&zip=46815]New and Used Lexus ES 350 for Sale Nationwide | Cars.com
Thanks Arrowrock, that's good info. I've never used anything like that before.
Old 09-17-24, 07:37 PM
Arrowrock
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

And "leather" is not "all leather" in the ES. I am inclined to think you get several pieces of real leather surrounded by a lot of faux leather. Skinning those little fauxes is OK with the animal rights people. On these hot days, I do appreciate the automatic cooled seats with the perforated leather under my bottom. My Toyotas had heated seats, but they were not cooled.